Thread: Karazan a 5man?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Karazan a 5man?

Would there be any interest in Karazhan as a scaled up 5 man in the next expansion. I'm thinking all the bosses to give it an epic adventure feeling. Make it hard, and non-queueable like heroic scenarios or challenge modes. All bosses would drop either heroic level blues or scenario style caches with a chance at epic off the final boss.

15+ Year Old Account
    They could split it up into 3 dungeons (D1 = from huntsman to stage, D2 = from curator to aran, D3 = everything else) piss off all the TBC kiddies.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    They could split it up into 3 dungeons (D1 = from huntsman to stage, D2 = from curator to aran, D3 = everything else) piss off all the TBC kiddies.
    TBC was released in 2007? I think it's safe to say that the majority of TBC players, even if they were "kiddies" at the time, aren't now.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Why do we need another thread about obscenities like this? Rehashes are plain awflu.

And without going into details on why rehashes are foul, there is another reason.

When people pay real money for next expansion, they expect new content, not Scholomance revamp, Deadmines revamp, or a some other revamp. And very horrible revamps at that. Which came at a price of original versions of instances being taken away from us. Which were something more than "go straight through tunnel to kill few bosses".

No I want to see new content not just a rehash of something I must have cleared 70 times during BC and about 200 times since. This is also the same reason that those asking for Vanilla and BC servers would quickly get bored of them (which blizzard has correctly realised and why they aren't willing to make such servers).

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    No I want to see new content not just a rehash of something I must have cleared 70 times during BC and about 200 times since. This is also the same reason that those asking for Vanilla and BC servers would quickly get bored of them (which blizzard has correctly realised and why they aren't willing to make such servers).
    More or less this.
    Also, Kara is far too big for a 5man. 5 mans generally have 4 bosses or so these days, so they'd need to do a complete redesign and break it in at least 2 or 3 wings (Probably Lower, Library and upper tower), and they'd need to prevent most of the bosses being skippable. Basically, they'd need to ruin the entire instance to make a messed up rehashed mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of Karazhan call it something else but use the same music, same art work, same style etc. Capture the same feel and atmosphere.

Also bonus is that the art work and stuff is already created, just re-purpose it for "new" content!
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Would there be any interest in Karazhan as a scaled up 5 man in the next expansion. I'm thinking all the bosses to give it an epic adventure feeling. Make it hard, and non-queueable like heroic scenarios or challenge modes. All bosses would drop either heroic level blues or scenario style caches with a chance at epic off the final boss.
    You want LFD parties to wipe on chess event?
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

I think the raid should be left alone, but maybe something in the dungeons of Kara. Put in an instance down there sounds fun.

No more lazy rehashes, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Karazhan itself should be left alone. There are 2 other parts of Kara that can be turned into instanced content- Kara Crypts and Mirror Kara
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? Why? I'm sorry tbc was...5-6 years ago? if they were barely old enough to play and understand wtf was going on (12-13) they are now of legal age (in the U.S. I know other countries have different age limits). Plus that'd be a dumb idea Kara is fine the way it is, we don't need another BWL/UBRS where they have instance portals within instance portals...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I remember somewhere along the line, I believe it was toward the end of BC or maybe the beginning of WotLK. Blizz had more in store for Kara, that it's story and adventures weren't at an end. I'm sure by now it's all been scraped or mothballed.
    Cthulhu 2024, why vote for a lesser evil

I know this would be a re-hash, but given it was one of the more successful instances it might not get the huge backlash that we got with ZA/zg. Making it non-queueable like heroic scenarios would make it more of a "fun" thing.

Damn, angry kiddie here much? It's pretty hilarious that the only thing you contribute is trying to take a (non-funny) shot at people who played the game like 6 years ago.

Deleted
    Why not expand the unused crypt dungeon underneath. In any case, no need to butcher another good instance.

I agree the crypts could be amazing as a scenario or 5man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fromafar View Post
    Why not expand the unused crypt dungeon underneath. In any case, no need to butcher another good instance.
    The crypt is better left alone. It's incredibly creepy and atmospheric, and a large part of that is because it's empty and unexplained. Sticking in some of those cartoony skeletons and ghosts would just diminish it.

That being said, Karazhan itself is fine as it is.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I don't really want to see Tier 4 going to the BMAH for no good reason. I guess I would support it if there was enough room in the loot tables for lookalikes of all nine sets. I know a lot of Priests who would kill for an Aldor set that wasn't restricted to Mages.

And you know if they split it into 5-mans they'll probably lose half the weapons like they did with ZA/ZG. Sunfury Bow or Wolfslayer Rifle, choose! Then hope the other (likely the gun, knowing Blizz) becomes available as a drop... an expansion and a half later...
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks, we don't need another great raid ruined.