Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why are so many people counting out Saurfang? I get that he's old, I know. But what if Blizzard decides to go down the route that most countries do now (especially the U.S.) - go with an older leader that's more specifically elected for running a country (in this case, a faction) and not so much actually fighting in warfare? When Garrosh is dead, I'm guessing that will end the Horde v. Alliance war (at least for a while), and there won't be much use for the new Warchief to have to physically fight. Plus, it isn't like Garrosh is drop-dead old. He's just got a bit of mileage, is all. He has all the qualifications and experience. I see no legitimate reason why he couldn't/shouldn't be the new Warchief.
    | Happiness is the best revenge |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Diabl0 View Post
    I wonder what excuse Blizzard will give if the new Warchief is not an Orc. The Warchief should be, before anything, the leader of the Orc clans (IMO).

Why would the Orcs accept a non Orc as their leader? What would stop them from picking their own Warchief and leaving the Horde? Also, if there's no Orc Warchief, why would all the different Orc clans submit themselves to the leadership of an *Orc leader* that's not above their own clan leaders and has to submit to the leadership of a non-orc.
    In reality that can be said both ways, why would any other race in the horde allow another orc warchief after the whole Garrosh debacle that is not Thrall (because he is trusted). It can go bothways truth be told, more so when the Horde isnt really Orcs or go home anymore, as Garrosh tried to imply on it (again).

this leads me to believe that 5.5 (if they go with it) may actually be something along the lines of a plot twist in the direction of 6.0 skysunder/darkbelow w/e it is

I don't know, Blizzard is predictable sometimes..I still believe that the next warchief gonna be Vol'jin because of the Book and the role he played in the expansion...Well, hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    In reality that can be said both ways, why would any other race in the horde allow another orc warchief after the whole Garrosh debacle that is not Thrall (because he is trusted). It can go bothways truth be told, more so when the Horde isnt really Orcs or go home, as Garrosh tried to imply on it (again).
    When they joined the horde, they didn't have a choice because without the Orc armies backing them, they wouldn't stand a chance – unless they had joined the alliance, obviously. Right now, you can't really tell which races are more powerful because Blizzard had to even things out, if they hadn't, the Horde would feel like an Orc faction and it wouldn't be as interesting.

But yes, I agree with you, I don't think the other races should continue to be ruled by an Orc without questioning it. But I don't think taking the place of the Orc leader would make sense. If they want change, they should probably change the power structure of the horde and either rule it by council or just stay together as an alliance without an absolute leader.
    Last edited by El_Diabl0; 2013-08-23 at 03:01 AM.

Probably gonna be Vol'jin or Thrall coming back. Outside bets on Chen or Baine, or a minor Orc NPC suddenly raised to major character status.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Why would varian decide something that the horde should do? x)
    Because he won, long story short.

That being said, given the enormous lore push Vol'jin has gotten since 5.1, I wouldn't be surprised to see him given the role of intermediary Warchief while the Horde sorts itself out post-revolution (Vol'jin, after all, masterminded the revolution and the Darkspears led the charge, with the other races either pursuing their own agendas before they were ready to join up, like Lor'themar, or joined after Vol'jin declared open revolution like Baine and apparently Sylvanas and Gallywix). Then, either in the post-Orgrimmar, pre-expansion patch and/or the next expansion's release content/event, we'll see the long-term Warchief take the throne, if it's not Vol'jin.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk man... If the Warchief is not an orc, I just cannot see me standing at his side. Seriously, I rather be Alliance than have an Orc Leader that isn't an Orc. New Horde or Old Horde, a WARCHIEF needs to be an ORC.
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonridor View Post
    Idk man... If the Warchief is not an orc, I just cannot see me standing at his side. Seriously, I rather be Alliance than have an Orc Leader that isn't an Orc. New Horde or Old Horde, a WARCHIEF needs to be an ORC.
    The position of Orcish Warchief and Warchief of the Horde need not remain one and the same, and likely won't after Garrosh's reign ends next patch. Odds are each race will have their racial leader, then the Horde will have a Warchief separate from racial leadership. I also foresee the other leaders getting ultimate veto power on the Warchief's military decisions that affect the Horde as a whole and not just his/her people, to prevent another Garrosh.

That's a relief, when they implied it wouldn't be resolved until next expansion I was like... :S

Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    It's obviously Vol'jin or even that blood elf guy who flips his hair all the time
    Man there better be a /hairflip emote when they remake the models!

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Sylvanas!!!!

Calling it now. Cinematics:

Garrosh stands back up and knocks down the raid.

"Nobody can stop the TRUE HORD! GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

"Did you think we have forgotten? Did you think we have forgiven? Behold now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken"
    "WHO'S THE BITCH NOW, HUH!!??"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    The position of Orcish Warchief and Warchief of the Horde need not remain one and the same, and likely won't after Garrosh's reign ends next patch. Odds are each race will have their racial leader, then the Horde will have a Warchief separate from racial leadership. I also foresee the other leaders getting ultimate veto power on the Warchief's military decisions that affect the Horde as a whole and not just his/her people, to prevent another Garrosh.
    That situation would probably not have prevented Garrosh. Certain things that happened sure, but it would have still played out the same

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    That situation would probably not have prevented Garrosh. Certain things that happened sure, but it would have still played out the same
    Yeah, I'll have to agree more or less, Garrosh probably wouldnt have gave a shit about the opinion of any other Race. The only thing that would have prevented this is him not beeing in power, that sure went to his head, pretty sure everyone saw it a mile away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Garrosh goes "Hey guys, let's go take over Pandaria!"
    Other leaders: "No."
    Garrosh: "FINE THEN. ALL Y'ALL GONNA FALL IN LINE OR GET CRUSHED."
    Other leaders: "Okay. /rebellion"

So... I guess in broad strokes it would have gone the same way, but without destroying huge swaths of land and desecrating the locals' holiest of holy ground in the process and with a lot of troops that didn't get killed fighting Garrosh's war for him, and without Garrosh having had the opportunity to gather up artifacts and Y'shaarj's heart. It would've made the Siege much less one-sided for the rebels and may have negated the need to team up with the Alliance, given Vol'jin's implicit understanding with Sylvanas that would let her use the val'kyr to raise corpses for reinforcements.

Quote Originally Posted by Dansdog View Post
    Why no Love for Sunwalker Dezco?
    Dezco's relentlessly moronic actions in Pandaria, both in game and his short story, make me consider him an even worse candidate than Garrosh! I really hope he doesn't live to see the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post

"Did you think we have forgotten? Did you think we have forgiven? Behold now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken"
    10/10 would orgasm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    I know it sounds racist (lol), but Warchief is an orcish title and if another race is to be a Horde Leader, he should never be called Warchief. I don't care if the leader is a troll or a tauren, but if it comes to that, he CAN'T be called Warchief, it's stupid.

It's like naming a Draenei High King! Draenei doesn't have kings, just like trolls doesn't have warchiefs. A warchief needs to be the orc racial leader AND the Horde leader, just like the supreme commander (or high king) is the human and Alliance leader.
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

Quote Originally Posted by Sonridor View Post
    I know it sounds racist (lol), but Warchief is an orcish title and if another race is to be a Horde Leader, he should never be called Warchief. I don't care if the leader is a troll or a tauren, but if it comes to that, he CAN'T be called Warchief, it's stupid.

It's like naming a Draenei High King! Draenei doesn't have kings, just like trolls doesn't have warchiefs. A warchief needs to be the orc racial leader AND the Horde leader, just like the supreme commander (or high king) is the human and Alliance leader.
    It's not really racism because the different races in WoW are mostly different species. A cat person can't be called a racist because he doesn't like dogs (Not the same thing but you know what I mean).

And yes, I'm with you on the Warchief thing. Lets hope Blizzard doesn't mess this up.
    Last edited by El_Diabl0; 2013-08-23 at 04:05 AM.

Anyone put any thought into the new Warchief being Valeera Sanguinar?
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

If it's an Orc, my vote would go to Saurfang. I think Thrall's time as Warchief is over. He may temporarily take the position back just long enough to restore order, give his "I'm too old for this shit now, I have a greater duty to Azeroth, I have a wife and kid, etc" speech, and appoint someone else.

Rexxar wouldn't make sense. He hates civilization/politics.

If it's not an Orc, I'd rather see a Tauren warchief. Baine would be awesome and would likely run the Horde similar to the way Thrall did (right down to being somewhat friendly with Jaina), which would kinda put things back to where they were before Garrosh came along. There'd still be plenty of room for the horde/alliance fighting to continue, since people of both sides will be pretty pissed off at each other over recent events. Also, if the next warchief is not an Orc, that leaves room for a city besides Orgrimmar to become the main city of the horde. Thunder Bluff as the main horde city would be awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    They are actually fiercely loyal to whoever is leading the Horde, not any particular individual -"The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm", page 179
    So loyal that they suppress their real emotions or something? Because all I hear from the Kor'kron is how Garrosh and them is the true Horde and how everyone else is worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Also, I think you're forgetting Saurfang. Either way, Thrall>Lor'themar/Vol'jin/Baine.
    I didn't forget Saurfang, I don't find him a valid candidate.
    1: He's old, I mean really old at this point, he's a freaking relic.
    2: He's not necessarily trusted by the other members of the Horde, he might be considered a hero to some but, he really hasn't done anything to prove himself lately. Heck, he was the adviser of Garrosh and that didn't really do much. The only thing he has really done beside advising Garrosh is standing around in Orgrimmar cleaving Alliance, and picking up his son in ICC.

Yeah sure he has been a loyal soldier of the Horde for many years, all three wars in fact, and even drank the corrupted blood with Grom. That only goes to show how old he is. Let him retire already...