Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I look at subs basically being a premium for not having to deal with kids nowadays, every game that has ever went f2p is ruined by a wave of em and it's why I hope WoW never goes f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    I look at subs basically being a premium for not having to deal with kids nowadays, every game that has ever went f2p is ruined by a wave of em and it's why I hope WoW never goes f2p.
    yes, because wow despite it's 15$ a month has no kids in it whatsoever... seems legit. if it was like 100$/ month I could see it working... but most kids in 1st/2nd world countries can afford to pay 15$ a month for a game...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Few people bitching isn't an issue, if you can't afford to pay for sub then don't. :P
    Uh? It's Bethesda itself pushing the envelop, fearing that the real value of the subscription on the Xbox is the double of what they wanted.

It's not that Microsoft is going to change anything, Bethesda is basically asking that they can keep Microsoft's profit.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2013-08-30 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    Just to clarify this not nor do I want it to be a "WoW is dying" thread.

With ESO being confirmed as p2p with a $15 subscription fee how do we think this could affect WoW's players base, if at all? I know that I'm very interested to play ESO, but being unable to afford two monthly subscriptions it'll be unlikely that I'll be able to play both.

As I'm still enjoying wow I doubt I'll unsub for ESO but it made me wonder if maybe other people in a similar position would?
    Yes, ESO being sub-based will impact WOW positively. From the most recent weekend beta test, I can say I'd doubt that Elder Scrolls will dent WOW's subscribers for more than the initial month. After that month, WOW will be back to where it was. If ESO was not sub based and only microtransaction based instead of trying to double-dip into both honey pots, they may actually lower WOW's subscriber base a little bit. Not substantially, ESO is nowhere close to being a "WOW killer" caliber product, but it could lower WOW's numbers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    yes, because wow despite it's 15$ a month has no kids in it whatsoever... seems legit. if it was like 100$/ month I could see it working... but most kids in 1st/2nd world countries can afford to pay 15$ a month for a game...
    Far less than for example, Team Fortress 2 or Rift.

15+ Year Old Account
    AFAIK ESO ain't interesting for WoW players.

I myself has 4 RL WoW friends, and they see no reason at all to jump on ESO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Uh? It's Bethesda itself pushing the envelop, fearing that the real value of the subscription on the Xbox is the double of what they wanted.

It's not that Microsoft is going to change anything, Bethesda is basically asking that they can keep Microsoft's profit.
    I doubt it, I predict a special price to use Xbox live with only ESO. Would be retarded to not take in free costumers at Microsoft.

Still waiting for my beta key from Gamescon

A subscription fee has NEVER influenced my decision to play an MMO like WOW (a game focusing on long term character development, community and progression.)
    Give me the right MMO and I will play it for 30 hours a week, and gladly pay $15-$30 a month.

Now I quit WOW over 2 years ago, but in my opinion every also-ran (Rift, SWTOR, GW etc) failed to "explode" because they weren't good enough. Shit about having subscription fees is just an excuse.

EQ and EQ2 were the top dogs in their day who also beat down several challengers who weren't up to standard. WOW changed that, and in turn someone will come out with something that people unanimously acknowledge as better and flock to.

To the fanboys I say; don't fret. When it does come along, it will be better. People will leave WOW for it because it's that good. You won't look back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I doubt it, I predict a special price to use Xbox live with only ESO. Would be retarded to not take in free costumers at Microsoft.
    Don't be so certain. The fact that Bethesda is pressing Microsoft after the sub decision tells that they didn't thought about everything before the decision.

This is nothing more than Bethesda saying "Hey, Microsof, give us your XBL money, please?"

Learned from too many past experiences. I will beta the game if I can, however before I buy I will be watching streamers on Twitch to see how the game plays.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    Firstly, i think its HILARIOUS how so many people are comparing ESO game quality to Wow and have already decided that its inferior to Wow... ESO isnt even out for almost a year!... how the hell does ANYONE know what game will play better so far away from release!?!?!?!

Secondly, ESO will 100% definitely have some effect on Wow subs. Whether its 2 players or 2million players who unsub and switch to ESO thats still an effect. Personally my guess is that its somewhere in the middle that... thats right NOBODY KNOWS how many will switch.

Thirdly, why the fukk does everyone measure other MMOs success or failure on whether Wow survives after the other game launches? Wow will never die and there is enough fukking room in the MMO market for more than one MMO ffs. Other MMOs measure their success or failure on whether they can afford to keep the game running at a profit... surprise surprise every single other MMO, with maybe the exception of SWTOR, hasnt lost money, theyve made profit. GW2 possibly being the most successful.

Lastly, i am saddened to hear that ESO will be subs based and that will probably mean i wont play it. Like someone else said in this thread, ESO success or failure is up to them it has nothing to do with Wow.

Personally i think Destiny has the potential of being the most successful MMO... its much too different to Wow for this forum to discuss it properly tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    It won't affect WoW because it's a different audience imo. I personally will definitely play it, as a huge TES fan. But i'm an even bigger Warcraft/Blizzard fanboy, and it will not get me to give up on WoW, much like all the other candidates before tried but failed (for me personally).

The sub won't affect their success at all, I think it's to be expected of a TripleA MMO release still, GW2 is an exception since it has a different concept to it. But I don't think we'll see a ton of WoW subs move to ESO, not a chance. WoW subs will start to stabilize with the next expansion and come to rest somewhere around the 6-8 million mark i believe, and probably stay there for a few more years. ESO players will largely be a different market, consoles and TES players mostly, the games are too different to directly compete imo.

The Sub Fee will affect them as in the ESO game to be honest.

I don't really wanna be the hater on ESO,but the game looks quite outdated and clunky.It's like they emulated some parts of Oblivion with a random generic mmo and called it Elder scrolls online.

I love the ES series,and i hope they will continue to develop them in the future,as single player games. But this game has no future,at least in my eyes it does not,not with a sub fee anyway.

They should had just made it buy to play. Would had worked much better for them. I hope i'm wrong,and it will be a fantastic game,like the franchise deserves,but by the looks of it,small chance.