Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I still have the old versions on my Steam btw. It simply added the other ones.
    Did it I have the same game from when I originally bought it, just now when I load it the GFWL features are gone. Wondering if it's a bug in that some have 2 and should have 1 or the other way around.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a way it's good news that it's shutting down. Having to go through two different gating systems just to play a game was ludicrous...possibly the only downside to this happening is that some developers may not patch their games and so they will become un-usable...I'm guessing gta4 for example and rockstar will probably be one of them because of their past history of trolling pc users.
    A smart man puts his money on the horse with the best odds...a wise man doesn't waste his money gambling on an outcome he has no control over.
    A blog thing for you! http://yetisteaparty.blogspot.co.uk
    A youtube thinghttp://www.youtube.com/user/Teroseth/

Question is, will I be able to play BioShock 1 and 2? I regularly go back and replay both once a year or so.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    Question is, will I be able to play BioShock 1 and 2? I regularly go back and replay both once a year or so.
    If they get patched to steam then you will be able to play both Mulitiplayer and Single Player.

If they do not get patched you will be forced to make a Offline Profile to play single player.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    I know that Bioshock 2 has been updated. I didn't think that the first Bioshock even required GFWL but I could just be remembering wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Wynnyelle View Post
    I know that Bioshock 2 has been updated. I didn't think that the first Bioshock even required GFWL but I could just be remembering wrong.
    You're correct. No GFWL on the Steam version of the first Bioshock.

only game I'm concerned about is Dark Souls. I mean it was a half assed port that used GFWL for the online since its similar to xbox live. I'm wondering if the developer will even take the time to get it working with steamworks.

It's hard to say how Microsoft will handle it, but if there throwing in the towel they might hand things over to Steam for some of the games servers at the least. I know Company of Hero's (1) recently got a version that runs over Steams servers, prior to that I think it was on (the now defunct) Gamespy. I'd advise you not hold your breath for new CD keys for anything bought on there store though.

Dawn of War 2 required both Steam and GFWL to even play single player...

Quote Originally Posted by Seronalis View Post
    It's hard to say how Microsoft will handle it, but if there throwing in the towel they might hand things over to Steam for some of the games servers at the least. I know Company of Hero's (1) recently got a version that runs over Steams servers, prior to that I think it was on (the now defunct) Gamespy. I'd advise you not hold your breath for new CD keys for anything bought on there store though.
    Even tho its Microsoft that runs the show for GFWL its up to said game company of each game to patch them or not.

So some popluar games like Batman/GTA/Bioshock may get the patch but sadly I feel other games won't.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I have quite a few games for GFWL actually. Anyone know that would happen to Capcom games?

Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    Dawn of War 2 required both Steam and GFWL to even play single player...
    Considering how Retribution makes the other two obsolete, I doubt those will be updated.

Ding dong the witch is dead.

Little things on the PC are as great as having to create accounts on the internet in order to play single player games, and it's even more awesome when you need to create 2 or more accounts on the internet for the same fucking game because it has multiple services by different providers and/or copy protection.

Quote Originally Posted by YouAreAllWrong View Post
    I have quite a few games for GFWL actually. Anyone know that would happen to Capcom games?
    My guess is that they will get patched to work with steam.

I got a digital copy of RE5 though gamestop and it use's GFWL good chance they will be patched and added to your steam since its a popluar game but some games will get ignored sadly.

I really do hope my Gears Of War gets ported to steam also just for fucken giggles and grins and why I hate Micosoft/GFWL. I requested a new key since mine won't let me play online anymore due to tomany installs and here is the first part.

Hello Joseph,

Thank you for contacting Games For Windows LIVE Customer Support.

As requested, the steps to proceed with the token escalation are detailed below. Once the proper pictures have been taken and assembled, please reply to this email without altering the subject line. The subject line must include the same subject line as before to allow us to receive your emails.

The following steps are pertaining to the picture needed to begin the escalation process. This picture MUST include all requested information in ONE picture.

Requirements:
    -Game disc(s) (Fully and clearly visible)
    -LIVE Access Key, Fully and clearly visible
    -Microsoft Account Email address, Handwritten on a piece of paper fully and clearly visible
    That was all well and fine I provided said pic and they sent it up for a redeem key token then I got.....

Dear Joseph,

My name is Carl with the Xbox Customer Care Advocacy Team. I'm sorry to hear that you are having a trouble with a GFWL token and, in order to help you resolve this issue, I will need a little more information.

In order to assist you further with this issue, please reply to this email with the following attached ( not embedded ):

· A scan or legible picture of the entire itemized Proof of Purchase (Receipt) showing purchase.

I apologize if this request seems unwarranted, but it is necessary in order for me to provide a resolution to your issue. Once I have obtained this information, I will be able to investigate your eligibility to receive a replacement token. If you cannot provide all of the above information I will not be able to help you further.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. I look forward to your reply with the requested information and helping you resolve this issue if possible.

Sincerely,
    You got to be fucken kidding me right they want a recept for a game that came out in 2007????????? To be fair I got it in 2010 or 2011 but even if I had the recept good chance the link has wore off like a lot of my gamestop recepts have and even more so who keeps recepts for PC games.

It was not made clear there is a limited amount of times u can install GFWL games and I personally feel they are trying to get out of giving me a new code. I resent the pic that I provided for the first one and I told them how I felt and I am wanting for a reply back.

I am happy as hell that GFWL is dying off and I really hope Micsoft stays out of PC gaming unless its done with steam.