Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Diabl0 View Post
    I wonder what excuse Blizzard will give if the new Warchief is not an Orc. The Warchief should be, before anything, the leader of the Orc clans (IMO).

Why would the Orcs accept a non Orc as their leader? What would stop them from picking their own Warchief and leaving the Horde? Also, if there's no Orc Warchief, why would all the different Orc clans submit themselves to the leadership of an *Orc leader* that's not above their own clan leaders and has to submit to the leadership of a non-orc.
    If the orcs can't accept that in the Horde they created they should be made to accept it, as the other races had to accept a human King for their leader. At this point the alternative is internment camps... again.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Warchief Varok Saurfang
    <Warchief>

High Chieftain Baine Bloodhoof
    <Leader of the Horde>

Something like that. Saurfang becomes leader of the Orcs until lil Thrall comes of age, Warchief as the leader of the Orcs title, but Baine gains the leadership of the Horde.
    Oh god no. At least Thrall and Vol'jin have personalities. Boring ones, but at least they HAVE them, whereas Baine's personality has the consistency of wet cardboard.

The question is who really wants ultimate power

and which racial leader do the other racial leaders trust to weld that power

They do not want another garrosh on there hands so will they choose thrall who has a proven track record of keeping the horde together, or vol'jin who has led a successful rebellion but is not well liked by orcs, or slyvanas who is worshiped by her own faction but hated by every other, or baine or lor'thermar both who have come leaps and bounds in this xpac.

My money is still on Thrall unless they pull out a M.Night Shyamalan plot twist

10+ Year Old Account
    Baine Bloodhoof as leader of the Horde? Hah, the kid couldn't even handle the Grimtotem properly, plus he wants to "make his dad proud" more than our current Warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    Considering he has a death quote and he explodes into a thousand pieces like Deathwing, leaving nothing but his shoulderpads behind, I'd say yes.
    Got a source for that, mostly the explosion part?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Oh god no. At least Thrall and Vol'jin have personalities. Boring ones, but at least they HAVE them, whereas Baine's personality has the consistency of wet cardboard.
    Hey, Garrosh was killed off because he became a Warchief, and Blizzard didn't know what to do with him. I guess it's time to dig another Bloodhoof grave.

But yeah, I agree, Baine as the leader of the Horde would make a lot of sense. Unfortunately, I feel Vol'Jin will be "the chosen one", with the amount of developement he received. Quite lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Got a source for that, mostly the explosion part?
    5.4 Data files, there's a NPC model of his shoulders with "lootable" in it's name. It is not 100% sure he's gonna explode, but we're definitely not looting his body.
    As for the death quote, it's in his 5.4 sound file which was datamined a while ago, if my memory serves me correctly it's something like "No...It cannot end like this....what I have seen...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! This world was my destiny....my...destiny.." you can find the voice on MMO-Champion or AdriaCraft's youtube page.
    EDIT: Here's the pic of the shoulders NPC
    Last edited by Adoxe; 2013-08-23 at 01:10 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I'd say Vol'jin more so than Lor'themar.

Incidentally this is the reason I think Rexxar would be a terrible choice. He's been absent even longer than Saurfang, and it would make no sense for him to just suddenly come back and take the mantle of leadership out of the blue after being absent in the Horde's time of need. He would need serious character development to even want to be warchief, which blizz hasn't given him. They even decided to include CHEN in the Vol'jin storyline over him, if blizz had plans for Rexxar being Warchief I doubt they'd have cut him out of MoP. And it's not like he has any sort of qualifications that make him better suited for the job than the leaders that HAVE been around in Cata/MoP.
    I have been saying this the whole time.. if they pull out rexxar just out of the blue i will be realy dissapointend

inb4 alliance don't even appear in the cinematic and you just see horses riding into the distance because we don't want to interrupt horde screen time

10+ Year Old Account
    Way I see it is this. Vol'jin despite his recent changes and novel to him, hasn't really been though anything special. It took it years to muster up the strength to take down a single witch doctor, which is pretty weak compared to what other leaders have done in freeing there people (Thrall, Sylvanas). But despite that, I just can't get invested in a character thats been forced into the front cover of something just because people regarded him as undeveloped.

Vol'jin would bring nothing special to the horde as its warchief. He's not really grown much as a character, and in reasons are based on vengeance more then anything else. If the horde is to move on from Garrosh, its needs a character who has been though some real stress and hardship and who understands what needs to be done. Vol'jin just doesn't have this. Hell, even Jaina has more standing in terms of that development then he does.
    #boycottchina

Considering he has a death quote and he explodes into a thousand pieces like Deathwing, leaving nothing but his shoulderpads behind, I'd say yes.
    Where does he explode?

Oh, now I see.

It either means we arrest him, exile him, or we literally take his corpse to do something to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Hey, Garrosh was killed off because he became a Warchief, and Blizzard didn't know what to do with him. I guess it's time to dig another Bloodhoof grave.

But yeah, I agree, Baine as the leader of the Horde would make a lot of sense. Unfortunately, I feel Vol'Jin will be "the chosen one", with the amount of developement he received. Quite lame.
    Garrosh has been unstable from the very beginning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trassk View Post
    way i see it is this. Vol'jin despite his recent changes and novel to him, hasn't really been though anything special. It took it years to muster up the strength to take down a single witch doctor, which is pretty weak compared to what other leaders have done in freeing there people (thrall, sylvanas). But despite that, i just can't get invested in a character thats been forced into the front cover of something just because people regarded him as undeveloped.

Vol'jin would bring nothing special to the horde as its warchief. He's not really grown much as a character, and in reasons are based on vengeance more then anything else. If the horde is to move on from garrosh, its needs a character who has been though some real stress and hardship and who understands what needs to be done. Vol'jin just doesn't have this. Hell, even jaina has more standing in terms of that development then he does.
    lorthemar theron for warchief!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Way I see it is this. Vol'jin despite his recent changes and novel to him, hasn't really been though anything special. It took it years to muster up the strength to take down a single witch doctor, which is pretty weak compared to what other leaders have done in freeing there people (Thrall, Sylvanas). But despite that, I just can't get invested in a character thats been forced into the front cover of something just because people regarded him as undeveloped.

Vol'jin would bring nothing special to the horde as its warchief. He's not really grown much as a character, and in reasons are based on vengeance more then anything else. If the horde is to move on from Garrosh, its needs a character who has been though some real stress and hardship and who understands what needs to be done. Vol'jin just doesn't have this. Hell, even Jaina has more standing in terms of that development then he does.
    That wont stop Blizzard from making him Warchief. It's written on the wall.

5.4 Data files, there's a NPC model of his shoulders with "lootable" in it's name. It is not 100% sure he's gonna explode, but we're definitely not looting his body.
    As for the death quote, it's in his 5.4 sound file which was datamined a while ago, if my memory serves me correctly it's something like "No...It cannot end like this....what I have seen...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! This world was my destiny....my...destiny.." you can find the voice on MMO-Champion or AdriaCraft's youtube page.
    The guy is sounding more and more like a dreadlord by the moment plus people who are sha infested dont usually explode IE Grand Empress Shek'zeer

Something is very very fishy imho!
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2013-08-23 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    The guy is sounding more and more like a dreadlord by the moment plus people who are sha infested dont usually explode IE Grand Empress Shek'zeer
    Yeah, I'm starting to suspect there might be some Dreadlord activity going on. But then again, Garrosh isn't sha infested, hes Y'shaarj infested, it's similar but way worse.

Yeah, I'm starting to suspect there might be some Dreadlord activity going on. But then again, Garrosh isn't sha infested, hes Y'shaarj infested, it's similar but way worse.
    I could be totally wrong and i usually am but i honestly believe there is alot more going on then we are being led to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    I could be totally wrong and i usually am but i honestly believe there is alot more going on then we are being led to believe.
    Well, we still haven't seen any of the cutscenes or cinematics from 5.4, the only 2 cutscenes we've seen so far were Thrall and Saurfang entering Orgrimmar and Thrall and Saurfang fighting off the Mantid but they had no voices attached to them and they were tied to the Timeless Isle. Only time will tell I guess, but I'm expecting atleast a few twists. I'm mostly interested in finding out where and why the "Good Mourning" and "ForThePandarenAlliance" songs will be played, wondering who dies..
    Last edited by Adoxe; 2013-08-23 at 02:47 PM.

Deleted
    If it is an orc, it will be either Nazgrel, Gorgonna, Saurfang or Thrall. No other is suitable. Eltrigg is too old and not interested, Nazgrim will be dead (unless he miracuously doesn't die), and there's actually a half-orc, Rexxar as a possibility, forgat about him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    It will be John Hellscream, garrosh long lost twin brother. I don't think anyone expect something like that.