Ele Shaman on Lei Shen Heroic

Our guild finally made it to Lei Shen HC this week.
    I will confess I'm having some trouble dealing with Helm of Command, even with Ghost wolf.
    Seems the 30% boost from GW barely affects it. I was wondering if anyone has some tips?

I'm very tempted to race change to gobo for the rocket boost because of this.
    Gorbag - Elemental Shaman since Nov 2004
    Raider of Logic Tarren Mill EU

Deleted
    I've never really tried it because i'm usually hance, but have you tried the ghost wolf glyph?

Quote Originally Posted by Smurflord View Post
    Our guild finally made it to Lei Shen HC this week.
    I will confess I'm having some trouble dealing with Helm of Command, even with Ghost wolf.
    Seems the 30% boost from GW barely affects it. I was wondering if anyone has some tips?

I'm very tempted to race change to gobo for the rocket boost because of this.
    Do you not have warlocks to drop portals?

If not, the best advice I can give is to make sure you're near the center of the platform and not close to the edges, as well as already in ghost wolf, when helm goes out. It'll still push you back a bit, but if you're starting near the center, you shouldn't fall off.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    As Tickle said, it's really important to be close to the boss if possible. Remind others in your quadrant that placing an overcharge near the back of the quadrant will almost guarantee you get pushed off should you get helm. Try and have your group move up to closer to the middle. Be moving towards the center the second overcharge goes off.

Best thing I can tell you is if you have a disc priest in your raid have your RL put you in his/her group, this is immensely helpful if you don't have a lock also glyphing GW helps too or it could just be a mind thing. It just takes some practice on it we don't have a lock either so I relied on our dpriest if I was going to fall off.

I never glyphed GW. Sit in GW whenever you're not casting, if you don't get a B&S shield or have a portal try to snag the spot closest to middle. At 2 seconds to Helm move towards LS, and as you get pushed out aim for the pillar. It can be close at times but you will never fall off if you start from a decent position.

What is your raid comp, i am currently gearing my shammy because i am swapping mains and i am in a group with two priests so that if GW is not enough i can get a grip.

Deleted
    Just stay near the center. Learn the pattern of the intermission phase so you know when you can move near the center and when back off a little bit.

We have no warlocks in our group and our ele had no problems ever with Helm of Command.

Btw, for priests it's much better to take feathers if I'm not mistaken. That's their only speed boost and Body & Soul is not enough for priests if they don't have a perfect position.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    What is your raid comp, i am currently gearing my shammy because i am swapping mains and i am in a group with two priests so that if GW is not enough i can get a grip.
    At the moment our raid comp isn't exactly optimised. With the summer holidays, we're lucky to get 10 players of any kind, so we're sort of limited.

I am giving some seriously thought to a race change to Goblin, partially to get the rocket boost which would help a lot here. I'm still debating between the passive 1% haste vs Blood Fury (macroed in with Ascendence).
    Gorbag - Elemental Shaman since Nov 2004
    Raider of Logic Tarren Mill EU

Deleted
    This is how we did it, we have one platform with high movement icrease classes, a warlock, mage and resto druid, one with warlock portal, and the last one we had a shadow priest it in, since the other could relieably live through helm from the edge of the room the shadow priest could stand near the center, and survive with only a 4 second body and soul sprint (he didnt use inner fire in intermissions for some reason) if he can do it with so little you can no doubt do it with just ghost wolf aswell - just stay near the center, and ask the other platforms to move further back so overcharge doesnt overlap - OR

Get paired with a druid/priest/monk and they can all help you - even a leatherworker with drums of speed is a trimendous help.

U wanna get rid of Helm? Get a warlock portal, speed buff(priest,monk) or use movement pot(wasted dps, but dead dps = no dps aswell xD). GW doesnt work, its too slow.

GW glyph does work but it won't keep you on the platform unless you start near the middle of your quadrant. There is a slight delay when Helm goes out till when you actually get pushed back. Make sure your warlocks aren't putting the portals to close to the end of the quadrant otherwise it will be a pain to click on.

I always was on a quadrant with no warlock portal. Just when helm is about to come out move to the middle of the platform and get as close to middle as possible just in case you get it. I never had a problem with it ever.