Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    We somehow managed to do the "kill Ra-den with no death" FoS two weeks ago (10man, our second kill, 2 players in the raid never tried the boss before, and we had 3 melee in the group ...), we didn't actually found it difficult, but we were not expecting it at all (and managed to wipe ~10 times last week with an arguably "stronger" roster...).

otherwise headed south with 333ilevel (as a healer...), and heroic Ragnaros were amongst those I really found "difficult" (even if we killed H:Ragnaros extremely late in the 4.2 patch). Title I'm most proud of and keep using is "Salty".

General.

I said never again - but I'm doing RBG's on my priest next patch.

Was the hardest for me. Didn't take months or anything, but it was the biggest mental grind in the game. Every minute for 13 hours felt like 10 other people were just 1 quest or 5 mob kills behind you, so that if you got up to go to the bathroom you would fall behind. There was actually one point where the dog needed to go out, and asked my fiancee to take him. She was nice enough to roll her eyes and do it, but if she hadn't, I probably wouldn't have gotten the achieve.

15+ Year Old Account
    For me The Immortal. Every week someone would die on one of the last bosses...

Honestly it's really hard to quantify, I'm not entirely convinced something taking a large amount of time qualifies it as difficult. At the same time though, I'm not entirely sure something taking a lot of effort over a very short period of time is difficult either. There's also the problem of other players factoring into a lot of achievements, and their own success or failure can significantly impact whether or not you actually get an achievement.

I'm going to have to say The Seat of Knowledge. If only because I had to do 200+ hours of Archaeology to get it.

for years, salty.

i didn't particularly like cloud nine.

Deleted
    i dont think any were hard but to list a few most time consuming ones, insane, molten core rep achi, salty (mostly cos of the seasonal fishes),10k dailies
    Last edited by mmoc122c1567f0; 2013-08-30 at 01:11 PM.

What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been. Being on at the right times and getting stuff done (especially those PvP ones) was pretty brutal.

10+ Year Old Account
    -Glory of the Hero
    Damn you, Moorabi! Damn you!!

-Insane in the Membrane
    Ravenholdt reputation was painful.

-Herald of the Titans
    Weeks of leveling up an alt, months to gear him up, often being laughed at by others for my efforts. In the end i spent various thousands of gold to get into a sure kill run. Was worth it.

Immortal was definitely the most celebrated one when my guild got it. The nerdscreams in vent....were awesome. But the HARDEST? Insane in the Membrane originally, no doubt about it. Doing that thing figuratively crushed my soul...

10+ Year Old Account
    in terms of hardest to accomplish due to logistics: definately undying/immortal, i lost out on the ulduar equivalents due to somebody always failing on yogg and killing somebody, and by the time i could get a group to do it, blizz had removed them to FoS status.

in terms of hardest to accomplish due to time needed: i would have to say it is a toss up between "loot 100k gold" and finishing "what a long strange trip it has been"

most of them are just tedious time sinks, and can be done very easily with just a large time commitment.

Ravenholdt reputation was painful.
    Child's play compared to Shen'dralar.

i lost out on the ulduar equivalents due to somebody always failing on yogg and killing somebody
    Even in ICC gear? O.o
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

Deleted
    Sinestra tbh, and that was during Dragon Soul, got a group through Open-Raid and I just couldn't help but think "how was this possible when it was current content?", although we - after 50 wipes - got the hang of the ball things tactic. Omg that was more annoying than Defile ^_^

Deleted
    For me it was 'What a long, strange trip it's been' as I usually quit WoW for a while at some point every year. I think I first started doing the holiday achievement around 2009 and have just got the meta after Midsummer this year...

Getting my Crusader title made me hate dailies. I did not miss a single round of dailies to get through the factions, but I haven't really done them since. Not even when they changed the Winterspring Frostsaber to dailies. :/

EoTS perfection.

It's completely luck based and has little to do with your own performance. It requires your whole team to be awake and aggressive and the other team needs to be retards down to the last man.

Deleted
    I did Insane before the Darkmoon nerf, 100k+ herbs in Winterspring. It wasn't hard, in fact, it was fun! I got to watch tv and fulfill my WoW addiction at the same time.

I did Legendary Pet Brawler (yes, PvP one, not PvE). Hard? Definitely not. Time Consuming? Not especially. People were bad as heck when I did it, didn't take more than a week.

I did Headed South in 4.0.3, in fact, it was my last achievement of the meta. It was somewhat hard, since our team didn't raid, so we did it in full blue gear and a few valor pieces, but definitely doable.

Hard.. Have I done anything hard in this game....

Server #2 Glory of the Hero achievement was probably the very hardest I've done in WoW. (Defias Brotherhood, we had 1 guild sub 100 and 3 guilds sub 1000 in WotLK, so I competed with a lot of good people) It took us at least 100 wipes in Oculus when being 5 ambers. 1 single hickup and it was a guaranteed wipe. It required us to have such a perfect rotation that even when we did down it, we only had one person left (BARELY) alive even though it was a completely perfect kill. A week after or so, they nerfed it quite a bit, then it got nerfed A LOT in 3.1 again, so not that many got to experience Oculus achievement runs pre-nerf, and especially not 5 ambers only.

Other than that, I have to say that 4manning CMs (carried a person doing 30k dps on bosses and 40k on 5+ trash mobs and died on 95% of all attempts) to get 9/9 gold was pretty hard aswell, considering I had no previous experience.

Oh and Sarth 10man +2D in 3.3 solo with a Blood DK. That was hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    in terms of hardest to accomplish due to logistics: definately undying/immortal, i lost out on the ulduar equivalents due to somebody always failing on yogg and killing somebody, and by the time i could get a group to do it, blizz had removed them to FoS status.

in terms of hardest to accomplish due to time needed: i would have to say it is a toss up between "loot 100k gold" and finishing "what a long strange trip it has been"

most of them are just tedious time sinks, and can be done very easily with just a large time commitment.
    Due to logistics? Maybe, but not individual logistics. It's not an individual super feat to say "I didn't die on any boss in Naxx". I even pugged Undying up till the point where a guy disconnected on KT.

Out of the ones that I have, Battlemaster probably. It took 5 months to get and the vast majority of them were done by myself in the random BG queue. So many hundreds of people yelling at me for the stuff I pulled to get them, and all the times I tried coordinate with others felt like herding sheep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adsertif View Post
    Child's play compared to Shen'dralar.

Even in ICC gear? O.o

i got undying back in when naxx was current, got immortal on my old account also back when naxx was current, and as for doing conquerer/champion of ulduar, we always did it no lights/1light, and always somebody either lost all sanity and got midcontrolled which counts as a death, or they failed at the pull and spawning too many faceless minions and overwhelming the tanks.

Deleted
    I found 9999 bones to truly be a lot more of a pain than insane or Hero of Shattrath due to the fact that it's little more than just one-shotting mobs over and over.

Most annoying, solo-wise, must've been Disruptron (horde, red floor, red lasers) post-levitate fix.
    I'm only missing Show Me Your Moves! for Glory of the Pandaria Raider and fucking hell, is it a brickwall to pug.