Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Who said he couldnt evolve and learn? He tried to do that countless times
    delusional

Look at the time he was gonna throw my ass off that bridge but learns mercy from that tauren who lost his whole family dont you remember that whole chat log?
    He wouldn't because you'd just res up and carry on, your not a character, your an avatar representation of yourself in the game.

He was never given the chance too instead he was shoehorned to become a raid boss cause people was laughing at blizzs panda xpac
    He was always set to go down this road and you just create the illusion in your head that he was going to be more then that, its common with more garrosh fans.

All people are asking trassk is that you tone down your hate for a fictional character and that you start to look at things from his garroshes view in a world he lives in.
    Its fun to hate such a melodious character, and as blizzard has made that he is a character who was made to be hated by nearly everyone, go with the flow I say.
    #boycottchina

I can assure you I had many friends who stopped playing due to the story. You cannot be ignorant of that. Or is it a coincidence that Warcraft started losing subscriptions with Cataclysm and MOP?

You may not like the truth but you need to get over with it. Garrosh played a game and he lost and he will have the fate of every villain. Repeating threads of Garrosh doesn't change anything.
    Last edited by Darth-Piekus; 2013-08-25 at 05:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    The problem isnt with garrosh. Blizzard have really hard time writing characters properly. And they are simply incapable of creating well written villain. Both illidan and arthas were close, but at the end they ended as "im fuckin insane" and "im saturday morning cartoon villain". Same goes with garrosh, who after they told us that he will be boss, can be summed as "hurr durr im evil warlord".

Its really sad because garrosh brought alot of dynamic into story, and allowed many characters to develop, but now we will end up with "friendship is warcraft" again.

Also WoW story is bad, not because it focuses on war, but because its...bad. Hire more skilled writers next time blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    delusional

He wouldn't because you'd just res up and carry on, your not a character, your an avatar representation of yourself in the game.

He was always set to go down this road and you just create the illusion in your head that he was going to be more then that, its common with more garrosh fans.

Its fun to hate such a melodious character, and as blizzard has made that he is a character who was made to be hated by nearly everyone, go with the flow I say.
    Good, Good i can feel your anger the hate flows through you

I dont know whos 2 dimensional you or garrosh

Please carry on

I don't think Traask is the one that has the anger here. The anger belongs to that 5% of the population of the warcraft players who simply can't accept that Garrosh is over and they have to keep posting threads over and over again like something may change.

Quote Originally Posted by Mails-Prowers View Post
    I don't think Traask is the one that has the anger here. The anger belongs to that 5% of the population of the warcraft players who simply can't accept that Garrosh is over and they have to keep posting threads over and over again like something may change.
    Or maybe we are just having rolling fun and love a bad guy and dont call people names because of it

We cant lose on this argument because the guy we bet on already has lost all we can do is justify his arguments
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2013-08-25 at 05:10 PM.

I never called names on anyone. You also need to understand that the rest og 95% may be annoyed by the constant threads.

At least we agree on the part that Blizzard did a very good job with Garrosh making him a hated villain unlike Arthas or Deathwing.

I never called names on anyone. You also need to understand that the rest og 95% may be annoyed by the constant threads.

At least we agree on the part that Blizzard did a very good job with Garrosh making him a hated villain unlike Arthas or Deathwing.
    They did a piss poor job of making him the villian

Please list me the bad things he has done

Theramore - Had it coming
    Vol'jin - traitor who threatened his life back in cata
    Vale - who gives a fuck about that place
    and yeah thats about it

oh and he didnt pay the goblins there fair due

oh and deathwing destroyed most of azeroth and arthas purged a whole town and left his troops to die in a frozen tundra so yeah garrosh is WAAY more worse than them
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2013-08-25 at 05:17 PM.

I once made a thread with a poll asking if you are pro or against Garrosh. Nearly 30% seems to like the guy.

Of course, it's just a test ran on small portion of playerbase - those who give a crap about the lore and visit forums. But yeah, it's not 5%, it's 30%. Thats a fucking lot.

5% Or 30%. Call it whatever you like. The thing is that in the end I am gonna make Garrosh Muffins on the Party I'm gonna make after the Siege.

And it's funny since you think that Garrosh is good and the rest are villains his Muffins will taste sweet like rainbows.
    Last edited by Darth-Piekus; 2013-08-25 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Pinkaminus-Piekus View Post
    5% Or 30%. Call it whatever you like. The thing is that in the end I am gonna make Garrosh Muffins on the Party I'm gonna make after the Siege.

And it's funny since you think that Garrosh is good and the rest are villains his Muffins will taste sweet like rainbows.
    Well have fun

It is unfortunate that they didn't have the guts to have Garrosh kill Thrall, how much more amazing would that patch trailer have been if instead of fighting Taran Zhu they completely shocked everyone and had Garrosh finally have his showdown with Thrall and come out the victor. Then there would be 10x more buildup because 'zomg we are going to take on the guy that defeated Thrall!' Then perhaps they could have made 'corrupted Thrall' the real final boss (heroic only), perhaps Garrosh is keeping thrall shackled next to his throne and when you kill HC Garrosh, thrall sacrifices himself by absorbing the old god thus making it 'mortal', then thrall gives the raid an uber buff and you do a Vael-like fight.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    They did a piss poor job of making him the villian

Please list me the bad things he has done

Theramore - Had it coming
    Vol'jin - traitor who threatened his life back in cata
    Vale - who gives a fuck about that place
    and yeah thats about it

oh and he didnt pay the goblins there fair due

oh and deathwing destroyed most of azeroth and arthas purged a whole town and left his troops to die in a frozen tundra so yeah garrosh is WAAY more worse than them
    Theramore sickened a lot of the Horde. You don't remember the secret meeting of Forsaken, Troll, Tauren and Blood Elves after it? There were talks immediately about what to do with Garrosh.

Vol'Jin held much more respect in the Horde than Garrosh. Also, his threat a year prior doesn't justify him suddenly putting every Troll on lock down and begin a systematic purge.

And the Vale was a horrible atrocity, just because you don't care about it doesn't change the place. It was the life of Pandaria, the whole reason it was just a wonderful continent. Garrosh single handily ruined the lives of every denizen of Pandaria.

This, along with his rampant Orc favouritism, makes him a huge threat to both the Horde and the Alliance. I just wish he had more screentime being the bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    But I didn't try to conquer a planet! Really! Hmm. Okay, I tried, but it didn't work.

The problem with Garrosh is that Blizzard couldn't handle his story arc in which he becomes the "evil guy" well enough, so it left a big amount of players either confused or simply still liking the character and his style - me included. You can see what they were trying to do - create a character that progresses with the story, that is relatable and close to the players so they can understand the reasons behind his downfall.

Take "Scareface", one of my favourite movies, as an example. The main character, Tony Montana, goes a long way from being an insignificant refugee to becoming a criminal overlord. Each step he takes makes the viewer understand his motivations even more, gradually shows his slow corruption and turning into the person he becomes at the end of the movie. And in the last scenes, when all of his evil acts are done, when eachmoment of his criminal life has been portrayed, the viewer has no second thoughts - the character dying right now dies for good reasons, we want to see him die. There was no uproar, no people whining about the ending, no critics complaining about sensless villianizing a good character.

WoW did not succeed here. Blizzard tried the same thing - gradually showing the downfall of Garrosh and his corruption, until nobody stands up for him - but they failed, and as an outcome, many players who did like Hellscream before simply keep liking him now, seeing how his corrpution is not portrayed well enough. And no - none of those players is a serial killer, maniac or evil scientist. The fact that I tried to take over a planet is just an exception that proves the rule.
    You could also compare it to Breaking Bad. Except most people still enjoy that character, so would you consider them failures as well? I guess they're not quite done yet, though. Similar concept!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyathon View Post
    Out of curiosity, couldnt you have found a simpler way to get banned than writing that huge wall of text?
    why? I pretty much enjoyed reading this!

----

and I agree that so far the only thing that doesn't make sense is the theramore bombing