Poll: Thoughts on underwater zones

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I only did enough quests in Vashj'ir in Cata to get the tabard, absolutely hate everything about underwater quests/zones.

Bad and quitting assuming most of the expansion, if not all of it, would be underwater.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    If they added another, I hope there would be an alternate zone as well (such as Hyjal was). It would still be a win-win. Those who enjoyed it would have it and those who didn't would have another option.
    If only a minor group liked Vashj'ir, it would be a waste of time and resources to create another underwater zone.

Could be unless blizz gambles on a submerged battle tech solution.

Still don't care for sustained under water environments

Quote Originally Posted by rinleezwins View Post
    If only a minor group liked Vashj'ir, it would be a waste of time and resources to create another underwater zone.
    According to current poll standings, it's pretty much even.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved the zone. It was amazingly fun to explore and quest in, and was utterly gorgeous. So much to see and do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by amirdaheat View Post
    Keyboard turners hates it, and it's possible that they take up 70% of wow's population
    So you're implying here that the majority of people who hate underwater zones (Disagree with you) are keyboard turners, which is generally a bad thing. So you're effectively framing it in a way where anyone with an opposing opinion is bad at this game. Nice try, but no, Vashj'ir is horrible zone, it doesn't look bad, but it doesn't feel good. I'm pretty sure an underwater expansion would end in me unsubbing, they're not fun, and an Azshara expansion doesn't sound thematically gripping anyhow.

-Sincerely,
    Someone who doesn't Keyboard turn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    According to current poll standings, it's pretty much even.
    if it's something that splits people in half, people that pay for this game by the way, with such strong opinions (people either love it or hate it) for either side, then it's probably not the best business decision to add it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    if it's something that splits people in half, people that pay for this game by the way, with such strong opinions (people either love it or hate it) for either side, then it's probably not the best business decision to add it.
    You are not going to find an expansion idea that everyone, or even the vast majority, love.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, we could probably do a poll for every zone in the game and come up with 50/50 love hate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that MMOC is statistically-reliable in any sense whatsoever, but I'd say that having 50% of your playerbase excited for a feature is doing extremely well in an MMO.

By your justification, PvP, RBGs, Arena, duels, group content, solo content, progression grinds, gear drops, LFR, Scenarios, Heroic raiding, questing, dailies, VP gear, Honor points, tier for casuals, Pandas, Death Knights, stealthed Rogues, the Alliance, the Horde, and ... well... basically the entire game should be removed, and nothing new should be added.

Voted bad and I highly doubt blizz would center a expansion completely in underwater zone's , to many players had issue's with vashjir.

Great. I pray for a Vashj'ir v.2.0 but this time as endgame zone.

- - - Updated - - -

So you're implying here that the majority of people who hate underwater zones (Disagree with you) are keyboard turners, which is generally a bad thing. So you're effectively framing it in a way where anyone with an opposing opinion is bad at this game. Nice try, but no, Vashj'ir is horrible zone, it doesn't look bad, but it doesn't feel good. I'm pretty sure an underwater expansion would end in me unsubbing, they're not fun, and an Azshara expansion doesn't sound thematically gripping anyhow.

-Sincerely,
    Someone who doesn't Keyboard turn.

- - - Updated - - -

what load of bs to be honest. no one cares if you are unsubbing.

And ozumat alone makes an underwater expansion super gripping more than anything happened here before. If something wasn't gripping it was pandaland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't cast ground-target abilities in the middle of the water. Fix that problem and underwater zones will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    To be fair, we could probably do a poll for every zone in the game and come up with 50/50 love hate.
    Probably closer to 20% of the zones would be 50/50 love hate. The rest would be, meh, ok, or good. For example, Ashenvale, I don't love it or hate it. It looks nice and is laid out well so, I'll say it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    Not that MMOC is statistically-reliable in any sense whatsoever, but I'd say that having 50% of your playerbase excited for a feature is doing extremely well in an MMO.

By your justification, PvP, RBGs, Arena, duels, group content, solo content, progression grinds, gear drops, LFR, Scenarios, Heroic raiding, questing, dailies, VP gear, Honor points, tier for casuals, Pandas, Death Knights, stealthed Rogues, the Alliance, the Horde, and ... well... basically the entire game should be removed, and nothing new should be added.
    And if this isn't the most obtuse post today IDK what is.
    Last edited by Manataurus; 2013-08-23 at 03:38 AM.

The one problem I had with Vash'jr was that it was too big. If we had a somewhat smaller underwater zone, I'd be all for it.

It was unique and interesting the first time it was done. But I never really enjoy going back to it and didn't spend any more time there than necessary. I wasn't a big fan of it, but maybe someone else was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Underwater combat as melee is a horrible experience. No rational person could enjoy playing melee in a zone like Vash'jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOutlaw View Post
    Underwater combat as melee is a horrible experience. No rational person could enjoy playing melee in a zone like Vash'jr.
    I enjoyed it, I must be a non-rational person! But seriously, the majority of that zone wasn't hard -- and it was quite easy to understand where you were being hit from. A lot of the NPC's were also conveniently located near the sea floor.

Vashjir was great, but underwater zones are only fun in moderation. They get old pretty fast and we just had a bunch of them in Cata, maybe in a few more xpacks but now... too soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be excited about an Old God-centric underwater zone. I'm indifferent about Naga.

I don't understand what all the hate for underwater zones is coming from. With the buffs you get in Vashj'ir, it's almost exactly like a regular zone that requires lots of flying, like Storm Peaks or something. You just think of it differently.

That being said, maybe, if they do make a new zone like that, they could give you a buff like "metal shoes" that keeps you grounded to the floor and requires you to mount to swim, giving it the cool aesthetic without the annoyance of feeling slowed by the water. Idk.. :x