Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    anduin is 10.
    Anduin is 16 by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziddy View Post
    Just throwing this idea out there, which is something I thought of while watching some old cinematics.

What is Thrall's unnamed baby son is the new warchief? He obviously won't be able to actually be warchief until he is older, but with Vol'jin, Aggra and Thrall acting as his advisors, I can see it being a viable idea.
    Thrall's son is an infant and the position of Warchief has never really been hereditary. In fact I believe there has only been one father/son pairing to even both call themselves Warchief (Blackhand the Destroyer and Rend Blackhand) and there wasn't a lot of continuity between them. Blackhand the Destroyer was the first Warchief of the original Horde, while Rend Blackhand was Warchief of the Dark Horde and did not become so until well after his father's death.

Even if Thrall's son is openly expected to become Warchief in the very long term, someone else is going to have to be de facto Warchief for the foreseeable future.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    i've seen the super secret cinematic. i'll try not to uncover any spoilers, but...

the new warchief's name starts with an H

and ends with a: ogger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    No more openly mocked than if a troll was their ruler. At least that infant is of a superior race.
    Not superior since they would be given a kick to the nuts now, but certainly better then having someone who isn't your own race representing you as its leader. Yeah, I'd sooner a baby orc representing the orcs then a troll.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Thrall's son is an infant and the position of Warchief has never really been hereditary. In fact I believe there has only been one father/son pairing to even both call themselves Warchief (Blackhand the Destroyer and Rend Blackhand) and there wasn't a lot of continuity between them. Blackhand the Destroyer was the first Warchief of the original Horde, while Rend Blackhand was Warchief of the Dark Horde and did not become so until well after his father's death.

Even if Thrall's son is openly expected to become Warchief in the very long term, someone else is going to have to be de facto Warchief for the foreseeable future.
    Garrosh is a Rend Blackhand wannabe.

Blizzard can surprise us and do something totally new, but assuming they are tied by these constraints let's see who are actual candidates to be the Next Warchief:

Constraint1:
    Whoever will be the new warchief(s) will have to reside in the Horde Faction capital: Orgrimmar

Constraint2:
    Regardless of who takes up the mantle of Warchief, the orcs still need a new racial leader

So this leads to the following:
    -Constraint 1 makes it so that if a Tauren, Forsaken, or Blood elf leader is chosen, they will have to move to Orgrimmar and be replaced in their own capital.
    Seeing as how it is kind of weird to see a Tauren, forsaken of BE in Org, it seems more likely that the next warchief is either an Orc, a Troll or a Goblin (also, none of those leaders have viable replacements to take their spot in their own city)
    Seeing as how Goblins are very unlikely to lead the horde, it will either be a troll or an orc
    -Constraint 2 makes it that even if Vol'jin is chosen, the orcs still need a racial leader of their own.
    Seeing as how leveling in outland, northrend already has the orcs as dominant force of the horde, how warcraft has always been mostly about orcs vs humans, blizzard reluctant to change much for the impact of a small story element (alliance lands restored, re-introducing the battle for undercity), it seems most likely that the next warchief will be an orc, however, given that the trolls do not have their own Capital for Vol'jin to stand in, he can chill in Org without it looking weird (just like Genn Greymane for the alliance) So it is possible that Vol'jin acts as temporary warchief or the council will consist of the orc leader, Vol'jin and possibly other races representatives (not their actual leaders)

Now given that the Alliance has a hand in this victory, (thanks to the raiders, though the story will only credit Varian) the horde isn;t really in a position to pick a leader that does not get a long with the alliance very much. So Sylvanas's odds have diminished much like most of her rotting flesh (can't believe people think she is hot). And Saurfang (ICC deathbringer saurfang event), Baine (connection with Anduin) and Vol'jin (for asking alliance for help) their odds have increased. Even Lor'themar's odds have slightly increased seeing as how Varian was at one point willing to take the blood elves back into the alliance to join the High Elves. Though I doubt the Dalaran event made them buddies much....

So we have Baine, Saurfang and Vol'jin as the 3 most likely candidates. Saurfang will likely become the new Orc racial leader (he has the fanbase and is old enough to be replaced as soon as MAry Sue's..eerrr I mean Thrall's kid is old enough to become the new Med'an god with infinite power and warchief of the seven worlds)
    Baine seems to be too inexperienced to lead the entire Horde (then again so was Garrosh. thrall was an idiot for picking him, so who knows)
    Vol'jin has almost everything working in his favor, but so does Saurfang.

I personally think it will be either Saurfang or a totally new unexpected person that no one saw coming (besides the oddbal who just said it as a joke)
    But I wouldn;t be surprised if it was Vol'jin.

I think Vol'jin will strike the killing blow in the cinematic (the black dart just before Garrosh lands a killing blow on Anduin). Varian is impressed and mentions that he would make a fine warchief. Vol'jin declines and appoints Saurfang for his age/wisdom, his endurance, his loyalty and his honor. Stating that he is the shining example that orcs need right now. Saurfang doesn't want to take the mantle, but Thrall back Vol'jin up saying that he should have chosen him over Garrosh and now is the perfect time to correct that mistake. Saurfang accepts to become a warchief, but only if Thrall and Vol'jin will become his advisors.

That is when Wrathion comes in and blasts them all away, killing, varian, anduin, thrall, vol'jin, saurfang leaving both the horde and the alliance in dissaray...then he starts taking over the world in the next Expac: the Dark Below (he will situate his throne in Deepholm where is father licked his wounds) Okay, ignore this part about wrathion...that was just to mess with you :P
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post
    -Constraint 1 makes it so that if a Tauren, Forsaken, or Blood elf leader is chosen, they will have to move to Orgrimmar and be replaced in their own capital.
    Seeing as how it is kind of weird to see a Tauren, forsaken of BE in Org, it seems more likely that the next warchief is either an Orc, a Troll or a Goblin (also, none of those leaders have viable replacements to take their spot in their own city)
    Seeing as how Goblins are very unlikely to lead the horde, it will either be a troll or an orc
    Taurens have their own place in Orgrimmar, where it was Thrall's throne room.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Anduin is 16 by now.
    i meant was 10.

also hes 14/15 now.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

it has to be an orc - anything less will not do.

- - - Updated - - -

What about etrigg? or w/e his name is?

Rereanimate Saurfang the younger? :-p

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Not superior since they would be given a kick to the nuts now, but certainly better then having someone who isn't your own race representing you as its leader. Yeah, I'd sooner a baby orc representing the orcs then a troll.
    If the Warchief is a non-Orc, then the Orcs will likely have their own racial leader to represent them.

Overall, I do think the Orcs as a whole do need to learn some humility, and a non-Orc Warchief would be a way to do it without punishing them directly. The Orcs would be equal members of the Horde and would still retain a fairly important role in the grand scheme of things, but they would have to acknowledge that the Horde is no longer merely an extension of Orcish culture. To those who already parrot the ideal of "The Horde is Family", this wouldn't be a punishment at all.

Going forward into expansion 5, I'd say have a couple more non-Orc commanders in place (though the Orcs would still be represented) and maybe toss in a few references to many of the Orc soldiers being less experienced recruits who had avoided serving in the Kor'kron. Remember that even though Garrosh effectively drafted the entire populace, there's a difference between a true believer in the Kor'kron and an unwilling blacksmith who is simply trying to ensure his family doesn't face reprisals.

We could even have a little fun with this, perhaps one of the zones would feature a regiment comprised mainly of Orcs who signed on after the fall of Garrosh, and players will help them gain much needed experience in the field and ultimately help them overcome an enemy that would give more experienced regiments a run for their money. Further along in the expansion some of the characters from the regiment would show up among the Horde's elite.
    Last edited by Falrinn; 2013-08-24 at 12:36 AM.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

I bet the cinematic will go like the ally and horde leaders will argue about who to be the next one then some panda hops in saying this is not the time we must focus and heal the vale and our coulture (something like that) think about what we have learned etc. Then they agree and then Agra (?) comes with her baby. Thrall gets the bright idea of making one the warchief of the horde meanwhile his kid grows up and learns the lessons of the leaders and the pandaren. They all agree and it cuts with a glipse of the baby orc. ~ This is just what I'd imagine afther the cinematic of DS. They put so much faith in us and the unborn baby I guess there is more important story to tell. I might be all wrong tho.

The idea of Thrall's son being warchief is ludicrous. The position of Warchief hasn't even been around long enough to establish any sort of dynasty system, and EVERY warchief to rise to power has been unrelated to the others. It's not like there's even a precedent like with human monarchs of the oldest son taking the throne. Even if Thrall does become warchief again there's no reason that the position should default to Thrall Jr just based on that. It's one thing for the dwarves, with their long successions of kings to do something like with Moira and her son, it's another for the warchief of the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    The idea of Thrall's son being warchief is ludicrous. The position of Warchief hasn't even been around long enough to establish any sort of dynasty system, and EVERY warchief to rise to power has been unrelated to the others. It's not like there's even a precedent like with human monarchs of the oldest son taking the throne. Even if Thrall does become warchief again there's no reason that the position should default to Thrall Jr just based on that. It's one thing for the dwarves, with their long successions of kings to do something like with Moira and her son, it's another for the warchief of the horde.
    yeah as far as i know the warchief position has always been given either by it being handed over by the current warchief. or by someone else taking it.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Actually its been around a long time, so it leaves any details open to interpretation.

The Warchief, or War Chief, is the military leader of the Orcish Horde, similar to a king or Supreme Allied Commander among humans. The post is an ancient tradition, but was forgotten during the civil wars that plagued Draenor following the defeat of the Draenei. After the Horde crossed into Azeroth, Gul'dan revived the office to gain control of the orcs through the puppet Warchief. On Draenor, Ner'zhul took the title in the event Gul'dan should ever return. The Warchief is now the title of the Horde's supreme leader, though his duties no longer include simply war.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    The Warchief title is rarely passed this way (to a child, like kings)... Most cases it's TAKEN by force, like in Doomhammer and even Blackhand cases. So, in the past, I'm pretty sure the title was either given by the previous warchief (Doomhammer-Thrall/Thrall-Garrosh) or TAKEN (Blackhand-Doomhammer) and I'm pretty sure this should stay;

Imho it won't be a democratic choice with all them votes. The warchief will probably be Garrosh's killer or chose BY Garrosh's killer (something like Vol'jin kills Garry and apoints Thrall, shit like that).
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonridor View Post
    The Warchief title is rarely passed this way (to a child, like kings)... Most cases it's TAKEN by force, like in Doomhammer and even Blackhand cases. So, in the past, I'm pretty sure the title was either given by the previous warchief (Doomhammer-Thrall/Thrall-Garrosh) or TAKEN (Blackhand-Doomhammer) and I'm pretty sure this should stay;

Imho it won't be a democratic choice with all them votes. The warchief will probably be Garrosh's killer or chose BY Garrosh's killer (something like Vol'jin kills Garry and apoints Thrall, shit like that).
    I'm having a feeling that no matter who kills Garrosh, Thrall is still going to choose who the Warchief will be, but we will see.

Deleted
    If 'murica can have a black president, why can't the horde have a non orc warchief? Amirite?

I think if not thrall it'll be some temporary warchief bullshit that we have to put up with until his son comes of age.

The more interesting part is who will land the killing blow on Garrosh, wtb the wrath gate 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Actually its been around a long time, so it leaves any details open to interpretation.
    "Ancient and long forgotten." As in there are few if any who even remember the old way of it. In the line of warchiefs in recent memory, none of them left the mantle to someone in their bloodline, but to whoever was able fill the role best in that person's eyes. Doomhammer killed Blackhand and took control, then Doomhammer chose Thrall, Thrall chose Garrosh. ( A mistake, but again he chose Garrosh because he thought he was best for that moment among the candidates.) I think it's more interesting than going by bloodline, also helps to distinguish the horde more from the traditional monarchs of the alliance. If Thrall's son becomes Warchief it should be because he EARNS it not because of who his daddy is.

There is no Warchief, no toon of any other race that so embodies the new Horde other then that of Saurfang. A living legend, mighty and strong, but he know's his limits. He does not seek war, but seek's peace and what is best for the Horde.

Also.. the foreshadowing Blizzard put in so long ago.
    Not mentioning one of the most epic Lore moments in WoW.

High Overlord Saurfang says: So the prodigal son has spoken!
    High Overlord Saurfang says: Your father's blood runs strong in you, Hellscream. Impatient as always... Impatient and reckless.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: You rush headlong into all-out war without a thought of the consequences.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: Do not speak to me of consequences, old one.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: I drank of the same blood your father did, Garrosh. Mannoroth's cursed venom pumped through my veins as well.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: I drove my weapons into the bodies and minds of my enemies.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: And while Grom died a glorious death - freeing us all from the blood curse - he could not wipe away the terrible memory of our past.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: His act could not erase the horrors we committed.
    High Overlord Saurfang pauses.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: The winter after the curse was lifted, hundreds of veteran orcs like me were lost to despair.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: Our minds were finally free, yes... Free to relive all of the unthinkable acts that we had performed under the Legion's influence.
    High Overlord Saurfang nods.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: I think it was the sounds of the draenei children that unnerved most of them... You never forget...
    High Overlord Saurfang says: Have you ever been to Jaggedswine Farm? When the swine are of age for the slaughter... It's that sound. The sound of the swine being killed... It resonates the loudest. Those are hard times for us older veterans.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: But surely you cannot think that those children were born into innocence? They would have grown up and taken arms against us!
    High Overlord Saurfang shakes his head.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: I am not speaking solely of the children of our enemies...
    High Overlord Saurfang pauses.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: I won't let you take us down that dark path again, young Hellscream. I'll kill you myself before that day comes...
    Saurfang turns away and looks at the map instead.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: How have you managed to survive for so long, Saurfang? Not fallen victim to your own memories?
    Saurfang turns around for a moment to answer.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: I don't eat pork...
    High Overlord Saurfang spits.