Poll: Would you accept Lor'themar Theron as your Warchief

Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

Question How would you feel about Lor'themar Theron as Warchief?

The new expansion "leak" is getting a lot of attention right now. True or not, it features a great number of things that I would deem awesome. But one thing it mentions, is Warchief Lor'themar.

Now this thread won't be for debating if it's true or not. The legitimacy of the leak has two threads to discuss already. What I'm interested in knowing, is if people would accept the leader of the Blood Elves, Lor'themar Theron, as Warchief of the Horde.

So keep in mind, this poll is not about if you think it'll be him or not. It's about if you personally would accept him as the pick for Warchief.

I'd feel weird. not many years ago, sylvanas was lorthemar's boss as a ranger. to see her obeying him would be just sad lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would never trust him, the blood elves are a bad choice for leader.

A tauren would be a better leader more in line with Thrall, and less likely to turn into another Garrosh. Baine is a far better choice for a level headed leader to push the horde into a new dawn.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope.

As I said on the other thread, its the equivalent of sticking a white american socialite in charge of Afghanistan. Lor'themar belongs in his own kingdom, not becoming wrapped up in politics with every member of the horde, especially those on kalimdor.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it better then Vol'jin. I hate Vol'jin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    I hate Vol'jin.
    What's wrong with Vol'jin mon?
    Hi

Blood elves are my favorite race, but their image is pretty much the opposite of what we associate with the Horde. So I wouldn't want him as Warchief.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it better then Vol'jin. I hate Vol'jin.
    at least vol'jin understands about living rough, warfare and has some small degree of political understanding. He's a better combination then someone who can't even stand bad smells.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    at least vol'jin understands about living rough, warfare and has some small degree of political understanding. He's a better combination then someone who can't even stand bad smells.
    He also got one shot by a mob that I killed in a scenario.

Dude is a scrub.

10+ Year Old Account
    lorthomer is the opposite of Garrosh in my book where garrosh was the saturday night stag do on a rampage lorthemer is the refined teaparty .

In other words he,s the perfect diplomat the one best suited to rebuilding the fractured horde after garrosh,s blood lust .

Also voljin just lead an insurrection against the rightfully elected warchief(no matter how good his intentions its still an insurrection).sylvanis uses chemical warfare and does everything to advance her own factions agenda .

So its either lorthermar or cairnes son and baine isnt on the ground work long enough . so ye lorthermer is the best of a load of bad choices and might surprise a few people .

H,ed also go a long way towards calming things with teh alliance as he can be seen to be rebuilding etc rather than conquest so might set up more of a confrontation along story line with surprise attacks etc .he brings a considerable deal mroe too the story advancement than any of the other 3 options.
    Faith Manages

It doesn't make sense for him to become warchief. He was even trying to get back into the alliance before Jaina went ape shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be alright with it. Not my ideal choice--those being either Saurfang, Vol'jin, or a "Hey guys I'm not actually dead!" Nazgrim.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

So he would go from a punchline to the warchief in the length of one expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lezarin View Post
    Also voljin just lead an insurrection against the rightfully elected warchief(no matter how good his intentions its still an insurrection).
    Garrosh was appointed by the previous Warchief, not elected, and the other leaders never hesitated to call Thrall out on that decision. Flash forward a few years and Garrosh's blatantly-racist policies involve using the blood elves, trolls, Forsaken, and tauren as cannon fodder to keep his ubermenschen safe, which is what kicks off the insurrection to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    What's wrong with Vol'jin mon?
    Vol'jin never accepted Garrosh as warchief. I think he's a traitor and I blame him for causing Garrosh not to trust non-orc horde members and sending him down the path of wanting a orc only horde. I also think Garrosh's only crime was turning on our non-orc horde friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Blood elves are my favorite race, but their image is pretty much the opposite of what we associate with the Horde. So I wouldn't want him as Warchief.
    My thoughts. He's a great leader but these particular boots just don't fit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    So he would go from a punchline to the warchief in the length of one expansion?
    Garrosh went from warchief to psycho
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Garrosh went from warchief to psycho
    Garrosh did what he had to do for the Horde. Had the rest of the Horde not been so blind, he would have conquered Azeroth already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vol'jin never accepted Garrosh as warchief. I think he's a traitor and I blame him for causing Garrosh not to trust non-orc horde members and sending him down the path of wanting a orc only horde. I also think Garrosh's only crime was turning on our non-orc horde friends.
    Even disregarding that the entire reason Horde players go to Pandaria is because Garrosh is an imperialistic, wannabe-world-conquering dickbag, his racist policies alone more than validate the rebellion, especially now that he's dabbling in Sha magic and twisting his loyalists into abominations.

Vol'jin never accepted Garrosh because Garrosh has done nothing but make life worse for his Darkspears and the tauren. If Hellscream never mobilized in Ashenvale, breaking the treaties signed between Varian and Thrall, the Alliance wouldn't have counterattacked in the Barrens, leading to the tauren having to militarize (which is something their culture was not designed to do at a moment's notice). Vol'jin left Orgrimmar because the loa showed him where Hellscream was taking the Darkspears--he was going to lead them to oblivion for the sake of furthering Garrosh's orcs-first agenda.

There's a fine line between being a traitor and being a revolutionary, and it's one Vol'jin has managed to avoid crossing the same way nobody really considers George Washington a traitor to the English crown these days.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Garrosh did what he had to do for the Horde. Had the rest of the Horde not been so blind, he would have conquered Azeroth already.
    Being blind and refusing to goosestep into Hell alongside an increasingly-power-mad dictator are two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I disagree; I feel that if you read his lore, from being a high ranking veteran of the 2nd and 3rd wars, to his diplomacy and making some tough decisions; he has done more fighting and bloodshed, and more diplomacy and decision making than Vol'Jin ever has.