Poll: Would you accept Lor'themar Theron as your Warchief

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Garrosh did what he had to do for the Horde. Had the rest of the Horde not been so blind, he would have conquered Azeroth already.
    Yup, all the while wasting troops in a pointless war and reducing his forces even more, but at least he runs Azeroth now right? Except now there is no Alliance around to divide the legions attention when they show up. Lot of good that would have done Garrosh. Conquers the planet only to have it play right into the legions hands as there is now far less overall resistance. Garrosh literally wants to become just like the ancient Mogu empire, and we see how well that's doing these days.

The Horde needs the alliance and the alliance needs the horde. They make eachother strong and help to remind eachother what they as a faction stand for. Garrosh loves his horde but totally ignores the fact that the horde he loves would not even exist if not for the alliance. Only the wise horde leaders like Lor'themar, Vol'jin and Saurfang understand this.

Now more OT: Love him as a leader, he's probably the most intelligent and tactical leader the horde has. Would he make a good warchief though? Probably but it won't happen due to him being to human looking and being needed to watch over Eastern Kingdoms. Obviously can't rely on Slyvannas for that(or anything really). He just doesn't fit the role. Saurfang will get the role, as he fits all the qualifications and currently has no other major responsibilities.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-08-25 at 07:29 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It doesn't make sense for him to become warchief. He was even trying to get back into the alliance before Jaina went ape shit.
    His cause to put his people first is a great sign of leadership, actually. They were cannon fodder, and he wasn't going to stand by and let it happen, and his forces weren't large enough to overthrow the tyrant. There was little choice.

Hm, would Lor'themar be fine with stepping up to take the rank of a Warchief when in the short story of his he felt rather nay-saying towards being a leader to the blood elves already. Of course with Isle of Thunder events we saw his personality rise to that of a competent and good character, would Blizzard be up for taking that even further?

Personally it's so-so to me, nay due to the doubts he had(?) for leading his people and yay for more civilized, stable and diplomatic leader like Thrall were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I would love to see it, imagine....arcane and blood golems patrolling the streets of every horde city....keeping peace and order and seceretly removing those who would speak out against our great warchief from the city... a rule that would usher the sin'dorei and ofcourse the lesser races of the horde into a new age! Free from strife and alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Half of me actually wants to see a blood elf becomes Warchief, because such a drastic change from the norm is pretty interesting. He's also been a really cool character in the MoP storyline.

The other half wants me to see the absolute outrage from the Horde babies who can't deal with anything if it's not "m-muh orc warchief!", and drink their delicious tears.

So please Blizzard, bring on Lor'themar!

Yeah, judging Garrosh tactics to invade the Twilight Highland , I wonder how he managed to invade Ashenvale and have succes in Northrend campaign.

Lor'themar seems by far the most logical choice in the personnality aspect for a war tactical leader

Deleted
    I don't really like blood elves, and I would prefer to have a tauren as warchief, but Lor'themar seem pretty cool to have as warchief, Vol'jin doesn't fit and Saurfang seem like a kinda boring character in my opinion. Will be strange to have a blood elf ruling over the mighty Horde if he becomes warchief. Also if he should be warchief he should grow a beard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    at least vol'jin understands about living rough, warfare and has some small degree of political understanding. He's a better combination then someone who can't even stand bad smells.
    Yes because as I said in the other thread, it's not like Lor'themar had to endure having his homeland ravaged by the Scourge, having the majority of his people butchered, then persecuted by human racists, having your prince and half of your remaining people leave you to your magical addiction while they ally with demons, then having your people being persecuted just as badly as before from the new Warchief, and leading the assault against one of the most powerful tyrants in the history of your world... Except he has. So what exactly has Vol'jin done that makes him so much better at living rough, warfare and politics...? Other than him just being a troll of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrandu View Post
    Hm, would Lor'themar be fine with stepping up to take the rank of a Warchief when in the short story of his he felt rather nay-saying towards being a leader to the blood elves already. Of course with Isle of Thunder events we saw his personality rise to that of a competent and good character, would Blizzard be up for taking that even further?

Personally it's so-so to me, nay due to the doubts he had(?) for leading his people and yay for more civilized, stable and diplomatic leader like Thrall were.
    The best leaders are often the reluctant ones, the ones who don't want to do it, but know what has to be done for the good of their people. Most people forget that being a leader is a servile role.

I, too like him as a leader but as warchief it would seem a bit strange. The blood elves don't really want to be in the Horde and the Horde didn't really want to accept them in in the first place, it's an alliance of necessity.
    Lor'Themar was in secret negotiations to join the alliance a few months ago and now he should become Warchief of the Horde ? The logical consequence of his politics would the the end of the war and the merging of both sides...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I, too like him as a leader but as warchief it would seem a bit strange. The blood elves don't really want to be in the Horde and the Horde didn't really want to accept them in in the first place, it's an alliance of necessity.
    Lor'Themar was in secret negotiations to join the alliance a few months ago and now he should become Warchief of the Horde ? The logical consequence of his politics would the the end of the war and the merging of both sides...
    Lor'Themar was doing what he believed was right for his people. Would you let your people be persecuted and treated like garbage just to have the privilege of being part of "the Horde"? I think his willingness and connections with the Alliance is precisely why he will be appointed as Warchief. What should be understood is that it's been heavily implied that the reason the Alliance just leaves Orgrimmar is because they were satisfied with who was left as Warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I'd feel weird. not many years ago, sylvanas was lorthemar's boss as a ranger. to see her obeying him would be just sad lol

Why ? All things change,Sylvanas is no superpower that can own everything. Just look at how Lor'themar talks to her in the Siege of Orgrimmar.

He does not fear her at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    I disagree; I feel that if you read his lore, from being a high ranking veteran of the 2nd and 3rd wars, to his diplomacy and making some tough decisions; he has done more fighting and bloodshed, and more diplomacy and decision making than Vol'Jin ever has.
    This, basically. Lor'themar stood his ground during the Horde invasion in the Second War. His party and him had Zul'jin's life in their hands, but they didn't kill him. He did everything he could during the third war, battling on a lot of battlefields and defending the Sunwell until the fall of the King. After that, he defended his Prince Kael'Thas from the Scourge and the Amani while the Prince tried to neutralize the corrupted Sunwell. He followed orders and enlisted the aid of the Blood Knights and finding a cure for his people. After Kael'Thas abandoned them, he led his people and made connections with the Horde in order to survive. He never sold his people out and always looked for their best interest. When Garrosh used his men for his tyrannical goals, Lor'Themar saw his true colors and realized that is not the best leader for his people. Now, he laid siege to the Throne of Thunder and emerged victorious.

So I would say Lor'Themar Theron is a really good candidate for Warchief and could bring a lot of good to his people. With his new golems, he could do wonders for the future of the Horde.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there's a cool idea that can be done with this.

Let's say Lor'themar is Warchief, he's not going to sit in Orgrimmar, why should he? New orc leader gets placed there, say Saurfang is now "Lord of the Clans", the changes in the later patch are made to reflect that Orgrimmar is no longer "THE" Horde capital, rather it's "A" Horde capital. Similar thing happens in Stormwind, they finally repair the park and the docks after 5.4.

OK so Lor'themar is back in Silvermoon? Warchief in title only? Well since the Warchief is now in Silvermoon, this gives Blizzard the opportunity to revamp Silvermoon. Take back a larger chunk of the city, make it a flying zone, put in teleporters that go direct to Orgrimmar, have it set up for something big... Yup! The base of operations for the Horde side "Army of Light", and the main city for the Burning Legion expansion.

But wait, what about Alliance? Well, guess what? The Exodar is already fixed, it's overdue for a makeover too! Have it floating in the air like Tempest Keep, redo the layout a bit to make it more attractive for Alliance players, make it a fly zone, put in a teleporter to Stormwind, and have Anduin be relocated there to represent the Alliance side "Army of Light" alongside Velen.

10+ Year Old Account

Felt this was somewhat relevant.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Yup, all the while wasting troops in a pointless war and reducing his forces even more

The Horde needs the alliance and the alliance needs the horde. They make eachother strong
    those two points completely contradict each other
    Us killing each other makes us strong......no wait! Us killing each other makes us weak in the face of some aliens from outer space that may or may not ever come
    Last edited by Dreknar20; 2013-08-25 at 08:13 PM.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    I like it better then Vol'jin. I hate Vol'jin.

Same, i hate all trolls due to their terrible voiceacting and jamaican-whatever-style.

Although i've never heard of this Lorthemar guy.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    His cause to put his people first is a great sign of leadership, actually.
    Thats funny, cause the current Warchief follows that mindset
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    For someone who prides himself on his lore knowledge you sure as hell failed massively here.

OT: I dont think Lor'Themar wants to be the Warchief, he's proved himself to the BE's but I doubt he cares much about leading the Horde, seeing as how both the factions are just necessities to the elves.
    He has said in game that him becoming Warchief is what it might come down to. He would easily take up the mantle if he was convinced that the only way the Horde and his people, and indeed the world, could survive is if there was a Horde leader who was more malleable towards the Alliance. Vol'jin and Baine sure as hell aren't leaders that Varian would want to treat with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Thats funny, cause the current Warchief follows that mindset
    He's not a strong leader because he puts his people first before other races, he's a strong leader because he puts his people's interests first before his own.

Deleted
    I wouldn't mind, but I'd prefer to see him in a more active advisory role to the Warchief, he doesn't have that "warchief vibe" about him, but he could sure be a useful advisor to whatever Warchief we do have.

The best leaders are often the reluctant ones, the ones who don't want to do it, but know what has to be done for the good of their people. Most people forget that being a leader is a servile role.
    Oh aye I agree with that, and as you said, with the history Lor'themar has behind his buckle due to what happened to his people he surely is more prepared for leading, even if he doesn't want to admit that. It was really refreshing to see him take action at Isle of Thunder.

I love the idea of redoing Silvermoon aswell, maybe at some point they could actually make the area the scar left behind Silvermoon's walls habitable.

Heres hoping that they open Draenei and Blood elf starting zones to flying mounts, it's quite funny that at some parts of Eversong there is invisible objects in the air that I've hit when jumping just from ground level, and also showing me that I can mount up on a flying mount too.