Deleted

Experiment - Current State of WoW and Possible Fixes

Lets see what do you guys think about what fixes should be made to finally fix WoW and get it back to its golden days (if that is possible anymore).

http://strawpoll.me/361607

Tried to fit in the most discussed things within the 30 choices limit.

Personally, as far as PvE goes, I think the game is mostly fine. It's true that people are more gear-obsessed and ilvl obsessed than ever before and Blizzard hasn't really made that any better by making ilvl requirements for queues (so people get this false sense than ilvls are 'required' for raids and everything), and that gearing up is quite obnoxious if you don't have a guild to do raids with (In fact, that aspect is HORRIBLE. Limited to only 1000 VP a week means it takes weeks upon weeks upon weeks to raise that ilvl up, and ilvl is the only thing that will get you into a lot of today's guilds. It's a downward spiral that goes nowhere and is very boring and gameplay limiting and I wish they'd do something about it.)

When it comes to PvP, I've totally stopped caring. WotLK really, really killed PvP and it's only been buried deeper with each expansion since. I'd LIKE to have hope for it, because they've come out with some massive heal nerfs (FINALLY, they nerf healing in PvP), the stat-tweaking in sub-90 Battlegrounds, the fact the lead Developer of TBC is coming back for the next expansion, etc etc etc... I'd desperately want to believe Blizzard is done being insane and pretending their PvP is balanced and that the only reason people no longer take WoW pvp seriously anymore is because they're jealous or something- but I just can't. I can't bother to get my hopes up anymore just to be let down again.

PvP can never return to the solid, balanced and sensible design of TBC's without massive retro-formatting of the game's classes and how they work, and Blizzard is more or less never going to be up to that task; so oh well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveLoreALot View Post
    WotLK really, really killed PvP
    Strange, a lot of people say that PVP was most balanced during WOTLK (hence the Arena-Tournament private server is so famous).

Tho I somewhat agree with you. PVE is not entirely bad, neither is PVP so unbalanced, but they can be better. Imo 6.0 and 6.1 will be Blizzard's last chance of fixing the game, before it actually dies.

Quote Originally Posted by YourWifeMyKids View Post
    Strange, a lot of people say that PVP was most balanced during WOTLK (hence the Arena-Tournament private server is so famous).

Tho I somewhat agree with you. PVE is not entirely bad, neither is PVP so unbalanced, but they can be better. Imo 6.0 and 6.1 will be Blizzard's last chance of fixing the game, before it actually dies.
    Game isn't going to die at 6.0 or 6.1. It won't be dead at 7.0 or 7.1. It won't be dead at 8.0 or 8.1. There is nothing wrong with the game. If you don't like playing it anymore, sorry but there is nothing that blizzard will be able to do that will make you want to play again. They can fix every single thing that you don't like with the game and you'll just come up with another 30 reasons why it still is going to die. That is how it works and why Blizzard doesn't bother.

So instead of talking about the things you hate with the game why don't you come up with a list of things you like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Game isn't going to die at 6.0 or 6.1. It won't be dead at 7.0 or 7.1. It won't be dead at 8.0 or 8.1.
    You know what I mean by "dead" - the game reaching a point beyond repair, everyone laughing at the game and the pathetic people left playing it, etc. It is kinda like that atm, you can't deny it, and it will only get worse if blizzard doesn't start fixing it.

There is nothing wrong with the game.
    I wish.. I really wish that was true

They can fix every single thing that you don't like with the game and you'll just come up with another 30 reasons why it still is going to die.
    That's actually not true. I remember during TBC and WOTLK how I loved to read the WoW forums almost daily and there were LESS than half as many complains about the game as you see now. Don't forget that there were a lot more players during that time, which makes the chance for someone complaining higher.

The game is dead, we're just waiting for ESO or something else to put it out of it's misery. And the people who still play it are a laughing stock already. But yeah, "dead" means it being deafeated in sub number by another MMO. Which is just a matter of time. But no, the agreement "that it's just old" is wrong. If blizzard was still a good company, they could have averted this. As people who know what there talking about have said, If they have never changed anything from wraith. Instead, they did to appeal to casuals. And they have already destroyed the game. I appercaite the idea behind the poll, but there's no fixing WoW at this point however great that might have been. So I won't particpate.

So instead of talking about the things you hate with the game why don't you come up with a list of things you like.
    If everyone did this and ignored problems with the game nothing would ever improve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shibolena View Post
    If blizzard was still a good company, they could have averted this.
    I just can't understand this. You see millions of people trying to tell them the right thing to do, trying to explain them what would appeal to the MAJORITY of the MMO players, but Blizzard, a company that made games which no other company could have made, simply ignored them and went on with their bullshit?
    Nah, there must be something that made them go that way. Maybe the investors? Who knows..

Deleted
    I just can't understand this. You see millions of people trying to tell them the right thing to do, trying to explain them what would appeal to the MAJORITY of the MMO players, but Blizzard, a company that made games which no other company could have made, simply ignored them and went on with their bullshit?
    Nah, there must be something that made them go that way. Maybe the investors? Who knows..
    Those milions who are trying to tell are in reality only few people who are bored with game but cant realise it and let go. When i log in i see thousand players everyday and i think that most of them are enyoing it.

Dont mistake loud screaming on forums with lots of people screaming, noise is the same but sources are difrent.

15+ Year Old Account
    That sounds familiar.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbT-cW8Zb7o

Veeeery familiar...

A lot of people are freaking stupid.

WotLK pvp was bananers. Healers turned from a clutch "save your life by wasting all their mana and big CDs" pvp niche into just "lol 4 people can't kill me and we NEVER run out of mana, you will NOT 1v1 us unless you are an Affliction Warlock who times their CDs perfectly."

As far as everything else in WotLK, that was alright. I think what was bad in particular was how powerful healers were, which more or less ruined PvP in a very, very big way. Moving onto Cata, the balance in general just began to erode as Blizzard made it more and more apparent that they didn't care anymore.

Also beginning with WotLK was the age where gear in pvp actually began to matter, which I DO NOT think is a good thing. While it was true that a poorly geared PvPer could beat a better geared person if they were skilled enough, it was CONSIDERABLY more difficult than it was in previous ages of the game, not to mention stats began to get comically inflated (though this didn't get particularly bad until Cata), making the rift between gear and levels even worse.

All in all, WotLK PvP was ruined by a couple key things, but Cataclysm and MoP sealed the deal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Abda View Post
    Dont mistake loud screaming on forums with lots of people screaming, noise is the same but sources are difrent.
    Exactly. There is the problem - they listened to the casuals who constantly complained on the forums, while the more hardcore ones didn't even bother to open the forums.
    Honestly, go to the forums and see how many of the people who post there can be considered hardcore. It's almost impossible to find someone who is not in a casual guild.

The main problem is that they let their casual playerbase decide what happens in the game. Don't get me wrong - I also work and I also have a lot of stuff to do, but that game is nothing without its hardcore playerbase, and people who constantly post shit like "I have 10 kids and work 23 hours a day, please nerf the ENTIRE game to fit in my schedule or I unsub" should be ignored. If you have kids and work so much that you don't have enough time for WoW, then don't play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    what is the experiment? looks like a poll
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    what is the experiment? looks like a poll
    Because it's not only a random poll - it's more of an experiment to see if all those things that get constantly posted on those forums are actually the way the majority of people think.
    But you are right - maybe a mod can edit it to "Poll", since it's an experiment only for me and a poll for everyone else.