Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    Deleted

To be honset I'd be very pissed if Alliance got High Elves

Call it what you want I 'm just sharring my opinion as a horde player here. I truly would get pissed if Alliance were to get High Elves as a playable race at some point in the game. Despite it somehow fitting the lore I find it very very annoying for 2 factions to share a race model (pandaren do not count for obvious reasons).
    Also if I am not mistaken, according to the lore, the elves that actually remained high elves and still side with the Alliance are very very few are they not?
    Don't know guys it would just really grind my gears to see that happening....
    What's your opinion on the matter?
    (no flaming cause of opinions please)

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who said they'd share the same model? They can give them a different model, different pose, different emotes, different overall looks while still looking elven.

"Somehow fitting the lore"? Why somehow, as if it was a far fetched thing? They fit right in! They've been part of the Alliance since Warcraft 2.

Blood elves are also VERY few as 90% of their population was decimated by Arthas. By your reasoning we shouldn't have Blood Elves either.
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Also if I am not mistaken, according to the lore, the elves that actually remained high elves and still side with the Alliance are very very few are they not?
    Blood Elves are also very few. Gnomes are very few. Darkspear Trolls are very few. Almost every playable race except for Orcs and Humans can be described as 'very few'.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really want High Elves, I was a big fan of their lore Pre Reign of Chaos. I never saw myself emotionally attached to the Blood Elves, although their missions in Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne was awesome.

If Alliance ever do get High Elves then Horde should get Leper Gnomes, balance it out a bit on the shared model side of things.

Besides that I am still waiting for Furbolgs for the Alliance and Ogres for Horde, been waiting for them since TBC
    Last edited by Orby; 2013-08-23 at 04:29 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I really want High Elves, I was a big fan of their lore Pre Reign of Chaos. I never saw myself emotionally attached to the Blood Elves, although their missions in Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne was awesome.

If Alliance ever do get High Elves then Horde should get Leper Gnomes, balance it out a bit on the shared model side of things.
    Ew no :P
    I d much rather be set with some evil draenei or something XD

10+ Year Old Account
    High Elves for Alliance. Ogres for Horde. A return to the old Warcraft games!
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.

Deleted
    Population has little to do with the possibility of one race becoming playable, as stated above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Blood Elves are also very few. Gnomes are very few. Darkspear Trolls are very few. Almost every playable race except for Orcs and Humans can be described as 'very few'.
    you are splitting hairs to separate darkspear trolls from the bajillions of other trolls. but i get your point.

It probably won't ever happen anyway, but I suppose you'll be very pissed if it ever does, OP. The rest of us? Probably not so much.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    "Somehow fitting the lore"? Why somehow, as if it was a far fetched thing? They fit right in! They've been part of the Alliance since Warcraft 2.
    Correction, they were part of the Alliance only in Warcraft 2. The current Alliance High Elves don't represent the Kingdom of Quel'thalas.

Deleted
    As an alliance player i'd love something that looks similar to the hordes orc, I think they look cool, probably impossible lorewise though.

I wouldn't be too bothered about high elves to be honest though.

10+ Year Old Account
    manari-Eredar they are called.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing against draenei's please. ._.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    you are splitting hairs to separate darkspear trolls from the bajillions of other trolls. but i get your point.
    To be fair, ALL player trolls are Darkspear trolls. I imagine that's why he mentioned it. Blizzard, themselves, are the one that made this distinction.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Correction, they were part of the Alliance only in Warcraft 2. The current Alliance High Elves don't represent the Kingdom of Quel'thalas.
    Correction. High Elves are part of the Alliance still. Those few in the Hinterlands, those under the command of Alleria (the ones that went through the portal; some are in Outland still and you can interact with them) and the very few that roam alliance cities are ALLIANCE. And what does it matter if they don't represent Quel'thalas? They are High Elves, and they are Alliance, and that's all that's needed.

Field Marshal Rathnor The Flesher's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    High Elves/Blood Elves should have always been for the Alliance or for no one. Honestly, the WC3 Draenei ("Lost Ones") should've been on the Horde and completely unrelated to the Eredar. If they had written that the Orcs and Draenei had no bad blood between them, they could've easily had them look to the non-Illidari Horde for refuge after Akama realizes he got the short-end of the stick following a crazy demi-demon.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Well, that's because the Darkspear trolls are the only trolls that joined the Horde. The other trolls remain independent and belligerent against essentially all other races.

So you're basically getting angry over something that's not the case anyway. Interesting hobby.

Anyways, I think it's unlikely for them to become a playable race. The game doesn't really need a third playable variant of elves.

But yeah, even if they do get implemented, they wouldn't be using the blood elf model, why would they? And of course they'd be Alliance.

A new, more vicious looking Eredar model would be kinda cool for horde. Not that it fits into lore at all or anything, I'm just thinking a pure EVIL race would be an interesting change.

Hell, while we're at it Nazrethim for Horde! Titans for Alliance!

:P
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Nothing against draenei's please. ._.
    Got absolutely nothing against the Draenei, in fact they are my favorite alliance race!
    Can't wait to see their updated model in the future! (looking at you male draenei who I still love regardless, just a little missproportional)