Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have faith that they won't over do it and create out-of-place models. Blizz has some good artists.

Well, I reckon they'll still be ready for the next expansion. They've said countless times in recent interviews that they can speed it up now that 5.4 coming close to release, and that they're increasing the teams by 40% and even more later on. I mean it seems perfect to release them on WoW's 10th anniversary. I also believe the subs will go up quite a bit because of this and whatever the next expansion is (Old God or Legion) will definitely bring in some old players. I'm still very much expecting to see some of the new models at Blizzcon 2013.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's all bullshit and you have to be blind not to realize that. New Characters models is obviously going to be a selling point of the next expansion. Obviously not as a key feature since they couldn't make new models x-pac only but they'll release them about the same time as next x-apc to increase the hype of whatever the next expansion is.

It's all commercial. 25% done? My ass. It's all corporate bullshit, they're just waiting for the right time to use them as a selling point.

Edit: I agree that the 1st place you'll probably see some of the new models is next Blizzcon and for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2013-09-05 at 10:08 AM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    It's all commercial. 25% done? My ass. It's all corporate bullshit, they're just waiting for the right time to use them as a selling point.

Edit: I agree that the 1st place you'll probably see some of the new models is next Blizzcon and for obvious reasons.
    It could just be Blizzard trying to control hype, which they are notorious for having bite them in the arse.

Time will tell.

Deleted
    if there will be some new faces for char then blizz should inplement some new feature in-game that allows to change face and skin color like hair cut in barber. Plastic surgeon on the back of auction house maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Borinax View Post
    if there will be some new faces for char then blizz should inplement some new feature in-game that allows to change face and skin color like hair cut in barber. Plastic surgeon on the back of auction house maybe?
    Goblin plastic surgery. Or Blood elf arcane facials that change your look lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkblade95 View Post
    Goblin plastic surgery. Or Blood elf arcane facials that change your look lol.
    Sounds cool!

However, there is this paid feature to change your character's appearance.
    Blizzard would allow players to change the look of their char for ingame gold instead of real live money: not going to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Me personally, I think it's more players have selective hearing. They hear what they want and be damned if anyone tells them something different.
    Part of good communication is to know your audience.
    They should know by now how the players react to what they say/show.

Good PR people take into account how the community tends to take things out of proportion.
    Giving vague answers is not the way to go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Addressed by my other point that they may have been working on them for a long time, but not constructing anything as they had to plan, debate, test, and do a bunch of pre-build nonsense to make sure they pull it off properly. If they are now 25% done with CONSTRUCTION (which we honestly don't know if that s what they meant by that but I will assume so for the sake of my argument) then I am sure it will take far less time than it has to finish them up.

There is no way that you can extrapolate 6 years from now till completion by assuming 25% took 2 years, they wouldn't even be entertaining any comments about new models if they weren't, at most, a year out.
    Ok, i'll admit you're right. Agree with your post.
    Last edited by 3vyan; 2013-09-06 at 10:28 PM.

Me personally, I think it's more players have selective hearing. They hear what they want and be damned if anyone tells them something different.

There is nothing selective about the fact that they said that they started working on them, back a few weeks after 4.3 launched.

I'm curious as to what's taken them so long to get started on them. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to have forecast that these would be a wanted feature years ago.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I'm curious as to what's taken them so long to get started on them. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to have forecast that these would be a wanted feature years ago.
    Oh that's easy ''When we have time priority''

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm just laughing at all the people who are like "I think the 25% figure is BS. They're lying so they can surprise us at Blizzcon."

Then when Blizzcon comes and goes with no completed models, maybe a preview of one or two that they have good progress on, these same people will be back to flood the forums saying "BLIZZ! Where are the new models!?"

And Blizzard, perplexed, will say "Well, we told you we were only about 25% done. What did you think that meant?"

I mean, are you kidding? They have the new expansion to tease and hype us with at Blizzcon. By the time they've announced that, I think a good portion of players will be all "New player models? Huh, oh yeah, I guess we did want those. BUT DID YOU SEE THE EXPANSION TRAILER??"

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm frustrated and disappointed that it's been at least a year, if not two, and they've only gotten a quarter of the work done. I expected at least twice that, if not more. I too expected a Blizzcon reveal, and a 6.0 release. Blizzard, to my knowledge, has never flat-out lied about stuff like this before. Oh sure, when we discovered the worgen and goblin masks, they planted more to try to lead us off the trail and said "Well they don't have to be new playable races... they could be anything!" But they didn't say "They're not the new player races," because that would be a lie. Same thing when we discovered Mists of Pandaria... they said "It doesn't have to be the new expansion," and they were right, it didn't have to be... but it was.

Now, if they are saying they are 25% done, I believe that to be an accurate figure. They must have known how much rage and gnashing of teeth there would be for them to throw us such a low number, but they did it anyway. Why? They didn't have to say anything exact. They could have said something like "We've made good progress, and will reveal them when they are ready," but they didn't. I think they wanted us to know that they will not be ready for a 6.0 launch, at least not a full set of 10 races, and will certainly not be ready for a Blizzcon reveal.

In fact, I highly doubt it will be much more than a footnote in the expansion trailer (much like the Dance studio was a footnote in the Wrath trailer) if even that-- since they likely won't be ready in time for 6.0, they don't want another repeat of not fulfilling the promises on the box.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong (and I would dearly hope to be wrong, my poor femcow would really like more than four faces to choose from sometime before 2015); but I suspect that is the truth behind it.
    Last edited by snuzzle; 2013-09-08 at 11:26 AM.

Sig by Isilrien

i hope blizzard will fix the "issue" in the male undead model with some head.

Some head (especially old tier) dressed by undead male have little poligonal issue in the neck, and the throat is very very ugly (like a pelican )

sorry for my bad english..

While I highly doubt they will release all character models at 6.0. and I'm not sure if they'll even be mentioned in the expansion trailer, the following would be soooo cool:

*Metzen's voice appears*

We have ventured into the demonic realm of Outland...
    We have sailed to the frozen shores of Northrend..
    We stood united in a shattered world against Deahtwing...
    We discovered the beautiful but shrouded lands of the pandaren...

Yet, there is still one thread left to deal with...
    A mysterious master lurking in the depths...
    An army led by no other than a once beloved queen...

There is still... the dark bellow!

*flash underwater scene*
    *flash army of naga swimming to the surface*
    *flash maelstrom*
    *Flash Azshara*

Heroes of azeroth,
    It's time to band together...

*flash kul'tiras*
    *flash tropical island*

The Horde and Alliance must forget their differences
    And face the evil, that has slept for over a millions of years...

*New model human & new model orc appear side by side*

And so the trailer continues.
    How COOL would it be if they showed the models in the trailer? Without an announcement of new models (they just mention it in the end when all the new features appear)

If this happens I'm gonna freak out

We'll get it all in World of Warcraft 2

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    There is nothing selective about the fact that they said that they started working on them, back a few weeks after 4.3 launched.

They also said it was a side project and they were taking their time with them.

As I said selective hearing.

They also said it was a side project and they were taking their time with them.

As I said selective hearing.
    I believe the official blue posts stated that it was NOT a side project and that they were actively being worked on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I believe the official blue posts stated that it was NOT a side project and that they were actively being worked on.
    Now... at first it was a side project. The post you are talking about came out about a month or 2 ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    Now... at first it was a side project. The post you are talking about came out about a month or 2 ago.
    Actually, they said the phrase "actively being worked on" at Blizzcon 2011.

And from Sept 2012, again we see the phrase "actively worked on" as well as "it's a priority". And then another blue came along and clarified "high priority".

They also said "still being worked on" in Dec 2012.

So it's been at LEAST a year if we take the first use of the word "high priority," if not almost two if we take the first use of "actively worked on," that they have been creating new player models as more than a "Oh, hey, if you have time, you might as well" thing.

And to be at 25%? I cannot fathom how it can be taking that long. That's two races in a year plus. That's one race per six months in the best case. That's sixty months or five freaking years before we'll see all ten races, unless they really get their shit together. Even half that time, even two and a half years, a year and a half from now, is much too long.

I suspect we will see a LOT of quitting if we don't have a huge update on this at Blizzcon.
    Last edited by snuzzle; 2013-09-10 at 10:41 AM.

Sig by Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    Actually, they said the phrase "actively being worked on" at Blizzcon 2011.

And from Sept 2012, again we see the phrase "actively worked on" as well as "it's a priority". And then another blue came along and clarified "high priority".

They also said "still being worked on" in Dec 2012.

So it's been at LEAST a year if we take the first use of the word "high priority," if not almost two if we take the first use of "actively worked on," that they have been creating new player models as more than a "Oh, hey, if you have time, you might as well" thing.

And to be at 25%? I cannot fathom how it can be taking that long. That's two races in a year plus. That's one race per six months in the best case. That's sixty months or five freaking years before we'll see all ten races, unless they really get their shit together. Even half that time, even two and a half years, a year and a half from now, is much too long.

I suspect we will see a LOT of quitting if we don't have a huge update on this at Blizzcon.

Funny you link that and didn't even read the line after it....

However, they don't want to put something in the game that feels like a betrayal to a character that you've had for years, so they're proceeding carefully. There's no word yet on when we can expect to see them,

15+ Year Old Account
    Funny you link that and didn't even read the line after it....
    Why should I mention that? My post was in no way referring to an ETA, simply correcting you when you wrongly implied they were a side project until two months ago.

Sig by Isilrien