Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Cool Why do you play DK?

Pretty simple: Why do you love DK / stay loyal to the dark side?

Deleted
    I'll fess-up...I'm too lazy to level so starting at level 55 was a huge bonus for me.

Quote Originally Posted by INecrosiSI View Post
    I'll fess-up...I'm too lazy to level so starting at level 55 was a huge bonus for me.
    Haha
    For me it's the sheer in your faceness. <---That's a word. (Underlined in red must mean it's bad ass)
    Sure, so is a warrior / Pala, but THE GRIP! Scorpion says hi.

I have liked them since warcraft 2.

Deleted
    What I like most is probably the runes+rp system, that I don't have to worry about a permanent pet (DW Frost) and I only need to deal with 2 dots. The latter two points are also why I disliked my first max level char so much (a warlock).

Quote Originally Posted by Volant View Post
    Pretty simple: Why do you love DK / stay loyal to the dark side?
    Because I enjoy turning an MMORPG into a single-player 4-hour run through of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because at 505 I can tank as well a most 525 tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Death Knight. All other reasons are secondary.

Deleted
    Because I liked the scourge way too much in WC3 and was totally psyched when they announced they were doing a death knight class. Instantly benched my main on release and played him/her (changed several times) ever since.

Even if i ever wanted to change mains I couldn't because I know I'll never play any class as well as i do play DK.

Because it's the melee warlock I'd always dreamed of. I can't resist dark magic classes.

As far as the playstyle, it's not as fun as it used to be before the rune changes, but it's still fun enough.

Because I quit during BC, came back during the ICC part of Wrath and made a death knight because it was something new for me to play. I've enjoyed playing one ever since.

Was because blizzard ruined paladins with this shitty holy power. I went onto playing range classes, but grew tired of them during cata.
    Made a DK and hit 85 the day mop was release (35 mins before it went live) so decided to level that to 90 to tank raids for irl friends.

Just stuck with it, as it was getting gear and was a strong toon to go and solo old content.

Because the addon I have shouts in Scorpion's voice "Come Here" Wen i Death Grip lmfao! =]

Quote Originally Posted by Yattz View Post
    Because the addon I have shouts in Scorpion's voice "Come Here" Wen i Death Grip lmfao! =]
    Was the original term "Come Here"? or "Get Over Here?"
    On a side note; I've always touched and teased my DK. Leveling him to 70 when the cap was 80, then to 80 when the cap was 85, now just hit level 85 with him last night, lmao. I think it's time to finally push to 90. I'm more for PvP and frost just seems so nice these days.

Because I'm the type of person that doesn't even give playing a game a chance, I go right for the cheat codes.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Because I'm the type of person that doesn't even give playing a game a chance, I go right for the cheat codes.
    So you play mage and warlock?

I would just say dk fits for me, i can barely play another class, it somehow feels either boring or weird. The dk has also a kind of uniqueness i never would want to give up, like soloing, a single target cleave (howling blast ftw), a dot spec, dw and 2h viable a tank with a fucking 2h weapon. I also like the darkness and enjoy playing something with dark magic. I was also ever fascinated by meele casters and the dk is basically THE dark melee caster.

Some features i like are new, some are old, some to many are gone, but i still enjoy it the most, it offers enough differences within the spec making it hard to get bored. And while it may lacks some utility it isn't such an annoying boosted up lol class with thousands of abilities which sometimes just feels stupid.

Because:
    • They are the most fast-paced and fluid [no waiting*] class to play currently.
    • They have pretty much no ramp-up time.
    • They have on-demand AoE/cleave.
    • Not reliant on healers as Blood.

*Except Hunter, but lol why would you.

As a person with experience on all classes, there's no reason I'd play any other class over a Death Knight. The only thing more I could want is a reverse Death Grip to pull myself to the target.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2013-08-24 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Because:
    • They are the most fast-paced and fluid [no waiting*] class to play currently.
    • They have pretty much no ramp-up time.
    • They have on-demand AoE/cleave.
    • Not reliant on healers as Blood.

*Except Hunter, but lol why would you.

As a person with experience on all classes, there's no reason I'd play any other class over a Death Knight. The only thing more I could want is a reverse Death Grip to pull myself to the target.
    How is that different than DG, unless they're on a roof?

Quote Originally Posted by Volant View Post
    How is that different than DG, unless they're on a roof?
    Because you can't use it on bosses, anything that can't move, or like you said is in a place such as a roof. I mean for PvE purposes mostly though. It probably wouldn't be used in PvP anyway since DG is often used to interrupt players.

Spell Reflect causes DG to be a charge.