Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Aight, I want new models too, everyone* does - but yeah, I'd still have actual stuff to do than admire the abs on my new orc model.

*Most people.
    As long as that actual stuff will be more than 'HC' dungeons, scenarios and looking for 'raid', I think we've reached a point of agreement.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    The over popular scene when Hitler is pissed over the officers? Kind of measures my dissapointment over the incopetence.
    ... Nope, still makes no sense to bring Hitler, Stalin and the idea of killing people into a debate about pixels.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    We have Night Elves too (Malfurion, WotA Illidan and Tyrande).
    Oh okay so it's 14 models left.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How much effort have they put tho? maybe they can get it up to 65% in a week, so who knows, maybe it's the hardest 25%

A man can dream :/

10+ Year Old Account
    new models would be nice, but i'd much rather they focused on content and treated updated models as a side project. It boggles my mind why some folk are so angry about this, does it really effect your experience? I'm just curious.
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.

Deleted
    I could be oh so wrong, but since when would Blizzard give out such exact numbers? "20%" -"oh, let's say 25"...bla bla. I call this nonsense.

And especially this sentence "We figure players would rather have some earlier than wait forever until they're all done. Not forever but, a longer time. Might feel forever. Blizzard soon.".
    As if they wouldn't know how players of races, that have to wait, feeling like "forever", wouldn't stop spamming the forums with "not fair, ect.".

I say they have them ready for next expansion and are just teasing the players, the whole tone of this part of the interview screams like they are just building up
    tension, in order to say, when revealing the next expansion - " big surprise, new player models, we just wanted to have at least one big surprise, as most things, like
    name of expansion (and probably more 'till BlizzCon) have been 'investigated', leaked,...beforehand anyway"

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    TC: "Um, 20% maybe?"
    CS: "Yeah 25%, maybe 25. That could be a safe number."
    TC: "But yeah, there's a long way to go. And I also don't know that, when we launch the new character models, I don't know that they'll all be done at the same time. We'll probably have a good number of them done, and we'll launch those, and we'll continue to update more throughout the patch cycle. We figure players would rather have some earlier than wait forever until they're all done. Not forever but, a longer time. Might feel forever. Blizzard soon."

And yes, I have read the full Interview, I of course might be wrong. But if they have 75% still to do, let's say 25% take 2 years, than we could expect the new models in 6 years minimum. And they probanly know theirselfes that this might be a bit too long.

Plus, as stated before, the tone of the of the cited parts just screams "ha ha, we are just teasing you."

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    As long as that actual stuff will be more than 'HC' dungeons, scenarios and looking for 'raid', I think we've reached a point of agreement.
    The majority of people though, would want more HC's, raids and such. Though tell me, what would you like to do? Honestly, the game is almost 10 years old, and I can't really see what new features they could include at this point, well besides some of the dreadful "dynamic" events from GW2, but that's about it really.

Deleted
    We have Night Elves too (Malfurion, WotA Illidan and Tyrande).
    Most of these models only have new skins and looks,the animation are very,very similar.The Jinyu on the other hand,while they use the Night Elf models,have new animations included,while the old ones are polished.If I'm not wrong,thats something everybody noticed when MoP launched.

15+ Year Old Account
    Awww, and I was hoping to have my ugly first-made character looking pretty soon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turmoill View Post
    Oh okay so it's 14 models left.
    I'm honestly sick of this communities bitching at every turn anymore. It's really disgusting how much the community has evolved into this QQ whine/bitch fest. Seriously. No one has patience anymore, everyone wants everything now. I doubt we'll need to wait more than 1 - 2 years tops for these. And don't give me that bullshit it'll take 6 more years because 25% at 2.

#1 they could easily be lying

#2 they have been super focused on next xpac

#3 they plan on working on them more once the next xpac is out.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    This.

People think it's just gonna be ADD MOAR POLYCOUNT!!!!....No not how it works. At all.

Be patient people, I also bet you they're misleading us thinking they won't be here next xpac, and at blizzcon we'll see a reveal.
    The amount of you defending this is so entertaining.

Im cool with this, im hoping they are putting less resources into models and more into the online shop, so hopefully by the next expansion the shop will be big enough full of goodies for me to go bankrupt in!

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    What? You don't like more wolf-like appearances, just plain BETTER customization options (not to mention more of them), cool glowing eyes, and a face that doesn't look like a chihuahua wearing make-up?
    I don't want to look like amy winehouse covered in hair and malnourished, yes

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I will laugh my ass if they are misleading about the models.

That's what I'm thinking. I doubt they're close to finishing but suspect that they're further along the process than they're letting on and these statements are being made to manage expectations. Better for them to deal with a longer time table and look ahead of schedule when they implement something than go on the record with a shorter time table, suffer a setback, and then deal with all the "AMG BLIZZARD PROMISED US AND THEY LIED!!" backlash.
    Last edited by Nero Duskwind; 2013-08-24 at 06:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Araron View Post
    Most of these models only have new skins and looks,the animation are very,very similar.The Jinyu on the other hand,while they use the Night Elf models,have new animations included,while the old ones are polished.If I'm not wrong,thats something everybody noticed when MoP launched.
    I'm fairly sure that the Jinyu use Nelf animations, just like the Saurok use Worgen and the Mogu use Draenei.

Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post

That's pretty much it.

Of course there are sensible people who.. well, do not outright defend it, but at least have a different outlook.

But the majority seem to be rampant Blizzard apologists who will excuse it by saying "it's a super-huge job, <strawman> stop telling people its super-eez when you've never made a 3d model!!!" or "lol who cares bout player models; raids is where it's at".

New player models are a pipe dream. It won't happen so stop worrying about it.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    How is it defending? It's simply just making a logic and valid point.

10+ Year Old Account
    New models in 3 years, woot.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    But what does 25% complete even mean, are they all 25% done or are some done and some not even yet started on or ... well saying the rework is 25% complete isn't really informative at all.