Poll: Thoughts on underwater zones

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

POLL: UNDERWATER ZONE - good/bad/don't care/quiting

terrible idea i know, but i'm bored at work.

If we get underwater zones in next expansion that functions like that in cataclysm, what would your responses be?

I personally did not like underwater zones whatsoever and hope that it is greatly different from the cata design.

Deleted
    Keyboard turners hates it, and it's possible that they take up 70% of wow's population

I LIKED it at first, but overtime i just didn't get used to the movement, and ended up frustrated when trying to preform some simple tasks. I admit, probably bad driver, but i for one prefer the traditional environments. If they do underwater theme it will be interesting to see how they implement it, though i HOPE for something else.

Deleted
    I'd find it great if we get one and keep it optional. But no more than that would work, I'd say.

I loved it.
    And really, when you think about it, after getting the mount it's really no different than flying around in Azeroth/Outland except you can be caught and dismounted.

I'm betting most people didn't like it because it's easier to move in a 2d plane than a 3d cube/sphere. But eh...to each their own. I enjoyed it and would enjoy it again. What I'd hate is the tears it would drown the internet in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vashj'ir was one of the best zones ever created imo. Beautiful scenery, amazing quests, and a new dynamic feature which I felt worked out great.

So I would absolutely love to see another one.

I agree it certainly was pretty zone. Just mechanically over time i couldn't get into it.

Id be fine if the the flight power was flying mounts now move at the same speed above and below water, but have a small ramp up time to full speed in the water.

I like underwater zones but having like 2 swimming mounts that aren't terrible kind of sucks. At least a compromise where some mounts "maybe wyrm types" would gain max speed in the water. So our serpent mounts, soul of aspects mount, and some others would become very fast in the water. Maybe have the new engineering robot have a submarine mode.

Water zones can rock... but they have to make them fun.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved Vash'jir and really gave me a sense of exploration no other zone had before, would be nice with more underwater stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by kjdocs View Post
    I agree it certainly was pretty zone. Just mechanically over time i couldn't get into it.
    The thing is the clunky mechanics is controllable ... changes and tweaks and it could be really good.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

I skipped Vashj'ir because I wanted to leave something new for me to do on an alt (if I ever get an alt that high >_>). However, I just want to point out that Blizzard is not oblivious. They know that there were mixed reactions to the zone. If they ever do an underwater zone again, they will do their best to address those issues. I can't guarantee they will succeed, but they're not just going to make an expansion out of Vashj'ir clones and then get shocked when a bunch of people leave.

Assuming things did stay the same though, I don't care. I can't imagine Vashj'ir being that bad for me personally.

I wouldn't quit if we had another undewater zone. But as someone who has a hard time dealing with things in 3 dimensions, I'd prefer they didn't.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

I LOVED Vashir, abit disorienting but i still loved it! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Vashj'ir was one of the best zones ever created imo. Beautiful scenery, amazing quests, and a new dynamic feature which I felt worked out great.

So I would absolutely love to see another one.
    It was interesting the very first time around as it was underwater, but even that didn't mean much. I barely got through it the first and only time. So it was the complete opposite to me. It looked great, but the quests were no different than in any other zone and that was about it, honestly. It seemed like most people couldn't get into that zone much as everyone avoided it like the plague in Cata. lol

Deleted
    I think Vashj'ir (sic?) and Uldum were best Cata zones. I never had problem with 3D movements so yeh, i'd like to have one underwater zone in future.

Deleted
    It's fun in the 2 first times imo, but after that its annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KClovesGaming View Post
    It seemed like most people couldn't get into that zone much as everyone avoided it like the plague in Cata. lol
    If they added another, I hope there would be an alternate zone as well (such as Hyjal was). It would still be a win-win. Those who enjoyed it would have it and those who didn't would have another option.

I enjoyed it at first though overtime it got tiring, would love to see another though if as others said it could be kept optional and by-passable if need be.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

I typically don't like underwater zones in any game. The transition from moving forward/back/sides to moving in all directions is never a smooth one. And then you also have to constantly monitor things above and below you as well cause you can't just fly away and have things you pull reset like you can anywhere else in WoW.
    And above all else you lose the ability to jump, not being able to jump drives me insane.

AND, i really just never got excited over NAGA.

Probably going to get a lot of flack for that. NAGA and underwater go hand in hand, so again, hoping for something else.