Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Dungeons are fun to tank imo. Once you're a bit geared, you can easily finish any heroic in 10-15 minute with any group. If you happen to be grouped with a good dps, you can get some down to 5min.

Scenarios on the other hand are incredibly tedious as a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    Dungeons are fun to tank imo. Once you're a bit geared, you can easily finish any heroic in 10-15 minute with any group. If you happen to be grouped with a good dps, you can get some down to 5min.
    Man I agree with that. My MS is balance but got some offspec bear gear and started to have some fun tanking dungeons. Even with bad ppl you can carry them. Also have a blast on my brewmaster monk alt, love when the healer is bad and i need to self heal.

Deleted
    VP's & rep mate.

Yeah, pretty much justice and valor points is all Heroics are good for now. Maybe a piece of gear here or there at the beginning of the expansion, but they don't serve much purpose due to vendor gear.

Deleted
    Tbh, I'd rather they had fewer dungeons to grind while levelling, and had more dungeons between raid patches. It's a valuable, non-limited by RNG method of acquiring gear to prepare for the newest raid tier. Even if perhaps Scenarios had a loot table, and newer introduced ones had scale in order to permit this to happen would be preferable.

Heroic dungeons used to be fun, casuals complained and kill the fun for those that enjoyed em... not only that, but even the casuals themselves don't ever really run em now. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't make any new ones for the next expansion.

Not only do I miss the higher dungeon count previous expansions had, but also the more unique designs.

In wrath, Nexus, Gundrak, Azjol-Nerub, Halls of Lightning, etc. all had their own distinctive feel/appearance. Cata had Throne of Tides, Vortex Pinnacle, etc. Most of MoP dungeons is just another temple we already quested in.

Deleted
    Also wish they'd have sticked with dungeons instead of scenarios. Scenarios were supposed to be little storyline actual-scenarios. Do them once or twice, then you'd know the story. But other than that there's nothing special to them.

Instances on the other hand are "little raids". Personally I totally love Mogu'shan Palace, imo it's one of the best places in MoP. The Palace is so shiny and nice looking, you really feel like invading that dude's personal bling home just to upset him. The Trial of the Kings is great (the talking part, not the encounter itself) and the last boss might as well have been a raid boss, it certainly has a lot more potential than some of the raid bosses we have had so far. I could do that fight over and over again, the voice acting of Xin the Weaponmaster is just glorious.

Scenarios are nothing similar to this. There's nothing "raidy" about it, it is once again "kill x people" and "collect x chests", it's like another set of dailies. And then all you receive is gold or maybe an item, no boss loot to disenchant, no profession materials, no vendor grays, nothing. They are well designed (although fuck Blood in the Snow and Battle on the High Seas), but I'll always prefer something like Gate of the Setting Sun or Shado-Pan Monastery to a scenario, simply because you walk through the door right now to mess that place up.

Challenge modes are challenge modes. What do they have in common with dungeons? Nothing, aside from the places themselves. Challenge modes are a steroid-heroic races against time, not difficult "raid-feel" heroics. In Cataclysm you simply had to CC certain mobs, use some CDs here and there and watch out for your mana, but you could go at your own pace. If you die in a challenge mode, well, sorry, you just wasted the last 5 minutes.