Poll: Would you accept Lor'themar Theron as your Warchief

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    in my eyes it wouldnt make any sense too pick someone else then Vol'jin as new warchief (well except prehaps thrall).

considering he is the one who starts the rebellion amongst the Horde races and all the others rally towards.
    its true that other faction leaders already clashed with garrosh but they didnt turn on him till they had Vol'jin actually rising up agianst Garrosh.
    therefore an other faction leader too become Warchief of Vol'jin would be weird.

the only other alternative i find appealing and actually preferable, would more be of a War Council.
    though this may grind the Horde too an hold, since opions might greatly vary. especially between the Forsaken (and prehaps Blood Elves?) and orcs/trolls/tauren.

Who the hell is Lor'Themar?

I would be more likely to start leveling some of my Horde alts again if they made the Horde story less Orc centered. Lor' themar as Warchief would be a good step in that direction.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    the only other alternative i find appealing and actually preferable, would more be of a War Council.
    most signs point to a Warchief, not much would seem to change in that political structure

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Who the hell is Lor'Themar?
    some woman who escaped from the kitchens of Silvermoon
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    uhm, i wouldn't object to it becuase hes an elf, but more becuase he's not been involved much in horde politics apart from a little bit in MoP.

i actually quite liked him on isle of thunder, he sounded more horde than he ever has done before, if he had been like that for a few more expacs i'd say yes.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Woodgela View Post
    Pretty annoyed if this is he case, prob the absolute number 1 worst pick for warchief. The warchief should epitomize strength and power not be a limp wristed doughnut puncher. I was hoping to never hear that voice acting again *cringe*. Was really hoping he would be killed violently and brutally on isle of thunder but no go.
    100% what you said. Thought I was the only one who felt this way...>.< That voice acting was so, so bad.

Maybe he'll die in the 5.4 cinematic or 5.5! *looks hopeful*

Lor'themar as Warchief makes all sorts of sense in-universe, within the context of the story they have been telling, but I think that they are too aware of how much unreasoning butthurt they would get over it to actually do it.

Politically, it makes worlds of sense -- Lor'themar is a unifying presence, after a fashion. Namely, distrust. Anyone who replaces Garrosh will still have the people who supported him to deal with (I'm talking about at the grunt/peon/man on the street level). Where they'd have gone from probably liking Vol'jin or Baine well enough to hating them as enemies or traitors, Lor'themar has probably always been a distant and suspicious presence in the Horde, so ironically, he represents the closest possible option for returning the Horde's general population to its pre-rebellion status quo. Also, he has the advantage of being unquestionably the closest thing the Horde has to someone who can at least talk to Sylvanas, if not control her, can relate to her on some level and hopefully keep her in check. Also, he has the best diplomatic potential with the Alliance, whom the Horde will probably want to *not* resume immediate open warfare with right away.

But blood elf! So NO! NO NO NO NO! they will say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    People would think its a game centered around fashion, living lavish and Ru Paul.
    No reason they couldn't also make it an opportunity to revamp the general perspective of them and end their own jokes against them. No reason good looking guys can't be badass...

Quote Originally Posted by The plumber View Post
    Well my "bullshit" is true and proven. It's based on facts. People just like pretty things and that's why they play blood elves. The majority of people play them because Blood elves are much more "prettier" than all the other races of the Horde and not because of their lore and there is no way that you can convince me that the majority of people play them because they like their lore and not because they are "pretty".
    And what is this? People like things that are visually appealing to them, and... this is somehow wrong? I mean, that's life after all, in the real world, I fail to see how this is wrong. Or is it just boring because it's real life preferences in a game.

In reality, for a while I didn't even give the Blood Elves much thought. I was (and still am) centrally a Rogue fan and less so on specific races. (And other than admittedly a small little fangirl pixel crush on Belf males, I still don't care much about race specifically.) Came across artwork online at some point that featured a Blood Elf Rogue and then came across some of their lore and became interested in them. Yeah, I personally I think my Belf is a good looking guy and I'm rather proud of how he's turned out as a character, no shame in that really. It's not like he's the only race sitting in my account, I've go some of the classically "unpretty" ones as well, I see no harm in him looking good.

I don't know how anyone could think any of that was "proven true." I'm a woman in my 30s, Justina Beeper is nauseating, the kid's a physiological ass rash, in my not so humble opinion, and needs to go home and leave the world alone. Maybe some Beiber fans like Blood Elves, but that doesn't mean Blood Elf players are automatically kiddies who like Beiber. To be honest all the youngsters that make their Belf out to be a ditzy teenager is, to me, just... Though I assume they are probably teens as well. I consider my main characters to be my age or, for the Belf, the biological equivalent...still youngish, but he ain't no crazy Beiberish kiddie, has nothing to do with that set, and is strongly against /hairflipping and that nonsense.

But why am I even going on about this. ..oh yeah, an opportunity to discuss Blood elves. *tries to shove fangirl back into hiding*

Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    No reason they couldn't also make it an opportunity to revamp the general perspective of them and end their own jokes against them. No reason good looking guys can't be badass...
    Generally speaking, blood elves are SUPPOSED to look badass...more like Nozdormu's model with the funky hairstyles and tattoos than the way they are depicted with the models in game. Hopefully updated models will address this...assuming new models roll out sometime this decade...*cough* :P

Off-topic: Always makes me chuckle seeing people being stuck in calling blood elves still a girly pixie race, maybe they should ignore their ingame appearance for a moment, read what they've been through and then come back with a better excuse for Lor'themar to not to be a leader.

Blizzard might've made them a bit of a joke race ingame to some extent but in art, lore and shorties they are most of times portrayed differently, as people that have been through rough, dark times but still manage to have their proud moments.

Of course everyones allowed their opinion, but it gets pretty tiring to see a promising character be dismissed just because of their race from what I've seen most give as an excuse in Mmo champ.

Edit: Don't wish to really argue and derail the post in any possible way with what I posted, but more of just saying, nor im not pointing fingers either.

Deleted
    As I said on other threads, I can't see someone that negotiated the departure of the Kingdom of Quel'thalas from the Horde and to join the Alliance as the leader of that same Horde. It speaks alot of how Lor'themar really thinks, that his main concern is his people and nothing more.

He joined the Darkspear Rebellion because he was left with no choice after the Purge of Dalaran.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe his own people are his main concern, but if he ended up with others relying on his leadership as well I think he'd be a fair one really and not only take his own people as his sole consideration. If a leader is fair the others kinda do become somewhat his people, too, as far as looking to him for that leadership.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    Maybe his own people are his main concern, but if he ended up with others relying on his leadership as well I think he'd be a fair one really and not only take his own people as his sole consideration. If a leader is fair the others kinda do become somewhat his people, too, as far as looking to him for that leadership.
    It's not about leadership, it's about, like Vol'jin says, "family". It shows that he doesn't care about the other races of the Horde. For that the Horde have Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    It's not about leadership, it's about, like Vol'jin says, "family". It shows that he doesn't care about the other races of the Horde. For that the Horde have Garrosh.
    I don't really think Lor'Themar gives a damn about the other Horde races, my vibe anyways.

MMO-Champion also isn't the best place to get an unbiased opinion on a Blood Elf leader, as many MMO-C posters are die-hard Blood Elf players, usually have 10-20+ Blood Elf characters on their account (No Orcs, of course, hehe) and get into massive, 200 page arguments about Blood Elves being innocent during the Dalaran fiasco.

Its no wonder "Lor'Themar has my vote!^_^!!!" Is winning right now.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2013-08-26 at 01:46 AM.

After what went down with Jaina in the Isle of Thunder, I really can't see Varian "letting" anyone else. Should be interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    To be fair, the blood elves and Forsaken have always kind of been the John Bender to the rest of the Horde's Breakfast Club. That being said, Lor'themar is also markedly less antagonistic toward the other leaders and races than Garrosh was--it's a difference in basic thought processes. Garrosh believes in muscling everyone into place, being a born warrior, while Lor'themar is a born politician (much to his chagrin), being able to talk circles around people before they have a chance to realize they're being manipulated.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    After what went down with Jaina in the Isle of Thunder, I really can't see Varian "letting" anyone else. Should be interesting.
    Ikr, some hot flirting action going on between Jaina and Lor'themar imo. You know Jaina wants some blood elf tail, screw Kalecgos!

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda just part of the retarded "BLOODELVES R' COOL" cirlcjerk. He's not fit at all. Not to mention that the leader of the Horde will only ever be an Orc; Specifically, Thrall. Because Metzen.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Kinda just part of the retarded "BLOODELVES R' COOL" cirlcjerk. He's not fit at all. Not to mention that the leader of the Horde will only ever be an Orc; Specifically, Thrall. Because Metzen.
    Blood Elves are EVERYTHING on the Horde. Most played race, more BEs than all other races combined on RP servers, everyone cares about the BE story and nobody gives a crap about lore like Gnome, Troll, Undead.

If we get Lor'Themar as a warchief. Its fan service and nothing more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    To be fair, the blood elves and Forsaken have always kind of been the John Bender to the rest of the Horde's Breakfast Club. That being said, Lor'themar is also markedly less antagonistic toward the other leaders and races than Garrosh was--it's a difference in basic thought processes. Garrosh believes in muscling everyone into place, being a born warrior, while Lor'themar is a born politician (much to his chagrin), being able to talk circles around people before they have a chance to realize they're being manipulated.
    And that's why I don't see Lor'themar as Warchief. Not because he is a Blood Elf, but because he his (as you correctly said) a politician that cares only about his own people.