Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wooooow. Was expecting them to be far more along.

Pity. But alas, they've no excuse not to be top notch now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CalasEU View Post
    You have to fit gear, dances and all sorts of crap into those new models. It's gonna take a while.
    a while? they have been working on it for what, 1.5 years? Wouldn't you say thats a while?

Don't forget they're not just adding polygons, but also stuff like facial features and new/updated animations (see the Garrosh one) for a guess.

There's a lot more than one race too - it's all of them - remember there's 12 that would want updating. Who knows, maybe that's 25% of ALL the old races, including ones that aren't playable such as Gnolls, Ogres, Naga etc.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2013-08-24 at 05:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    damnnn, how long did it take to redo all the druid forms, it was idd not as much work... but hey! when did they announce that they was making an update for the poor old druids, and how many months did it take for them to lunch it?

And also! might get more focused the closer we get to the next xpack!!!

(just hoping for this come earlier than 2 years)
    Last edited by Rageadon; 2013-08-24 at 05:10 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    am i the only one whose first reply to this post was "oh my god..." (with Randy's voice from Southpark.)

Quote Originally Posted by CalasEU View Post
    You have to fit gear, dances and all sorts of crap into those new models. It's gonna take a while.
    Awhile is not the problem, At this point is going to be never, and that IS a problem. But it's not the end of the world, it just suck's a big set of ba..

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I feel like they're misleading sort of.
    I would not at all be surprised if this was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    So they can create a new race in 6 months, but they can't add some polygons to an existing model in 1.5 years?
    they're not updating the textures they're redoing the models. every single vanilla race being redone means all the armor has to be fixed for that race.

if it takes 6 months to make one new race model, then yeah it would take 2-3 years to fix up vanilla ones. if they wanted to update textures on the race models it would take less than a week of a texture artist's time to bring them to a reasonable standard, but that is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Terralon View Post
    Well, that means I'm not going to return. I've been waiting on this for ages and they're still on 25%? At this rate we won't even get it in two expansions!
    you honestly wouldn't play simply because of race models? what the shit?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tired of running around as a malformed square.
    Luckily, they said dwarven were already (almost?) done months ago, so if they release them one by one, we'll be the first to benefit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disappointed but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    They dont have to do them all at once. Release Humans and Orcs. Then Dwarves and Undead... and continue like that.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

They still have what, a year to work on them? Its not like the next xpac is coming out before next summer.

Because this means the 8 vanilla races and not the TBC races (they are gonna get an overhaul too, but they don't include them as far as I know as they will be later) that means they've done 25% of the 8 vanilla races. Before MoP, it was indicated that the dwarves were already done..

So in the entirety of MoP so far, they finished up dwarves and did one more race?

But here come the apologists, so whooptee doo. Be prepared to be called an idiot for expecting them to actually do their work and try to appease those who've been waiting for the updates for a long time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thegempolice View Post
    When did they start working on new models, as in, put a team on it? If they've been focussed on it for a year already and only 25% done, OK it's terribly disappointing.

If they've just been doing design sketches and concept art and only started the nuts and bolts recently then it could be ready for the next expansion.
    They never put a team on it, it was always a side project.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    They still have what, a year to work on them? Its not like the next xpac is coming out before next summer.
    Their 6 month patch schedule would make it March! They better hurry it up.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I'm annoyed, at least they've admitted they might release a few, then release others over the patches.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I feel like they're misleading sort of.
    yeah could be bullshit so they can be like "ha ha fooled you revealed at blizzcon"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh this thread's gonna be great.

I guess they've been treating the character models as a background project with new expansion/ patch stuff taking priority so their development is kind of unfocused or sporadic.
    That's quite a lot less complete than I'd have thought though. The Pandaren models are pretty incredible, so maybe any work they'd done before Mists (Dwarves?) just didn't match up, and they thought it'd be better to redo it rather than release models of uneven quality.

This kind of makes a new races seem more likely as one of 6.0's hooks.

It's probly just some intern dickhead at blizzard working on them

10+ Year Old Account
    I will laugh my ass if they are misleading about the models.

It's probly just some intern dickhead at blizzard working on them
    Dude...it takes WAY MORE then one person to do this kind of job.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi