Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    They should never have added Blood elves to the Horde faction to begin with. Leaving the Alliance is one thing, but having them join the Horde is a whole different ballpark, given their history.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleze View Post
    I saw someone mention this idea before about high elves, which I really quite liked.

Basically, the blue dragonflight recognises the strife and self-control of the Quel'dorei and their everyday struggle with their magical addictions and chooses them as their soldiers in the fight to protect Azeroth against the burning legion. They bless the High Elves with their magic and power, liberating them from their addiction and transforming them in a draconic looking humanoid race.

They would move Dalaran back to its original location, and that would become the starter zone for the Dragontouched. They would basically act as high elves, however, but in fact look slightly different and have a different outlook.

They would abhor the blood elves, as per usual.

Racial abilities could be something like
    Glide (2 min CD) - When falling, extend your wings to catch the air currents around you, allowing you to glide safely to the ground.
    Blessing of the Blue Dragonflight (2 min CD) - Something idk.

This would give Alliance High Elves, without giving them blood elves.
    If High elves become playable they should have the same model like blood elves, they are the same people after all. High elves are no special snowflakes, they simply chose another way to cope with their addiction, sating it mostly with artifacts , only a few of them actually dropped the arcane altogether.

Not to mention the blue dragonflight no longer exists.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-08-23 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Call it what you want I 'm just sharring my opinion as a horde player here. I truly would get pissed if Alliance were to get High Elves as a playable race at some point in the game. Despite it somehow fitting the lore I find it very very annoying for 2 factions to share a race model (pandaren do not count for obvious reasons).
    Also if I am not mistaken, according to the lore, the elves that actually remained high elves and still side with the Alliance are very very few are they not?
    Don't know guys it would just really grind my gears to see that happening....
    What's your opinion on the matter?
    (no flaming cause of opinions please)
    Them being few in number hasn't stopped them from having more of a presence in Wrath and MoP than some alliance races. Also playable pandaren are, story wise, a pair of small groups of Pandaren that came from the wandering isle which itself had a fraction of Pandaria's population so not sure I buy that arguement anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostwood View Post
    They should never have added Blood elves to the Horde faction to begin with. Leaving the Alliance is one thing, but having them join the Horde is a whole different ballpark, given their history.
    The Blood Elves were a perfect addition to the Horde imho.
    Despite the Horde not being fundamentaly evil it did need a pure evil race into it and the blood elves are as evil and fascist as it can get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    If High elves become playable they should have the same model like blood elves, they are the same people after all. High elves are no special snowflakes, they simply chose another way to cope with their addiction, sating it mostly with artifacts , only a few of them actually dropped the arcane altogether.
    The different coping mechanisms have led to noticeable physiological differences, like the green eyes that Blood Elves developed after siphoning fel magic from demons.

Since Highelves never chose that path they never developed green eyes. Other physiological differences exist.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    The Blood Elves were a perfect addition to the Horde imho.
    Despite the Horde not being fundamentaly evil it did need a pure evil race into it and the blood elves are as evil and fascist as it can get.
    Not really. You could say some of their actions in the wake of the Sunwell's defilement were evil, but not as a race, not post Sunwell restoration especially.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Not to mention the blue dragonflight no longer exists.
    Yes it does. Malygos is dead. Kalecgos is now the leader of the blues.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    The different coping mechanisms have led to noticeable physiological differences, like the green eyes that Blood Elves developed after siphoning fel magic from demons.

Since Highelves never chose that path they never developed green eyes. Other physiological differences exist.
    To quote Blizzard on this matter

High elves and blood elves are physiologically the same race, and they are descended from night elves. Nevertheless, due to their shared history and philosophical differences, the three groups do not share a close relationship. Indeed, night elves regard high elves and blood elves with suspicion, disgust, or outright hostility.

http://wowpedia.org/The_Warcraft_Enc...nd_Blood_Elves

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Yes it does. Malygos is dead. Kalecgos is now the leader of the blues.
    It was disbanded in Tides of war.

Because of their diminished numbers, first from Deathwing, then the Nexus War, and then the Shattering, the blue dragonflight decided to go their separate ways. The few remaining blue dragons have scattered across the world, no longer affiliated with any organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Correction, they were part of the Alliance only in Warcraft 2. The current Alliance High Elves don't represent the Kingdom of Quel'thalas.
    /facepalm

WC2 and WC3, in WC3 xpack TFT the Blood Elves (What the High Elves under Kael'thas called themselves) ran from execution by Lord Garithos, but not all High Elves joined Blood Elves or severed ties with Alliance. Up until TBC Theramore was the place to go if you were a High Elf, in fact from a lore perspective there should be more Elves in Theramore (before it blew up) than there are in Silvermoon.

As to the thread's original topic, High Elves always should have been an Alliance playable race, same with Blood Elves, Garithos was one bad egg and he was even being mind controlled by a Dreadlord to boot. Technically though the High Elves are currently an Alliance race, but not a playable race. The Elves just south of the Ghostlands in Northern section of Eastern Plaguelands strongly dislike the Blood Elves because of them coming back in TBC and kicking them out of everywhere that had been their home since Silvermoon's fall because the High Elves that remained refused to feed off demonic magic to take the edge off their addiction. The Silver Covenant is a faction of High Elves with loyalty pledged to the Alliance and have been around since WotLK. In Theramore, while not as wide spread as they should have been, there were handfuls of High Elves wandering about. Also I find it funny that pandas playing both sides is fine with you, but off shoots of the Highbourne led by Dath'remar Sunstrider is crossing some sort of line.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

I'm really sick of these "I don't want things because it will share old models" crap... So WHAT if it shares a model? Why would that even matter? Seriously the whole re-using models and stuff has been done since the beginning of video games and it will never stop, it would be highly inefficient to stop it. This is just people looking for whatever random reason to hate and spouting it off. It's like this facebook comment I saw on the new D3 Xpac screenshots... They showed a screenshot of the new class's skills, and some guy comments "Wow guys couldn't even think of ONE new passive icon?" since the game is still in alpha and had placeholder icons... The pure amount of stupidity is mind boggling.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

They won't get any high elves chill.

Copy + paste a race is a cheap move that won't look good for Blizzard.

The Blood Elf intro says something about the restored Sunwell may have the power to cure the blood elves of their "curse". With the high focus on custom glyphs in WoW,i totally see cosmetic glyphs for races in the future. And blizzard will most likely add a glyph to make the Blood elf eyes, blue. Blood elves and high elves are the exact same race.

The BE just act more rebel,allies with the horde,tattoos on their faces ( wiki info ) and like to use demon for their fun and power.

High elves would look really similar to blood elves, no matter what Blizzard does with them. I'm sure the devs would rather add a completely new race altogether rather than just add another elf race which looks a lot like an already existing playable race. No way Blizzard would do that, there would be certainly backlash for reusing races, it's just too lazy for them to do. I see no reason for them to be added as a playable race, lets just keep the blood elves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    I'm really sick of these "I don't want things because it will share old models" crap... So WHAT if it shares a model? Why would that even matter? Seriously the whole re-using models and stuff has been done since the beginning of video games and it will never stop, it would be highly inefficient to stop it. This is just people looking for whatever random reason to hate and spouting it off. It's like this facebook comment I saw on the new D3 Xpac screenshots... They showed a screenshot of the new class's skills, and some guy comments "Wow guys couldn't even think of ONE new passive icon?" since the game is still in alpha and had placeholder icons... The pure amount of stupidity is mind boggling.
    Maybe because having a new race that looks exactly the same as one that already exists would be stupid? Most people i'm sure only choose their race because of the way it looks, and it would hardly feel like a new race if it looked the same as another race.

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post

Copy + paste a race is a cheap move that won't look good for Blizzard.
    Thats the main reason imho, people would viciously gossip about that and this would cost them more than they would gain by doing so. At least if it is the only race they were adding to the alliance. They would need at least a completly new one as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    Take a sec to calm down a minute first

Okay, the argument isnt about just the practice of copying+pasting

The argument is, the big hyped up fabled "Next Alliance Playable Race" meant to bring an entirely new flavor and feel to the game, would be a 99.999999% carbon copy, of an old Horde race

After 2 straight expansion packs of Alliance fans complaining about playing second fiddle to the Horde, after complaining about Draenei being abandoned, after complaining about Worgen being cut short through development, I find it so perplexing as to why they're demanding the leftovers of a Horde race after all that

(HIGH ELF FANS DONT ATTACK ME, I'D SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF HIGH ELVES AS A SMALL RE-SKIN, BUT NOT AS THE BIG NEW MAIN HIGHLIGHT OF THE ALLIANCE IN 6.0)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    /facepalm

WC2 and WC3, in WC3 xpack TFT the Blood Elves (What the High Elves under Kael'thas called themselves) ran from execution by Lord Garithos, but not all High Elves joined Blood Elves or severed ties with Alliance. Up until TBC Theramore was the place to go if you were a High Elf, in fact from a lore perspective there should be more Elves in Theramore (before it blew up) than there are in Silvermoon.
    Again, the High Elves as a nation left the Alliance after the Second War. Quel'thalas wasn't part of the Alliance during Reign of Chaos, that's the point I'm trying to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do not worry jealous friends of the Horde!

Your beloved Blood Elves (aka High Elves corrupted) will remain being your favorite and fetish race in exclusive!

Since I doubt Blizzard listen now to the people who spent years asking the High Elves for the Alliance. Also, admittedly, WoW is already in decline, regrettably is too late ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    A new, more vicious looking Eredar model would be kinda cool for horde. Not that it fits into lore at all or anything, I'm just thinking a pure EVIL race would be an interesting change.

They could go with the Broken Ones - to fit the potential theme of post-Garrosh forgiviness and redemption. The Lost Ones went through a bit too much to be turned around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Do not worry jealous friends of the Horde!

Your beloved Blood Elves (aka High Elves corrupted) will remain being your favorite and fetish race in exclusive!

Since I doubt Blizzard listen now to the people who spent years asking the High Elves for the Alliance. Also, admittedly, WoW is already in decline, regrettably is too late ...
    People like this....
    My god...

Broken or ethereal plz

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.