Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Umm, Dark Age of Camelot? Seriously, WTF?
    And how is that MMO doing btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    And how is that MMO doing btw?
    I think how the mmorpg is doing is irrelevant.
    Relevant is the playerbase's reaction the the new models.

Updating models alone isn't enough to make people stick with a game.
    Outdated models can however make people quit a game.

The thing I don't get about this whole "We don't want to change things on people and disconnect them from their characters..." nonsense is why can't they just keep the current models in the game, add models as options, and give every character a free character re-make when they launch the new models?

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    The thing I don't get about this whole "We don't want to change things on people and disconnect them from their characters..." nonsense is why can't they just keep the current models in the game, add models as options, and give every character a free character re-make when they launch the new models?
    You mean like EQ1 did?

Clearly the Luclin model updates were unsuccessful.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    A 1000 times this.
    Some say because they'd have to fit new gear to the old & new models. Still I think this is the best solution.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsauce View Post
    You mean like EQ1 did?

Clearly the Luclin model updates were unsuccessful.

The last pictures actually looks better than the current dwarf and male nelf models.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow... I have only done 1 model in 3ds max so far... and it was pretty meh... but I'm a complete newb and it still only took me a few days... a guy that does modeling as a living could prolly make 1 model per week easily... it's not like it has to be super high poly count...

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    wow... I have only done 1 model in 3ds max so far... and it was pretty meh... but I'm a complete newb and it still only took me a few days... a guy that does modeling as a living could prolly make 1 model per week easily... it's not like it has to be super high poly count...
    Every piece of gear in the game needs to be worked on so it works with the new model.. It's A LOT more work then just doing a model..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    They have to match it and make sure it works with every mount in all animations of said mount. Plus all the gear. Bracers, boots, staffs, wands, everything. Yeah making the model itself probably isn't the long portion considering what they can do now, but getting it to animate correctly with everything and making sure the skeleton has no glitches? It is a massive task. They don't have to do it normally with stuff like Lei-Shen because he is never going to be wearing T5 Robes of Tirisfal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Oh how woefully easy you forget the original attempt at new character models... after THIS

i'm glad they're taking their time.

Quote Originally Posted by aeula View Post
    oh how woefully easy you forget the original attempt at new character models... After this

lizardgnome!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Oh how woefully easy you forget the original attempt at new character models... after THIS

Looks so unfinished that you can't really say how it would have turned out.
    I think they should have started reworking the models with cata, that's when the models really started to look up-to-date.

Other pictures of those 'new models' Aeula?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evyan View Post
    Looks so unfinished that you can't really say how it would have turned out.
    I think they should have started reworking the models with cata, that's when the models really started to look up-to-date.

Other pictures of those 'new models' Aeula?
    Indeed, i have a few more, i made another thread on it so as not to clutter up this one, here's the link ---> http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...0#post22239670

The difference with the EQ models, was that they were a HUGE departure from the originals in a lot of cases. Blizz has already stated that they want to stay true to the originals as much as possible. You aren't going to see Goblins all of the sudden have long legs and tiny heads. The proportions should be almost identical to make the armor fitting people are so worried about a lot easier.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evyan View Post
    I think how the mmorpg is doing is irrelevant.
    Relevant is the playerbase's reaction the the new models.

Updating models alone isn't enough to make people stick with a game.
    Outdated models can however make people quit a game.

How was the reaction? I can only find how they talk about sub numbers dropping.

Show me proof the player base in general was happy with the update.

Not to mention it's easier to please 50,000 people than it is 5+ million people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Try another mmo and you'll be blown away by the graphics quality, if you were impressed by pandaren/worgen. Those models were outdated looking the moment they were released.

This is just a weird response. Blizzard is a company. They are revamping old races because the vanilla races' model standards are severely below modern gaming standards, and that they'll generate a massive profit from race changes. Players requesting new race changes isn't like asking your dad if you can borrow the car for the evening, and feeling grateful when he says he'll think about it.
    I've tried other MMO's. They go for more realism which makes the models appear better. They also have slightly higher polygon count but the animations are bad. Wow is very fluid in how your character moves and most games fail in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    How was the reaction? I can only find how they talk about sub numbers dropping.

Show me proof the player base in general was happy with the update.

Not to mention it's easier to please 50,000 people than it is 5+ million people.
    I'm not saying there was positive reaction. In fact I'm not even familiair with the game.
    I just pointed out that changing the models might not be the cause of the sub drop.

It's easy to link A & B to prove your point. Doesn't make it a valid argument.

Maybe the game wasn't that great?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Alpha models weren't all bad. The models even had weight differences for the human forms--heavyset versus slender, etc.

Slender alpha female.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkblade95 View Post
    It's 20 models. Did you forget the female models too?
    It's funny, because Blizzard forgets to make female models for half of the humanoids in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapulani View Post
    It's funny, because Blizzard forgets to make female models for half of the humanoids in the game.
    Except with Blood Elves where they forgot to make the male model :S
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    25% fucking percent? Wow I'm actually mad lol

Wow never thought this would happen I actually agree with Apathy. This is ridiculous we have been talking about new models FOR YEARS NOW. Then blizzard comes out with "HAHA we have been working hard we are 20% done" wtf. So the new models will be done what 2016?