Poll: Do you find this idea and this questline intresting?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Aberration: the duration of all curses and diseases used against worgen is slightly reduced.
    This racial was later rebalanced to take less nature and shadow damage.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/race/worgen
    In addition there is text that supports the resistance worgen have to disease.
    http://wowpedia.org/Forsaken_Forward_Command
    This is a war, right? We're supposed to be able to kill our enemies with our weapons, right?
    This blight is useless.
    What did they test this crap on? Murlocs?
    Watered down garbage. Doesn't even slow 'em down.
    Blight is not disease. Also, thanks to our popular warchief/end boss, blight was watered down. You forgot to notice that one.

"What did they test this crap on? Murlocs?"

Yes they actualy did.

I know you have those delusions that worgen are somehow immune to biological weapons, but that doesnt make it right.

You have no doubt heard about the incident that transpired at the Wrath Gate in Northrend, yes? Due to those unfortunate events we are strictly forbidden from using the strain of life-shattering blight that we finally perfected. Now we have rules and regulations and other nonsense!

They've given us some neutered version of the perfected blight and expect us to weaponize it.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2013-08-23 at 02:50 PM.

Deleted
    I haven't read the whole thing. I probably won't like your development plans for the zone but as a whole, I do believe Gilneas should be populated.

I quite like the emptiness of it for RP purposes. But the place is too damn atmospheric and uniquely beautiful to go to waste. They just need to sort out whether the Forsaken are still attacking, pulling out or what.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Blight is not disease. Also, thanks to our popular warchief/end boss, blight was watered down. You forgot to notice that one.

Yes they actualy did.
    Sludge Fields

That's actually one of the places that they test their stuff.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Interesting.....however, what if we simply improved and added to the existing story and try to avoid yet more timeline issues?

Lets say we start with the Scourge seige at the wall as the first possibility for a Worgen intro.

We have to close the gates to stop the Scourge getting into the nation. We succeed and the few refugees who made it are quaratined so the Scourge never takes hold. As part of this operation, we also assist Archmage Arugal in summoning the Worgen and having them fight the Scourge.

These events lead into a second entry point.
    First - one of the Worgen summoned was Alpha Prime. He wasn't controlled by Arugal, turned on him, recuited him and this eventually led to Arugal forming the Wolfcult and moving north.

Second - Darius Crowly wasn't too pleased. The wall had cut him off from his lands, and closing gates left much of his people vulnerable to the Scourge, Forsaken or Worgen. He starts the Northgate rebellion. This is eventually defeated but the Worgen threat continues to grow

The third entry point is the one we currently use - The Wolfcult has grown to the point where it openly attacks the humans of Gilneas, deliberately trying to weaken the resistance against a planned Forsaken invasion. It partially succeeds and the realm is thrown into chaos as the Worgen curse spreads. Sometime later, the Forsaken launch their invasion, now ordered by Garrosh.

It is a disaster. The invasion fleet is destroyed by the Cataclysm, and though they can bypass the now broken Wall, the Worgen curse is far more widespread than they'd thought and they are pushed back. Only the use of the Blight prompts Greymane to pull back and accept the offer of aid from the Night Elves.

Hers where things can start to diverge:

While Greymane goes to Darnassus to seek aid from the Alliance, the Gilnean army moves south. Crowley moves north into Silverpine to take the war to the Forsaken - basically, the Forsaken questlines fromthe Alliance point of view. Along the way it is revealed Liam Greymane is now Forsaken

Eventually, Crowley pulls back to save his daughter, but does so without making any real commitment. Sylvanas' actions has forced him to realise the truth. So long as the humans are vulnerable to the Blight, the Gilnean efforts will always be compomised. That is something to be addressed before the Gilneans can once again take the war to the Forsaken.

There...that's all that needs to be done. Let the Alliance see the story in full, and give Crowley a reason to hold off.

The story can then continue later. Most/all of the remaing humans have been shipped away, the cure has been refined so they are having greater success saving the Feral tribes, Greymane has secured re-entry into the Alliance and has returned. Shaman have started to raise Duskhaven and Gilneans Dreadnoughts, albeit few in number, keep guard at sea to discourage Forsaken adventurism.

At this point, the Worgen story, the ull reclamation of their nation can begin.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Sludge Fields

That's actually one of the places that they test their stuff.
    Blight used in Silverpine and Gilneas was tested on murlocs, I tested it myself. It has nothing to do with ressurecting shenanigans of Stillwater.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    You just cant have 2 major cities next to each other

The forsaken will never allow a huge alliance base and port near its territory of silverpine forests.

It will get attacked and the alliance will have to keep supplying it with reinforcements

The only way you will get gilneas back is if you utterly obliterate the forsaken from the face of azeroth
    Except Teramore and Orgrimmar/Thunder Bluff co-existed for years before Garrosh went batshit insane on it....

OT: I think it could work, but I'm not totally sold on all of your ideas. You seem to take away some of the bad guys (we work with necromancers? Hard to believe).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post

OT: I think it could work, but I'm not totally sold on all of your ideas. You seem to take away some of the bad guys (we work with necromancers? Hard to believe).
    at first it was supposed to be an evil group of necromancers and the final quest for the San'layn monster slayer in which you'll join him as he finds the root of the undead monster in the sewer and his search leads him to the graveyard. where he finds a group of malicous necromancers who work alone for themselves.

but I decided to make it a little fun, because I myself am a huge Necromancer fan...and I believe that there CAN be a group of young individuals in WoW universe who may think "hey! guess what? why not fight the forsaken with their own weapons?" only to see their idea backfire and make more trouble. They are not experienced necromancers and that's why they don't understand fully the evil that they are unleashing, think of them as young kids who are playing with a loaded gun.

I may revert it back to the origional idea however. but the general idea is that you go in there and kill some undead that are raised by a group of necromancers. those guys are not actually important so I may as well just rewrite them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    That is also a fresh new idea by itself. but I don't like the idea of fast forwarding through time and jump from year to year, doesn't mean that your idea is bad though just not the direction that I would approach.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2013-08-23 at 03:43 PM.

Deleted
    oookaaay,here is a long response for your long post.

-This suggestion is a concept idea for Gilneas becoming a full Worgen starting Zone (and not just a phased level 1-10 that ends up with an unknown fate) and how it can hold the next Alliance major city without causing problem with the leveling progress. Also inside you will find what ideas I’ve implemented to keep this zone crowded and busy. Why can't the current leveling zone stay? Gilneas and Silverpine are the best zones of cataclysm. Don't do away with them. From here on I will assume that Darnassus has a portal to where your storyline would start and the level range is 15 levels higher. Oh and theSilverpine version of Gilneas will be phased/instanced.

-Seeing as how certainly a lot of work was done to bring us the amazing zone of Gilneas, and the unique architecture of the buildings, the great scenery and the epic story that made Gilneas fans hungry for more. I feel like it is an insult not only to the fans but to the artists who spent countless hours on Gilneas itself, and the coders and level designers who worked hard on bringing us this zone just to see it becoming an empty zone devoid of life.

-after reading a lot of posts made by Horde players I’ve also realized that Undercity, a very popular city by Horde players, is left empty after Cataclysm introduced the portals to cata-zones. And the lack of important NPCs also serves to discourage people from going to Undercity. So in order for my suggestion to be beneficial to both the horde and alliance fans I’ve decided to write a scenario in which the starting zones of Worgen and Forsaken become the main focus of the game. Blizzard, hire this guy. This suggestion is about the Worgen side of the scenario.

-during this scenario the Worgen will retake Gilneas and the Alliance will initiate an invasion to retake Lordaeron, this event is known as “the Lordaeron crusade”. Nah. I wouldn't antagonize Sylvanas with a Lordaeron invasion. Never helps. She made a deal with Crowley. If the pact is broken Slyvanas will simply flood the whole Eastern Kingdoms with the Plague. Gilneas and Undercity will both get portals to expansion continenets and will have all the services SW and Org provide as main cities. This way we will see more players spending time in these two capitals. And what will prevent Orgrimmar and Stormwind to be totally neglected? You would just exchange one problem for another.

-also, one main goal of this suggestion is to suggest an alternate leveling zone for Worgen, in which they’ll take back their land from the Forsaken and will have a place in the game instead of having a tree in Darnassus. Good. I hate nelfs

-If anyone is interested in writing a horde version to the story that focuses on Undercity and Silverpine I’ll be happy to co-operate with you. Already done perfectly by Blizzard

Overall layout :

Based on the problems the current zone of Gilneas can cause if it becomes playable I’ve decided to split the zone in two sections and turn Gilneas into two separate zones so that Alliance players will reach level 20 while inside Gilneas, and will go to either hillsbrad or silverpine forest for their 20-30 leveling. I don't quite undertand. Why?

Northern Headlands, Northgate woods, The Headlands along with the battle for Gilneas battleground (Warsong Gulch no longer has a place on the map. You don't have to accomodate battlegrounds) will become “The Gilneas Headlands” and will turn into a 12-20 leveling zone. Also, “The Headlands” will be bigger than what it currently is, in order to better represent how Gilneas was portrayed in pre-cataclysm maps. What's so difficult in understanding that Gilneas is smaller since the cataclysm sank half of the bloody kingdom? The Gilneas itself will be named “Gilneas Mainland” and will be the 1-12 leveling zone.

I'll try to create a map of this new zone soon.

Quests and Areas:

Gilneas Mainland :
    the first zone, I introduce the areas in the order of quest progression. You, unlike the previous Worgen character, are not among the refugees that left Gilneas for Darnassus and instead will be part of the militia that remained in your homeland. The story picks up right where Horde’s story in Cataclysm left off, Gilneas Liberation Front retreats back from Silverpine and is disbanded to make way for a more organized force led by Tess Greymane who has recently came back from Darnassus bringing fresh Alliance troops with herself. Tess Greymane content. Cool!

New Haven : (1-5)
    Following Deathwing’s defeat, the shores of Gilneas have calmed and the waters have recceeded. New Haven is now being partially rebuilt, though half of it is still underwater. The rebuilt town is now facing two new threats which are actually linked to one another in a way. I think it was the land that went down actually. Not something that can be reversed.

1) The sea hags, horrid ghosts of those who have drowned at the sea, are now haunting the lately unsubmerged southern coast of New Haven, they appear to randomly attack New Haven at night time.

2) The Naga have started their operations along the coasts of Gilneas, With their purpose yet unknown the Gilneas military has taken it on itself to rid their land from this new menace. A nod to Brann Bronzebeard theory about Gilneas and ties in with The Dark Below. I like it.

It appears that the sea hags are actually raised as a side effect of Naga experiments in the region, if this case is proved to be true then Gilneans will have more reasons to drive the Naga out.

Greymane Manor :

After she was kidnapped and then used as leverage against her father, Lorna Crowley has taken the abandoned Greymane Manor as her new shelter. What's wrong with her house? Guarded by Crowleys’ most trusted guards, she spends most of her time studying the Forsaken in her Manor trying to develop new methods to be used against them. How?

• Greymane Manor will not have quests for level 1-10 .

• It will now have a secret passage to the Headlands. Players will assist Lorna Crowley in developing new weapons against the undead while questing in The Headlands.

Koroth’s Den : (5-6)

South of Gilneas, on the hills overlooking Stormglen Village, the Ogres have blocked the road to the town demanding money from travelers. It appears that Koroth Hillbreaker is getting more and more greedy and has now forced his own henchmen to pay him tribute which has led the poor Ogres into beggary. Upon arrival, players will have to assist the Ogres and rid them of this menace once and for all.

Stormglen Village : (6-9)

With Gilneas becoming a respected member of the Alliance and King Wryn’s promise to aid the Gilneans in their battle, Stormglen Village is now turned into a major port to receive Alliance supplies from Menethil Harbor.

• A Docks is now added to the Stormglen, three ships will set sail from Stormglen Village, one goes to Stormwind, the second goes to Darnassus and the third goes to Menethil Harbor. So 2 out of 3 ships going from EK go into other EK ports?

• The Dwarves of Khaz Modan have set up their camp near Stormglen Village, Dwarven transport ships can be seen anchored near Stormglen Village.

• Stormglen Village will have a portal to Darkmoon Faire Island.

• Stormglen Village will have all the trainers.

• Theres also an AH vendor at the Docks, the reason is that with a great deal of alliance resources poured into Gilneas Stormglen’s economy is booming. So it would make sense if some of the merchants have preferred to sell their stuff at Stormglen instead of getting them all the way to Gilneas City, which is now under martial law.

• A group of Naga has taken residence on the shores around Stormglen, players will be tasked to kill them and make the way safe for ships that travel to Stormglen.

Stormglen Village is designed to become an equal to Goldshire. Players will have enough reasons to stay there and will have an easy way to travel to other cities using ships if need be. It will be a busy port town full of NPCs.

And all of this is pointless since Gilneas will be an Alliance Capital anyway. Some random village doesn't need Auction houses
    Blackwald : (6-9)

The Worgen have now abandoned their hideout at Blackwald, it is now mostly occupied by ghosts and a new NPC, a San’layn monster slayer who resides in Wood’s End Cabin surrounded by corpses of Dark Rangers, which indicates their fate.

• The San’layn will give you quests to hunt down dangerous monsters, you will meet him again in your future quests and will aid him in hunting down dangerous monsters hidden in the dark corners of the world.

• The San’layn is the last surviving member of his race, players will have an option to ask him how he survived the Argent onslaught. He will state that he was out of the citadel when it was besieged. Feeling the lich king’s grasp fading from his mind, he has taken it on himself to hunt down the horrors of the world and save people from danger.

• He has black leather clothes and long white hair similar to Gerald of Rivia from the Witcher series. Also he is, much like the rest of the San’layn, a Vampire.
    (I have not yet chosen a name for the San’layn)

You really want to be innovative with this San'layn, right?

Tempests’ Reach : (9-12)

Ruled by Godfrey’s bastard son, Tempest’s Reach is an isolated town that refuses to accept Alliance rule. They also see Worgen as a threat and have begun to systematically hunt them down and execute them. Players will have to kill Godfrey’s bastard son and free the captured Worgen. Upon his death the town will surrender to Alliance and becomes friendly.

Emberstone Mine : (9-12)

Is now a fully operational mine under the control of Khaz Modan Dwarves. Gnome workers are working day and night extracting the minerals from the mine. Although it is said that deep within the mine the forsaken have left a dangerous monster lurking around before surrendering the mine to the Alliance.
    Once you’re at the Emberstone village you’ll find out that the mine has just been shut down after a couple of Gnomes went missing last day. You will then be approached by the San’layn monster slayer who enlists your aid in finding the monster deep within the mine. YOU CANNOT PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

Aderic’s Repose : (9-12)
    A young band of inexperienced necromancers have taken residence in the graveyard, trying to raise the dead to fight the Forsaken without approval from Gilneas command. The ritual backfired to nobody’s surprise and now the undead roam free in the Graveyard. Players will aid the surviving necromancers in cleaning their mess and return the dead to their graves.

Gilneas City : (9-12)

Here comes the most interesting part of this suggestion. Gilneas City is the command center of the Alliance Forces, the new major city for Alliance players So the questline for retaking it is phased. And totally anachronistic. Is it like the base of operation for the push to retake this very same city? which houses four major lore characters.

1) Princess Tess Greymane is the commander-in-chief of Gilneas forces in the absence of her father. Her troops form up the majority of the Alliance forces in the region and consist of both Worgen and Human.

2) After the Sunreavers were exiled from Dalaran, Alleria Windrunner has taken it on herself to deal with the atrocities of the Forsaken and aid the Alliance forces however she can. She commands the silver covenant forces that are stationed at the Highlands, their air force and arcane strength serve to counter Forsaken air forces and the plague.

3) Lynore Wyndstryke commands the 7th Legion forces. Her forces include Dwarven siege machinery and the gunship Liam’s Vengeance which is built in honor of Gilneas’ deceased heir. The Gunship operates in the Highlands.

4) Calia Menethil, the last member of the Menethil bloodline, is inside Gilneas City, protected by her royal bodyguards in a secret place due to Tess Greymane’s request. She is involved with the quests regarding the Alliance invasion of Alterac and Silverpine. You just want to include her but can't really work her into the plot, right?

*A series of unresolved murders is terrorizing the city and you will join the guards, and search for clues that lead to the perpetrator of these heinous crimes.
    So after we had the witcher, lord of the rings and several questlines from the existing gilneas, we have the curse of the worgen comics. Speaking of which. Wonder what detective Ramsay is cookin' these days.
    *The San’layn monster slayer will again contact you while he is in disguise, telling you that he seeks a dangerous undead creature that dwells within the city sewers and emerges at night to devour people. You will aid him in tracking the creature down and slaying him. And than he goes back to Jethro to collect his things

Due to the war with the Forsaken and the presence of the majority of Alliance forces in the city, Gilneas is now under martial law. Thieves and bandits are executed en-masse without trials and every little crime is dealt with extreme force. Why? Any reason they are douches? I smell a raid to kill Princess Greymane. Shame. She's hot.

Gilneas itself is now fortified and sand bags are at every corner of the city, Gilneas forces have set up checkpoints to search people by random and bystanders are warned to move along. Despite all this Gilneans support the forces whole-heartedly. And every week ships arrive from Darnassus carrying more Gilneans who have returned from Darnassus to fight the forsaken.
    Gilneas will have portal to BC/Cata/MoP/new expansion continent and will have a portal to Dalaran in order to encourage players to stay in the city. it also has every service that SW has including PVP and raid vendors.

Gilneas city bosses are Tess Greymane, Lynore Windstryke and Alleria Windrunner who are located in the now fortified Cathedrial. Together the three are as strong as a city boss and Horde players who wish to take them down need to have CC strategies including off-tanks.

The Gilneas Headlands (12-20)

The Headlands is a mountainous new zone located north of Gilneas and south of Silverpine, it is formed by merging Northern Headlands, Northgate woods, The Headlands along with the battle for Gilneas battleground together and will be bigger than what it currently is in game.

The zone is evenly controlled by the Alliance and the Horde, but by the end of the quest-chain Alliance will take full control of the zone and prepares to launch a massive invasion into Lordaeron. The battle for Gilneas battleground is a final area of questing added to north of Headlands along the wall in which the player will assist NPC squadmates in taking control of the nodes, in the end the battle is officially won by the Alliance and player will be sent to another zone.

Areas :

Keel Harbour : (12-14) Serves as your first town, it sits just between the two zones. And will give you quests that deal with the newly surfaced threat at The Headlands.

• A group of Forsaken have set up camp at the northwestern edge of the area, they are gathering the fallen Horde corpses from the previous battle which took place there and resurrect them to wreak havoc in the area to distract the Alliance forces and prevent them from capturing the entire zone.

• Lorna Crowley has requested your presence by name, you will travel to the Greymane Manor via a secret passage from the Headlands and meet her in secret. You will then escort her around the headlands as she captures forsaken troops and tests her experiments on them in order to find the perfect weapon to fight the forsaken with. -Do you have any idea what this means Lorna? What difference is there between you and the Banshee Queen now? - Isn't it obvious High King? I serve the Alliance? -Watch your clever mouth, biatch!
    Once your quests are completed you will be given a sample of Lorna’s substance that supposedly burns the flesh off the undead once they touch even a little of it. Lorna then tells you go to an Outpost near the borders of Northgate woods and give the sample to her father.

Crowley’s Retreat : (14-16)
    Darius Crowley is locked in a fight with the Forsaken Rangers that use the forest to ambush the Gilnean troops and harass Alliance supply caravans along the road. After you give Lorna’s weapon to Crowley he senselessly tests it on the forsaken prisoner to observe it’s effects. The victim is burned alive with just a few drops of the substance, and Crowley mobilizes it’s troops to go into the forst and you will help him rid the forest of Forsaken Rangers for good. (There will be a lot of fist cleaving.)

Northern Headlands : (16-17)

While you’re busy helping Crowley clear the forest the Alliance camp is attacked by a massive Horde force supported by frost wyrms and a forsaken version of the horde gunship. Crowley will immediately send you to the Silver Covenant camp on the southern border of the Headlands while his runners make a run to Gilneas to request reinforcements.

* A Gnome Pilot has set up an airfield with a prototype of her fighter jet, much to her dismay the elves refuse to let her fly with them and test the jet’s combat capability

While you are there you will be tasked to do bombing runs on the northern part of the Headlands where the forsaken are stationed. But during the second bombing quest your Hippogryph is shot down and you and the Hipogryph rider will fall behind enemy lines, you will then have to escort the rider to the western shores while being relentlessly attacked by forsaken search teams.

Galewatch Lighthouse : (17-18)

Upon spotting a large horde fleet approaching the Bite the hipogryph rider that accompanied you will tell you that Galewatch Lighthouse Is the key for forsaken forces to pass through the bite as it is too dangerous for ships to operate without guide. You and your companion will then take it on yourselves to recapture the Lighthouse and use it to misguide and sink the incoming forsaken ships.

After sinking the last ship you will be rescued by the Gnome Pilot, who was searching for you for hours after your Hippogryph was reported to have fallen. Flying back to the base you’ll find it under attack by the frost wyrms and an army of Forsaken invaders.

Man the fighter! (18-18)

Upon seeing the silver covenant forces under brutal attack the Gnome Pilot tells you to sit on the gunner seat and help her save the camp.

Once seated on the gunner position the vehicle interface will open up and you will be provided with new abilities.
    First you will need to bomb the incoming siege vehicles from above and save the camp from being overrun by Horde forces.
    After the bombing run you will switch to fighter mode and while the pilot will chase the Wyvms you will be given the option to :

1) fire at them using your machine guns, once a certain amount of damage is done the wyrm will fall and the pilot will chase another wyrm. A total of 5 wyrms must be killed.

2) defend the airplane from attacks, for instance you must fool the wyverns that try to shoot frost breath at you by shooting out flares before they cast their frost breath.

3) You must also use evasive maneuvers when Forsaken bat riders try to board your airplane.

After the frost wyrms are dealt with you airplane will be shot down by the forsaken gunship. A cinematic will be shown from your perspective where you wake up badly injured and see the gunship hovering above you, as Forsaken bat riders circle above you and approach closer to finish you off they will be hit and killed by Silver Covenant Hippogryphs, as the gunship readies it’s cannon to defend itself from an unknown threat it will be blasted to pieces, turning your head and looking at the other side of the battlefield you’ll see the Gunship Liam’s Vengeance making a timely intervention and shooting down the horde gunship. The scene will then blur out.

You wake up at Liam’s Vengeance infirmary, on top of Gilneas Headlands. Lynore Windstryke will personally thank you and promotes the Gnome Pilot to lead a squad of her airforces. You will then be reunited by Darius Crowley who tells you that the Alliance is massing a force to retake the northern part of Headlands (the battle of Gilneas area.) and drive the forsaken for good.

The Battle for Gilneas : (19-20)

The zone will not be instanced, and it is instead located on the northern part of Gilneas headlands.

You arrive there via a hippogryph from Liam’s Vengeance. It can also be accessed on foot as it is connected to the Gilneas Headlands via a road.

Once there you will see a single Gnome rogue standing behind while the forces are desperately fighting for survival on the way to stables (main alliance node). The Gnome will shout stuff about how the Alliance sucks and they should fight at the flag not along the road but nobody seems to pay much attention.

Upon talking to the Gnome he will give you an alliance flag and tells you to kill a certain number of horde guards while standing near the horde flag at the Stables to increase the morale.

Once the morale is boosted and the Alliance takes the stables the Gnome then tells you to follow him to waterworks and help him –cap- it because apparently “these guys are too stupid to realize that.” You’ll aid the gnome in clearing the waterworks and after WW is taken you’ll be given the last mission.

Endgame (20-20)

The time to strike is now! You will be joined by the gnome captain and a female draenei healer who happens to pass by the waterworks as you march towards the mines. The Horde has managed to keep the alliance busy on the road between the stables and mines. So they’re taken by surprise by your arrival. Just as you capture the mines the forsaken ships prepare to fire at you but are destroyed by a timely bombardment by Silver Covenant riders who are being led by your gnome pilot friend. Washed ashore is the severely injured dark ranger in charge of the invasion. And you will be given the option of deciding her fate.

After a few dialogues you will say your farewells and leave the Gilneas highlands to quest in other zones.

With Gilneas taken and the Forsaken forces crushed the quest line will be finished.

Notes :

* A rare carriage slowly rides around Gilneas and travels from town to town. Sitting behind the carriage are three vendors, a hatter, a cloth vendor that sells nobleman clothes of various colors and a vendor that sells rapiers, shields and other weapons with Gilneas crest on them,These serve as transmog items.

* The Bite will be updated to cover a wider area along the northern coastline.

* Livery Outpost will sell Horses.

*The Queens Gate will now be open.

*Unsubmerged Duskmist Shore will have lingering ghosts that attack anyone on sight.

*Hayward Fishery is taken by the Naga.

*The Bradshaw Mill is now rebuilt and will house a few NPCs.

----------------------
    PS:

* I have not named the NPCs that I have included. As I’m not really good with names.

* I'll add more to this concept work soon.

* I'm working on adding images to this idea so it becomes less hectic.
    Well I would really love more stuff for Gilneas and the worgen but you didn't really convince me. Sorry.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why can't the current leveling zone stay? Gilneas and Silverpine are the best zones of cataclysm. Don't do away with them. From here on I will assume that Darnassus has a portal to where your storyline would start and the level range is 15 levels higher. Oh and the Silverpine version of Gilneas will be phased/instanced.
    Because this is an idea to turn Gilneas into a major city, and major cities are almost always in the starting zones. There are also threads about a phased Gilneas city for lvl +60 players, But I want it to include a major city too in a traditional way.

Blizzard, hire this guy
    Sarcasm, Moving on.

Nah. I wouldn't antagonize Sylvanas with a Lordaeron invasion. Never helps. She made a deal with Crowley. If the pact is broken Slyvanas will simply flood the whole Eastern Kingdoms with the Plague.

Sylvanas’ power is the main reason why Horde should find a way to contain her, and what better way there to let the Alliance weaken her to a point? Horde will not abandon Sylvanas but will let both sides weaken one another and then send forces to Sylvanas.

Sylvanas has no regards for the living, and the majority of the horde ARE the living . That’s why they fear her and her power.
    She made a deal with Crowley, but Crowley doesn’t represent Genn Greymane and the Gilneas as a whole. Besides the fragile truce between Darius and Sylvanas was never there to last. If you’ve read my post completely you would see that already there are forsaken troops on the other side of the wall and into the lands Darius and Sylvanas agreed to be Worgen zones.

And what will prevent Orgrimmar and Stormwind to be totally neglected? You would just exchange one problem for another.
    I doubt it, besides why should they be the center of attention anyway? IF and Undercity were nearly equals to Stormwind and Orgrimmar before WotLK and people were fine with it.

Good. I hate nelfs
    That wasn’t the point.

I don't quite undertand. Why?
    In my previous thread and by reading other similar threads in the past I’ve come to realize that Silverpine is too iconic to just “take away” from the Forsaken. And in the current state Gilneas is too close to Undercity. So I decided to include a new zone between the two zones to increase the distance between the two zones and make Silverpine a contested level 20-30 territory, with Fenris becoming the Forsaken fortress (they finally captured it) and Shadowfang becoming the Alliance fortress. OR just let the Alliance do quests in Hillsbrad and other zones and leave Silverpine alone.

(Warsong Gulch no longer has a place on the map. You don't have to accomodate battlegrounds)
    The location of the Battle for Gilneas map seems to point out that it is on the northern part of Gilneas judging by the position of the Gilneas wall on the map. I didn’t have to include it I just thought the BG deserves a conclusion that players can see in game.

What's so difficult in understanding that Gilneas is smaller since the cataclysm sank half of the bloody kingdom?
    That has nothing to do with how it is origionally portrayed in game, pre cataclysm Gilneas is shown to be stretched longer vertically from north to south. In Cataclysm it is portrayed as a “round zone” even if we take the places that got sunk due to Cataclysm we'll still have a nearly round zone. I’m just implying that there is room in world map for this idea to be implemented.

Tess Greymane content. Cool!

Yep.

I think it was the land that went down actually. Not something that can be reversed.
    Good point. I’ll get back to you on that once I did some research.

A nod to Brann Bronzebeard theory about Gilneas and ties in with The Dark Below. I like it.
    Yep.

What's wrong with her house?
    A manor surrounded and guarded by a lot of soldiers on the most remote place the Forsaken can reach makes a second kidnapping attempt harder plus the manor was where Krennan Aranas developed a cure for the Worgen when Gilneas fell (presumably) so it must probably have a complete library where Lorna can study and find something to fight undeath.

So 2 out of 3 ships going from EK go into other EK ports?

It’s there to make traveling to Gilneas from Major cities easier but not that easy like a portal.

And all of this is pointless since Gilneas will be an Alliance Capital anyway. Some random village doesn't need Auction houses
    Not really an important addition and can be removed. However I felt that the land-traveling distance between Stormgard and Gilneas is longer than the land distance between Goldshire and Stormwind, and that’s why I included an auction vendor there.

You really want to be innovative with this San'layn, right?
    No. I just want a monster slayer NPCs that goes into dark corners and hunts monsters. Like a Witcher as I’ve stated.

YOU CANNOT PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

No you’ll fight an elite flesh Golem.

So the questline for retaking it is phased. And totally anachronistic. Is it like the base of operation for the push to retake this very same city?
    Theres no questline for retaking the city as it is already taken when the game starts and is a major alliance city when you enter it.( The Worgen already liberated it from the Forsaken during the previous quest-chain.)

You just want to include her but can't really work her into the plot, right?

now that you mention it.

Varian Wryn did promise Greymane help, but if there is something that we’ve learned from Stormwind stories is that the nobles also have a lot of influence, and the council of three hammers won’t just send it’s troops into Lordaeron without a good excuse.

SI:7 had the solution all along.

It turns out that Calia Hastings, the SI:7 agent on Theramore was actually Calia Menethil in disguise. the SI:7 wanted to keep her hidden until the very last stages of the plan but the destruction of Theramore nearly put her life in danger, the incident made SI:7 realize that her life can be put accidentally in danger if she remains undercover and decided not to risk it again and revealed her true identity to the Alliance leaders.

With an eligible claim to the Lordaeron throne Calia Menethil serves as the Alliance’s excuse to gather support from the residents of Lordaeron and the Argent Crusade and most notably the leaders of Alliance themselves.

Her role is not for Gilneas battle, but for the battle of Hillsbrad and Silverpine. Those are the lands that actually belonged to house Menethil. Tess Greymane sees no reason in letting her be involved in Gilneas affairs.

So after we had the witcher, lord of the rings and several questlines from the existing gilneas, we have the curse of the worgen comics. Speaking of which. Wonder what detective Ramsay is cookin' these days.

already covered the lord of the rings one so...

Not really the Worgen comics. It’ll be more like –jack the ripper-.

Why? Any reason they are douches? I smell a raid to kill Princess Greymane. Shame. She's hot.

Because that’s what happens in war-time. The city guard is already thin as it is and they can’t spend resources putting bandits and thieves on trial. Plus with four major leaders making plans to invade an entire continent I don’t think it’s safe to just let anyone in, everything must be secure and under control. If you’re the guard captain you probably wouldn’t want to be responsible for letting assassins and spies in the city and ruin everything do you?

-Do you have any idea what this means Lorna? What difference is there between you and the Banshee Queen now? - Isn't it obvious High King? I serve the Alliance? -Watch your clever mouth, biatch!
    Maybe it is because Lorna blames herself for her father’s disgraced failure and doesn’t really care if a few undead “beasts” suffer so that she can make amends with her dad and most of all, with herself?

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    oookaaay,here is a long response for your long post.

Well I would really love more stuff for Gilneas and the worgen but you didn't really convince me. Sorry.
    Well you can't please everyone can you?
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2013-08-23 at 05:10 PM.

Deleted
    Perhaps the proximity to Undercity would result in a revival of World PvP. I would love that. I'd even go as far as to encourage that with quests!

Alliance needs to realize that Silverpine and Hillsbrad post-Cataclysm are Horde-exclusive because Horde was woefully behind the Alliance on leveling content before that. The Alliance has no stakes in those lands any more.

I could understand Gil'neas being used as Alliance leveling content up to level 20 or so and MAYBE a phased Silverpine Forest but that's it. For all lore-based purposes Gil'neas belongs to the Horde/Forsaken. The Alliance simply does not have a leg to stand on in that region any more....UNLESS Blizzard ends up being a little smart and uses the MoP Horde turmoil as the basis for the Alliance retaking Gil'neas, encroaching into northern Silverpine and retaking Southshore and eventually rebuilding Stromgrad.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-08-23 at 05:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    For all lore-based purposes Gil'neas belongs to the Horde/Forsaken. The Alliance simply does not have a leg to stand on in that region any more....UNLESS Blizzard ends up being a little smart and uses the MoP Horde turmoil as the basis for the Alliance retaking Gil'neas, encroaching into northern Silverpine and retaking Southshore and eventually rebuilding Stromgrad.
    That's actually the time-line this scenario is suggested to take place. after a new warchief is chosen and Horde is dealing with it's own internal problems. besides, I think the Forsaken are becoming too powerful already. Once the Alliance leaves Barrens and lore-wise central Kalimdor becomes Horde territory it would make sense if Alliance chooses a new place to take.

and there are no lore facts that support Gilneas belonging fully to "horde". the last part of the quest ends up with the Alliance falling back to Gilneas and Silverpine saved from Worgen menace.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2013-08-23 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Alliance needs to realize that Silverpine and Hillsbrad post-Cataclysm are Horde-exclusive because Horde was woefully behind the Alliance on leveling content before that. The Alliance has no stakes in those lands any more.

I could understand Gil'neas being used as Alliance leveling content up to level 20 or so and MAYBE a phased Silverpine Forest but that's it. For all lore-based purposes Gil'neas belongs to the Horde/Forsaken. The Alliance simply does not have a leg to stand on in that region any more....UNLESS Blizzard ends up being a little smart and uses the MoP Horde turmoil as the basis for the Alliance retaking Gil'neas, encroaching into northern Silverpine and retaking Southshore and eventually rebuilding Stromgrad.
    On the contrary, Gilneas is a zone whose phasing is the prime example of an area that both factions can be present it at the same time; yet kept apart. A level 1 Worgen and a Level ~15 Undead can both be present in Gilneas at once; each with their respective quests, yet never meeting one another due to the phasing.

On the same token, Alliance and Horde can still keep their low level quest experiences; whilst having the zone phased in such a way as to have it be the location of a retaken Gilneas/new Alliance capital that is viewable/accessible only to players of a certain level, if/when the time comes.

Deleted
    The drinking tonight was postponed so I'm gonna carry on the discussion untill The Kosak interview is up.

Because this is an idea to turn Gilneas into a major city, and major cities are almost always in the starting zones. There are also threads about a phased Gilneas city for lvl +60 players, But I want it to include a major city too in a traditional way.
    That still doesn't explain why this can't be a phased version of Gilneas AFTER you did the Worgen starting area where Gilneas City was located.

Sarcasm, Moving on.
    It wasn't. My favourite Alliance and Horde races respectively having the focus? Can't be any better. Like I said, Silverpine and Gilneas were the best zones of Cataclysm. I may not agree with this idea but there are many aspects that I genuinely like.

Sylvanas’ power is the main reason why Horde should find a way to contain her, and what better way there to let the Alliance weaken her to a point? Horde will not abandon Sylvanas but will let both sides weaken one another and then send forces to Sylvanas.
    If Sylvanas sees her position threatened she simply uses the plague. The very same thing happened to Gilneas already. It is costly both from Alliance and Horde viewpoint.

Sylvanas has no regards for the living, and the majority of the horde ARE the living . That’s why they fear her and her power.
    She made a deal with Crowley, but Crowley doesn’t represent Genn Greymane and the Gilneas as a whole. Besides the fragile truce between Darius and Sylvanas was never there to last. If you’ve read my post completely you would see that already there are forsaken troops on the other side of the wall and into the lands Darius and Sylvanas agreed to be Worgen zones. But in the actual story there is no indication that she cares for any land that isn't Lordaeron. Why would she break her oath? To fulfill her task given by the now dead Garrosh whom she hated?

That wasn’t the point.
    Does it make a difference?

In my previous thread and by reading other similar threads in the past I’ve come to realize that Silverpine is too iconic to just “take away” from the Forsaken. And in the current state Gilneas is too close to Undercity. So I decided to include a new zone between the two zones to increase the distance between the two zones and make Silverpine a contested level 20-30 territory, with Fenris becoming the Forsaken fortress (they finally captured it) and Shadowfang becoming the Alliance fortress.
    Welll now. This is actually a very good idea. I wouldn't be surprised if something like this were done in real wow. The peace treaty after SoO will likely include giving back Gilneas so there will be a line needed between alliance and Horde territories.

Good point. I’ll get back to you on that once I did some research.
    Double checked. It was the land

Yep.
    Was it conscious that you used the Naga for these two reasons? Be honest.

It’s there to make traveling to Gilneas from Major cities easier but not that easy like a portal.

I know I understand. But why have only one ship leave the continent? Why not have maybe two ships to Kalimdor? Or have on go to Northrend?

You just want to include her but can't really work her into the plot, right?

now that you mention it.

Varian Wryn did promise Greymane help, but if there is something that we’ve learned from Stormwind stories is that the nobles also have a lot of influence, and the council of three hammers won’t just send it’s troops into Lordaeron without a good excuse.

SI:7 had the solution all along.

It turns out that Calia Hastings, the SI:7 agent on Theramore was actually Calia Menethil in disguise. the SI:7 wanted to keep her hidden until the very last stages of the plan but the destruction of Theramore nearly put her life in danger, the incident made SI:7 realize that her life can be put accidentally in danger if she remains undercover and decided not to risk it again and revealed her true identity to the Alliance leaders.

With an eligible claim to the Lordaeron throne Calia Menethil serves as the Alliance’s excuse to gather support from the residents of Lordaeron and the Argent Crusade and most notably the leaders of Alliance themselves.

Her role is not for Gilneas battle, but for the battle of Hillsbrad and Silverpine. Those are the lands that actually belonged to house Menethil. Tess Greymane sees no reason in letting her be involved in Gilneas affairs.

Okay, but still. This implies that the living of Lordaeron need a Menethil to oppose Sylvanas. Or that the Forsaken would give up their claim because a relative of Arthas showed up. Are any of these indicated in game?

Why? Any reason they are douches? I smell a raid to kill Princess Greymane. Shame. She's hot.

Because that’s what happens in war-time. The city guard is already thin as it is and they can’t spend resources putting bandits and thieves on trial. Plus with four major leaders making plans to invade an entire continent I don’t think it’s safe to just let anyone in, everything must be secure and under control. If you’re the guard captain you probably wouldn’t want to be responsible for letting assassins and spies in the city and ruin everything do you?
    Well we did see Gilneas under Lockdown. It wasn't that horrible.

Maybe it is because Lorna blames herself for her father’s disgraced failure and doesn’t really care if a few undead “beasts” suffer so that she can make amends with her dad and most of all, with herself?
    I'm not saying she doesn't have reasons. I'm just drawing parallels.

I hope you understand that I'm not trying to tear your idea apart for the evulz. This is just my way of polishing it. Guess it goes hand in hand with having a degree in the humanities.

I saw Calia Menethil and voted No. I don't care what your other suggestions are, anything that includes that worthless plot point is bad.

I like the idea, having Gilneas nothing more than a ghost town is kind of pointless. Adding more to would be cool and your ideas are really good too. It'll do good for world pvp having two cities close together.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    That is also a fresh new idea by itself. but I don't like the idea of fast forwarding through time and jump from year to year, doesn't mean that your idea is bad though just not the direction that I would approach.
    Yes, which is why I described each as a potential separate entry point into the story. The only time jump that fits is the one where you spend time as a Worgen. Otherwise, if you wanted to do all three, you'd need a framing device such as Chroime sending you back in time for some reason. Or a narrator effect.

The real point was to point out all you really need do is populate Gilneas, say the army has moved south and then give the player a reason to undertake the Alliance side of the story in Silverpine...which is Northern Gilneas. Once Crowley has pulled back, the story can stop until Crowley, Genn and Bloodfang are prepared and the human population better protected. At that point, the Worgen story can move forward with the reclamation of their nation and the potential of taking the war to the Forsaken. And that can happen at L95, or L100 or whenever.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-08-23 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post

Yes they actualy did.

I know you have those delusions that worgen are somehow immune to biological weapons, but that doesnt make it right.
    I know you have those delusions that the forsaken plague is the perfect weapon but that doesn't make it right. Where do you get the idea that Garrosh ordered it watered down? He ordered it not used. And blight is a heavily modified version of the scourge plague. Where do you get this stuff?
    Last edited by delus; 2013-08-23 at 10:57 PM.

Deleted
    Original worgen starting zone is good untill the ending, its something like Mass Effect 3, where the ending makes no sense at all.

The Worgen deserve more (without maybe say Calia, just remove her)

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    I know you have those delusions that the forsaken plague is the perfect weapon but that doesn't make it right. Where do you get the idea that Garrosh ordered it watered down? He ordered it not used. And blight is a heavily modified version of the scourge plague. Where do you get this stuff?
    Please read the quote I posted.