Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Please be aware that your CPU matters as well and it's frequency is only a fraction of what matters as the architecture/instruction sets/IPC etc control performance nowadays (Frequency does matter a bit too though).

And something having 423432 cores doesn't make it awesome either.

MMO's are especially CPU bound as more people are around you or within loaded distance. Your CPU will become your bottleneck at settings that high unless you have a significantly lower performing GPU paired with it for that game; in which case your GPU will become your bottleneck, especially with shadows on ultra since it appears to offloaded to the CPU.

Your ram is fine assuming it's dual channeled and is the proper speed, your version of W7 is 64bit so it's not limited to 3GB of ram.

Your GPU isn't listed though.

Do this;

Control Panel > System > Device Manager > Display Adapters

Tell us your GPU

Your resolution won't matter that much as I sincerely doubt you're using anything above 1080p, if even that.

I'm not going to talk about your CPU until I know what GPU you have.

Tell us what you have
    Cores should matter in a modern game. But yeah, WoW was modern. 10 years ago.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by kabbie View Post
    Interesting...I've been reading over the reviews on Newegg and it seems that the EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 1GB Video Card that was recommended seems to crash a lot. Driver issue?
    If I'm not mistaken that was a driver problem on the 6xx series causing BSODs which has by now been fixed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Cores should matter in a modern game. But yeah, WoW was modern. 10 years ago.
    Most modern games still don't use more than a couple cores. The games that do use more only offload secondary stuff (UI, physics) to the other cores while all the important stuff runs on one core anyways.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Thank you for the advice on the updated build, guys; I've decided to go along with that suggestion, as well as add in a 120Gb SSD for Windows 7 and WOW.

I'll tell you about the results as soon as the stuff comes in.