Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A story "built for lore fanatics"? What does that even mean. Some lore-savvy people like myself are just excited over the potential because this theme (old gods, deep sea, Azshara) has been around forever in WoW and never been fully explored. That's all. Trust me, the story will be presented in an exciting fashion and will be easily accessible, it always is.

No. It's time they stopped throwing a new class into the fray every other expac. Balance is finally working right now, they're getting it right. That's not to say there won't be new classes later on, i'm sure there will be. But not this expac, we'll get something else (like sub-races) instead. And if it is something along the lines of sub-races, it will change WoW completely on the visual side of things.

These zones sound amazing and seeing the Abysal Maw as a raid makes me hopeful that we'd finally see an end to that story line that Cata left hanging.

That said, I have a hard time seeing us going from two 5 level expansions to a 10 level expansion, specially when they've been talking about possibly using the next expansion to deal with ability bloat. Sure we're going to expect a new move from 5 levels, from 10 I'd expect 2-3...while they're also compressing our buttons...I just don't see it.

Here's hoping, if it's not true, oh well, if it is, then super!

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post

Throw in naval combat PVP in there and I would flip my shit.
    ^^^^^^

Now I can't stop thinking about how sick that could be

Deleted
    Lol, another leak

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    A story "built for lore fanatics"? What does that even mean. Some lore-savvy people like myself are just excited over the potential because this theme (old gods, deep sea, Azshara) has been around forever in WoW and never been fully explored. That's all. Trust me, the story will be presented in an exciting fashion and will be easily accessible, it always is.

No. It's time they stopped throwing a new class into the fray every other expac. Balance is finally working right now, they're getting it right. That's not to say there won't be new classes later on, i'm sure there will be. But not this expac, we'll get something else (like sub-races) instead. And if it is something along the lines of sub-races, it will change WoW completely on the visual side of things.
    B-but the two or so novels that we will get slowly fed over 2+ years, then none of the events in them actually appear in-game, or will be completely butchered (lolTheramore) will be worth it. r-right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally never read any WoW novels. While I'm a huge fan of the lore, that does not automatically make good or interesting literature (not saying they're bad, just never interested), and since large parts of them are apparently non-canon anyway I see no relevance.

See I never read the Theramore novel, and so I wasn't disappointed by ingame events. I thought it was rather cool, if a bit dry.

Deleted
    Hey guys. Just got super news about the next expansion from a super reliable source that accurately predicted the expansions previously.

World of Warcraft: Rage of Sargeras
    - Level 90-95
    - The Legion begin an invasion of Azeroth, the main villain is Kil'Jaden, who is leading Sargeras frontal assault.
    - New character models on release for everyone except Cataclysm races and Pandaren.
    - The starting zones are the primary areas attacked by the Legion, including Orgrimmar, Stormwind and Blasted Lands. Zones will be phased for level 90 players.
    - After the first level, you join a combined expedition force through the altered Dark Portal in the Blasted Lands.
    - Flying is disabled in the new continent and can be bought at level 95.
    - An upgrade to Outland, bringing the quests and content up to date.

New Stuff

- Alleria and Turalyon return from parts unknown, leading the High Elves into the Alliance. Turalyon takes his place as the High Commander of the Alliance. Stromgarde becomes capital of the High Elves, Thoradin's Wall becomes an Alliance Bastion.
    - Gar'mak, son of the Ogre Hero Dentarg departs for Azeroth after being located by Rexxar, leading the Ogres into the Horde. Rexxar takes place as Warchief's advisor. Swamp of Sorrows becomes Horde territory.
    - Saurfang the Elder becomes Warchief of the Horde.
    - Illidan returns, training Demon Hunters, the next Hero Class for World of Warcraft that starts at level 80.
    - Minor Glyphs expanded, you can now have 9 glyphs and many alter spells and abilities in cooler ways.
    - Epic Class Quests at maximum level, that awards a Greater Glyph, adding a unique and otherwise unobtainable Glyph that transforms your abilities in a similar fashion as Green Fire for Warlocks.

Zones

- Stormwind and Orgrimmar 90-91: Warlocks that owe allegiance to the Legion have summoned demon portals in the capital cities, combined with a reign of Infernals from the sky. You join your faction as you fight frantically to beat the Legion back.

- Blasted Lands 91-92: The Horde and Alliance bastions in the area have been wiped out and the Legion have fortified their position. You join with the army in the Swamp of Sorrows and charge in, forming a foothold and eventually taking the Blasted Lands.

- Shattered Lands 92-93: Houses the Legion's Dark Portal. The region is barren and lifeless. It has the signs of constant conflict, broken war machines and bastions litter the landscape. The Alliance and Horde have fortified the Dark Portal's entrance.

- Forsaken Haven 93-94: A once beautiful landscape that is a shadow of it's former self. A scar of fire stretches through this land from The Burning Citadel to The Dark Portal. Parts of this zone are still beautiful, as the Legion has had little interest in the surroundings and it merely serves as a marching path.

- Plains of Narath 94-95: The Burning Citadel resides in this region. The skies and land take on a sickening green tint as the Legion's magic has defiled this region. It is barren and fire spews from the broken land. The combined forces of Azeroth work to undermine the defences of The Burning Citadel in this region.

Dungeons

- Worldbreaker Stronghold - The Legion's base of operations based on the ruins of Nethergarde Keep, lair of Doomlord Kazzak.
    - The Wrathforge - Bastion of the Legion where they construct their machines and weapons of war. Residesin the Shattered Lands.
    - Ruins of Be'lashir - The Legion infest the ruins that reside at the heart of the Forsaken Haven, their marching path cutting through the centre.
    - The Lost Depths - A series of caverns that stretch throughout the Plains of Narath, home to feral and unbound demons and the corrupted and broken beasts of the land.
    - Bastion of Rak'narak - At the eastern end of The Burning Citadel, this houses many demon portals that constantly stream in reinforcements.

Raids

- The Broken Front - The battlefield outside of the Burning Citadel. Players move between fronts and defeat the commanders.
    - The Engine of Fear - The magical barriers surrounding the Burning Citadel where controled by the mana engine inside.
    - The Burning Citadel - Lair of Kil'Jaden and last bastion of the Legion's main assault.

Scenarios

- Defence of Stromgarde - The Forsaken begin an assault on Thoradin's Wall and Stromgarde. Horde players turned into High Elves.
    - Dalaran's Downfall - The Sunreavers and Blood Elves assault Dalaran. Alliance players turned into Blood Elves.
    - Reign of Chaos - The Legion begin a second assault on the faction's capital cities.
    - Light's Hope - The Legion launch an assault on Light's Hope chapel.
    - Burning Rush - The Legion attempt to break through the defences at the Dark Portal.
    - Thrall's Balls - They're everywhere. The Legion that is.

Battlegrounds

- Assault of Tirisfal - The High Elves assault Tirisfal in preparation for an invasion of the Undercity.
    - Ruins of Theramore - The Ogres battle with Kirin Tor for control of Theramore's ruins.

I have to say, expecting any new hero class to follow different rules from the Death Knight is... silly. It would simply be unfair for one hero class to start at 55, and another at 70 or whatever.

They could, theoretically, adjust the DK accordingly, but that would require redoing the DK starting zone, or at least the rewards. That would be a lot of work, especially when taken in combination with creating whatever starting zone the new class has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmochampionuserone View Post
    Hey guys. Just got super news about the next expansion from a super reliable source that accurately predicted the expansions previously.

Snip
    Not sure if trolling or legit. sounds viable, though, more than some of the other stuff in the Original Post
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Not sure if trolling or legit. sounds viable, though, more than some of the other stuff in the Original Post
    He's admitted it's fake in another thread.

Still sounds better than what the OP has described.

Idk if the sub-race choices for models is true I'll be fucking ecstatic.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    No new character models would be extremely disappointing, unfortunately it'll probably be true as Blizzard always find new excuses not to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This.......would be the greatest expansion ever. It's like, literally, what I've been dreaming of. *swoons*

- - - Updated - - -

I'm surprised by all the negative responses to this leak. The lore is completely sound and would explain so much that has been building up. I can't see a single aspect of it that contradicts anything Blizzard has said. That being said, it could be complete BS, but I can't find any reason to discredit it. It's too well thought-out for me to dismiss at this point.

Deleted
    people still talking about dark below even though it was effectively proven hoax when trademark application was removed? people please

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    people still talking about dark below even though it was effectively proven hoax when trademark application was removed? people please
    Do you have something better for us to talk about?>

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, nobody here is really talking about the trademark thing. Not taking this seriously as a leak either, just liking the lore in it, it's very well thought out and totally possible.
    And personally, would constitute my favourite expansion ever, I would jump up and down for joy if they announced this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogas View Post
    Not very impressed with the rumoured 'next' expansion leaks...

-I'm allready lost in the 'story'... it's build by and build for lore fanatics?
    -No new class? Would love to see them introduce a new hybrid caster/healing/tanking class

But i do appreciate the fact they would introduce that many new and diverse levelling zones. Also leveling 10 levels instead of only 5, sounds like a great idea...
    Exactly. This is just one guy that has this aspiration of fulfilling his (and what seems like a lot of people's) fantasy by making up a BS story for the lore part of this fake leak. Every time I enter a thread about something revolving around the main story, it seems like I can't even get through a paragraph without coming across eye sores, such as Kul Tiras, Azshara/Abyssal Maw, the full Azjol'Nerub kingdom, or (here's the kicker) the Emerald Dream. I've gotten so sick of this fan-crazed redundancy that it makes my head hemorrhage in agony. This "leak" had a big enough dosage to that to kill me.

For one, he doesn't speak for me, and neither does anyone else when they say, "This is what the players want!!1!" NOPE. It's gotten to the point of I'll actually be glad if any of these never see the light of day (at least for a couple of years/expansions). Call me the martyr for wanting this, but I'm at that point because of the fact that these things have been so overdriven and overpushed by extreme fan-craze. This is one thing I actually really like about Blizzard - they don't adhere to what the fans want/expect to see expac after expac, and that they go their own way. Good on them for recognizing that.

I mean, some of the many many reasons why I don't even believe a bit of this 'leak' is the fact that we are fighting the Kvaldir, Naga, and Zandalari all over, and us going to Azjol'Nerub......again. I realize it's because of the leak pitting N'Zoth in control of them, and that's good'n'dandy. But let's be honest - we have literally no reason to fight the Kvaldir now, we've already kicked a LOT of Naga and Zandalari ass (the latter very recently), and Azjol'Nerub is alllll the way up in the snowy land of Two-Expansions-Ago. Out of sight, out of mind. I'm at least glad Blizzard makes attempts to push the story in a fresh direction, and not just go back to old content for the sake of it, central story-wise (Cataclysm not necessarily withstanding).
    | Happiness is the best revenge |

I will say any mention of trolls as an enemy we have to fight in any expansion ever again. Is just going to annoy the crap out of me. Enough is enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh...and there is no "fan craze" for the Legion? I literally lold loudly over this post.
    If you went back a few years and threw this out as "I hate all these fanboys wanting to see Illidan and Arthas already, i love Blizzard for going different ways!!1" I think it would amount to pretty much the same. The lore is there for a reason, it's to make you excited to see it ingame. It's fine if you're not that interested, but don't write it off simply because it isn't something completely new to the universe.

That is actually very unlikely. Pandaren were already hard on the border, many hated them being introduced as being borderline non-canon and not fitting the universe. So them going a totally new direction and again retconning the universe? Yeah no.

Deal with the fact that the two remaining big baddies we have on Azeroth are N'zoth/Azshara, and outside of Azeroth, the Legion. Those are the two main directions we can go and likely will, aside from some major plot twist that pits the Titans or Wrathion against us in some form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Uh...and there is no "fan craze" for the Legion? I literally lold loudly over this post.
    If you went back a few years and threw this out as "I hate all these fanboys wanting to see Illidan and Arthas already, i love Blizzard for going different ways!!1" I think it would amount to pretty much the same. The lore is there for a reason, it's to make you excited to see it ingame. It's fine if you're not that interested, but don't write it off simply because it isn't something completely new to the universe.

That is actually very unlikely. Pandaren were already hard on the border, many hated them being introduced as being borderline non-canon and not fitting the universe. So them going a totally new direction and again retconning the universe? Yeah no.

Deal with the fact that the two remaining big baddies we have on Azeroth are N'zoth/Azshara, and outside of Azeroth, the Legion. Those are the two main directions we can go and likely will, aside from some major plot twist that pits the Titans or Wrathion against us in some form.
    Assuming you are talking to me, you missed the point. I'm referring to the statement that Rogas made - the leak was purely driven by lore fanatics, and it shows big time, as backed up by evidence of the guy's other supposed leak of MoP he did last year (hell, a portion of that echoed into his leak this year); along with my disdain for that. You paint me as someone who hates people eternally for wanting certain lore characters to appear in the game. That's dead wrong. I'm just as much a fan of Warcraft as the community is, and I wouldn't mind seeing these things in the game as much as the next guy. But it gets so suffocating year after year with some of these 'predictions' that get brought up so regularly [like the Emerald Dream and people thinking it will be the main focal point of an expansion] that I ultimately wouldn't mind them not showing their heads for quite a while, or just not at all. It's like listening to a song that you like so much, that it drives you to the point of no longer wanting to listen to/like it, and perhaps even hate it after a period of time. Very love/hate relationship I have with all of those.

Even then, ask yourself this - would you rather something (like for instance, Kul Tiras) not show up, or it ending up in the game - only for the players to hate the implementation of, and eventually hate the whole thing? It's just something else I have a problem about. The community sets the bar unfuckingbelievably high for a lot of things, that if something we have longed for FINALLY ends up in the game, it's more than likely we will heavily dislike it and regard it as another failure.

For better or worse, Pandaria was a new direction for Blizz. No one here can realistically tell me they saw it coming before the patent was filed. It was clever, and proved that the already known bads aren't the only ones we necessarily have to deal with now. Also I'm not even sure why you brought up the Legion, as it doesn't really have anything to do with these posts, but ok?
    Last edited by Mongler; 2013-08-31 at 11:30 AM. Reason: 6:30 in the morning, making tired spelling mistakes
    | Happiness is the best revenge |