Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongler View Post
    Assuming you are talking to me, you missed the point. I'm referring to the statement that Rogas made - the leak was purely driven by lore fanatics, and it shows big time, as backed up by evidence of the guy's other supposed leak of MoP he did last year (hell, a portion of that echoed into his leak this year); along with my disdain for that. You paint me as someone who hates people eternally for wanting certain lore characters to appear in the game. That's dead wrong. I'm just as much a fan of Warcraft as the community is, and I wouldn't mind seeing these things in the game as much as the next guy. But it gets so suffocating year after year with some of these 'predictions' that get brought up so regularly [like the Emerald Dream and people thinking it will be the main focal point of an expansion] that I ultimately wouldn't mind them not showing their heads for quite a while, or just not at all. It's like listening to a song that you like so much, it drives you to the point of no longer wanting to listen to it/like it, and perhaps even hate it after a period of time. Very love/hate relationship I have with all of those.

Even then, ask yourself this - would you rather something (like for instance, Kul Tiras) not show up, or it ending up in the game - only for the players to hate the implementation of, and eventually hate the whole thing? It's just something else I have a problem about. The community sets the bar unfuckingbelievably high for a lot of things, that if something we have longed for FINALLY ends up in the game, it's more than likely we will heavily dislike it and regard it as another failure.

And I'm not even sure why you brought up the Legion, as it doesn't really have anything to do with these posts, but ok?
    I brought up the Legion because you were claiming that you're sick of the "fan craze" over Dream/Azshara, when it fact it could be argued very easily that the Legion has the far greater craze for it, everyone and their mother wants to fight KJ and demons again for some reason.

If you read that thread carefully, like very few did sadly, you'd see that the MoP "leak" was someone else's fake post that had nothing to do with it. I never believed it's an actual leak, just that it's likely.

I was never disappointed by the content so far, I think the only actual letdown for me was probably Uldum and then later on the actual Deathwing encounter, but other than that I never had preconceived notions in my head, I was just very excited for the possibilities. Same as now, I have no clue what it would actually look like to fight Azshara, to explore Nazjatar. I'm just incredibly excited by the possibilities.

Most people aren't that aware of the looming deep sea theme, unlike you and me. It's understandable that to you it may have been speculated to death and you're sick of it, to me it's the most exciting part about WoW (the Old God and deep sea theme, that is). Also many people immediately associate it with Vash'jr which also has a total love/hate affiliation. I personally loved Vash'jr, but rest assured that they wouldn't do an underwater zone the same way again, and it would definitely not be the whole content.

From a lore point, the speculation post on The Dark Below makes total sense, I don't see anything that makes no sense, pretty much all of it is backed by previous lore and setup. That's why it gets me excited for possibilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    snip
    This is going to be my last post for a while, it's 7 in the morning and I'm extremely tired.

About the Legion, I'm indifferent. Maybe I'm a bit more tolerant of it because the speculation-heavy threads for it haven't been around for nearly as long; also the fact that eventually we will fight them again. Whether or not it's next expansion is up in the air. I honestly don't know, nor do I pretend to know - but we will have an axe to grind with them once more. It's only a matter of time.

The Dark Below, though...it's hard for me to believe. I realize it's possible this and the MoP leaker are two different persons, but I have my reasons, mainly for the amount of similar occurrences for some things between the two. Don't get me wrong, it's very possible that Azshara and/or N'Zoth are the big bads next year. I acknowledge this, and realize it could be possibility. Thing is...it just won't be in The Dark Below, and almost everything else surrounding this leak strikes me as fanmade, and reaching. Judging by some of the tweets Ghostcrawler has made regarding TDB, also, I wouldn't get your hopes up.
    Last edited by Mongler; 2013-08-31 at 12:14 PM.
    | Happiness is the best revenge |

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually GC's quotes get my hopes up even more, he has not denied it on multiple occasions and simply asked us to bookmark all the speculation and revisit it later
    But I will be excited for any WoW expansion, so I won't throw a fit if it isn't this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait...Warchief Lor'themar? I don't like this leak anymore

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Actually GC's quotes get my hopes up even more, he has not denied it on multiple occasions and simply asked us to bookmark all the speculation and revisit it later
    But I will be excited for any WoW expansion, so I won't throw a fit if it isn't this.
    Probably so we could see just how wrong we were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

Deleted
    Lor'themar as Warchief. It's nearly time for our glorious Blood Elf Leader to take command.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this somehow turns out to be true, it'll be awesome, because some of these zones are very lore heavy.

Yeah, this is sounding awesome to me. I've had to go back a few times and re-read it. It sounds like it'll be more alliance lore heavy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
    Yeah, this is sounding awesome to me. I've had to go back a few times and re-read it. It sounds like it'll be more alliance lore heavy as well.
    I wouldn't get my hopes up. =(

Someone in the second or third page already linked a post made prior to MoP's release of somebody who wrote a "leak" in a very similar manner (which included stuff like bragging about being right in the past, etc) and was WAY off the mark on his "leaks" which included stuff like Ogres as a playable race, Azshara as the main villian, Kul Tiras making an appearance.

I think the phrase that's really fooling people is when he states "You know the drill, see these spoilers then come back to me when Blizzcon happens" type of lines. It's a really good way to trick people. (it's used heavily by scam artists. Use a faux history event to fool the believer.)

Another thing to think about, why do these leaks happen JUST after the trademark and not prior?

I do truly believe, however, that "The Dark Below" will indeed be the expansion and you can already make certain assumptions based on that. You don't need someone telling you some of these things.

An expansion all about naga, yet without naga as a playable race despite Metzen saying he wanted to do naga as playable race sometime in the future back during BC? If true this would make me very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Byne View Post
    An expansion all about naga, yet without naga as a playable race despite Metzen saying he wanted to do naga as playable race sometime in the future back during BC? If true this would make me very sad.
    It would make far more sense for Naga to be brought in at the beginning of the expansion after The Dark Below (if it's real), rather than during one where we're fighting the Queen of the Naga.

Topple her empire, and then pick up the scraps. None of this "oh we're rebel Naga" shit that's been done too many times before.

Quote Originally Posted by Byne View Post
    Maybe after we kill Azshara, the remaining Naga will need a new person to lead them, allowing them to be a race.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatalfuror View Post
    It would make far more sense for Naga to be brought in at the beginning of the expansion after The Dark Below (if it's real), rather than during one where we're fighting the Queen of the Naga.

Topple her empire, and then pick up the scraps. None of this "oh we're rebel Naga" shit that's been done too many times before.
    But the Alliance and Horde would have far less reason to work with Naga. As much as I don't want playable naga, not in the Alliance at least, I think 'we're rebelling against the evil bitch that's trying to destroy you' is more compelling than 'hey we're sorry we tried to kill you all, we're in a tight spot now so can we be friends?' It would also be a mistake to add them in AFTER the expansion they would be most relevant in. It'd be like adding BElves and Draenei in Wrath instead of Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatalfuror View Post

In the War of the Ancients books, there were Highborne who wanted to flee Zin-Azshari but had to stay behind to cover for the Highborne who were actually escaping. Playable Naga could be descended from those Highborne, who have just been waiting and biding their time for thousands of years. Its not like a rebellion of a small faction of naga would be out of left field.

I would love this. I want it to be true, I do.

Sub races (specifically Dark Rangers/Banshees for undead) sounds awesome.

I fucking love zone ideas.

And I'd like a 4th spec for a couple classes (ranged Pally DPS, Lock tanks)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigman1212 View Post
    So...j/k lolol?
    And as we told everyone, this was not real. GG.
    Last edited by Lime; 2013-09-12 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Typo

Yep close the thread, its not real at all.

This is totally legit guys.

You see? 90% of the time the guy is accurate everytime.