The top soloing classes and specs (as far as I think)

Cloth - Warlock (They just seem like they have more soloing utility than Mages or Priests)
    Leather - Monk (Used to be Druid, but from what I can gather, Monks seem to be better at soloing right now)
    Mail - Hunter (Need I say more?)
    Plate - Death Knight (Raegwynn. That is all)

Think I got any of these wrong? Don't be afraid to speak up.

EDIT: I'm mainly referring to how well a class can solo raids such as ICC, Dragon Soul, ect.
    Last edited by Furyous; 2013-08-24 at 02:23 AM.

I personally like Druid soloing better than Monk, but part of that is I am just a bad monk.

Queueing as Paladin tanking/healing and Druid tanking/healing can get you up through the PVE content very, very, very quickly (about 150 hours of work). Recruit a friend and use the double XP armor (from Darkmoon fairie) to go three times as fast (50 hours). Monks are also good, but not as fast as pallys or druids.

I am a serious pvpers, and only do about one or two LFRs on my alts a day before spending the rest queuing for random battlegrounds and doing questing. Because my chars are pvp oriented, I blast through battlegrounds and get a huge amount of XP. A very, very convenient fact about pvping is that it is an extremely effective way of gearing up, even for pve. Personally, RBGs level me up faster than raids.

All other classes take about 200+ hours normally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Queueing as Paladin tanking/healing and Druid tanking/healing can get you up through the PVE content very, very, very quickly (about 150 hours of work). Recruit a friend and use the double XP armor (from Darkmoon fairie) to go three times as fast (50 hours). Monks are also good, but not as fast as pallys or druids.

I am a serious pvpers, and only do about one or two LFRs on my alts a day before spending the rest queuing for random battlegrounds and doing questing. Because my chars are pvp oriented, I blast through battlegrounds and get a huge amount of XP. A very, very convenient fact about pvping is that it is an extremely effective way of gearing up, even for pve. Personally, RBGs level me up faster than raids.

All other classes take about 200+ hours normally.
    In the context of the OP, unless he did a major edit.. this doesnt make any sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Prot pallies IMO are the best for soloing.... my lvl 60 prot pally is 4 of 9 in MC lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    In the context of the OP, unless he did a major edit.. this doesnt make any sense.
    I think Valyrian Stormclaw is talking about solo gearing up <.< Not soloing dungeons and raids.

You know I would make a case for enhance shaman as mail. At least before the 5.4 updates they have absolutely absurd burst and healing capabilities. I think it could probably come down to a case by case basis and realistically hunters could probably do more encounters than an enhancement shaman could there could be fights where the higher burst of an enhancement shaman is key for beating it. I'm thinking of fights where the hunters pet couldn't be kept up with just mend pet.