Poll: Would you accept Lor'themar Theron as your Warchief

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorfire View Post
    the "talks" are taking place after lor'themar and the bloodelves' terrible treatment by garrosh, which is during the planning stage of the rebellion. but really? saying it's justified for him NOT to look for aid inside the horde first is a bit much, when someone in charge is treating you and EVERYONE ELSE badly you don't start by going to the enemy team, you start by seeing if the other people he's treating like dirt will help you get him out of the way. instead of doing the smart thing and not making the people he's closest to his enemies he starts talks for joining the alliance while the forsaken are still in his land.

and on your comment that we need to look at what's recent, again, he wasn't an actual effective leader until EXTREMELY recently, you don't base leadership on a guess that his decisiveness will stick around after it only just showed up.
    A rebellion isn't a rebellion until it's actually started, no one puts the lives of their people at risk for "planning stages" especially not if the soon to be rebel leader was presumed dead for a good amount of time. Also, who was Lor'themar supposed to turn to in the Horde? Vol'jin, presumed dead and his people equally as oppressed and persecuted? Baine, a world away and busy with ensuring that his own people don't get butchered inside Garrosh's city? Sylvanas and Gallywix only ever care about themselves and their own business. Lor'themar, Silvermoon, and the Sunreaver Onslaught were on their own up until 5.4. You'll see that once Vol'jin did start the rebellion, and once he cleaned up in Isle of Thunder, Lor'themar DOES go to the aid of his persecuted allies.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Yeah, judging Garrosh tactics to invade the Twilight Highland , I wonder how he managed to invade Ashenvale
    Blame the Night Elves.

Deleted
    Only with a total blood elf model overhaul that gets rid of their homosexual retard feeling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tinyninja View Post
    Lor'themar DOES go to the aid of his persecuted allies.
    Because he had no other choice, the Purge of Dalaran made impossible for Lor'themar to make deals with the Alliance again.

I want him to be warchief badly just so i can see all the tears and rage of the people who jump on the i hate belf bandwagon.

As a long standing Blood Elf player. Since TBC, almost all my characters are Blood Elves. I'd love to see Lor'Themar as warchief, he has been ignored for so long. I assumed he would be a couple months ago since he has spent part of this expansion showing what kind of leader he can be. But now I think someone else will be warchief, and it's not one of the faction leaders.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ronyc View Post
    Only with a total blood elf model overhaul that gets rid of their homosexual retard feeling.
    How about you read elf lore and then rephrase your homophobic post. All elves have a vain quality to them, they prefer the looks of things over anything else. That doesn't make them homosexual. I'm straight but I prefer my characters all have gear that matches, and even mounts to match the gear. I must be a homosexual as well....oh wait..I just said I was straight.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

it's like paris hilton becoming the usa president, a terrible choice from a lore stand point; not only he is a blood elf a race that is allied to the horde just for the sake of game mechanic but also a character without any charisma that got 2 quest in the last xpack after ages of "who?" jokes.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    People need to start coming to terms with it, rather than wondering if he'd be a good fit.

Assuming Metzen doesn't ejaculate Thrall into everyone's face where he doesn't belong, yet again, Lor'themar Theron is going to be the next Warchief.

It's funny we are at a point where Thrall doesn't "belong" as Warchief but a Blood Elf does. LMFAO!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vensu24 View Post
    It's funny we are at a point where Thrall doesn't "belong" as Warchief but a Blood Elf does. LMFAO!
    the orcs would never approve of a blood elf.
    Hi

If that is true, i bet it has to be because of him being the only horde leader that Varian would accept. At least it would make sense, much better than the alliance simply saying "well guys, we are done here, cya!" at the end of the siege. And maybe is just something temporary, as some kind of condition for a temporal truce.

Baine would be a much more desirable Warchief for the Alliance, in addition to his friendship with Anduin even Pyscho Jaina respects him.

Baine would be a much more desirable Warchief for the Alliance, in addition to his friendship with Anduin even Pyscho Jaina respects him.
    I agree, Baine would be better and also more accepted by horde players, but if we have to assume that Warchief Bob is true, then that would be my explanation, also the fact that he had conversations with Varian to join the alliance (Psycho Jaina screwed that) could be a big hint in that direction. Anyway, we'll find soon

After he showed his disloyalty to the Horde by attempting to rejoin the Alliance, I would not want him anywhere near the title of Warchief.

He, just like Garrosh, only cares for his own peoples' well being.

I think he could do it, and I think the Alliance might trust him more in the role than they would Baine or Vol'jin. After all, Varian was in talks with him to bring the Blood Elves back to the Alliance before Jaina went overboard in her actions against the Sunreavers.

As for the rest of the Horde, I imagine Baine and Vol'jin would support it as long as they felt they had a voice in how things went from there on in, and Sylvanas would probably not oppose it, though her support might be of dubious quality. If Thrall's drawn back into the politics of guiding the Orcs, I expect he would support it as well, or whoever ends up dealing with Orcish leadership. I expect the backlash of shame against the Orcs for allowing Garrosh to go as far as he did will see them getting a more diplomatic leader.

Kinda funny, really. The Horde fractures into more individual leaderships like the Alliance, while the Alliance draws together in purpose and direction like the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    the orcs would never approve of a blood elf.
    I think after Garrosh, they don't have much say in the matter; they've proven that not all orcs are worthy of being warchief, and when you are in an alliance of many races, they all should be able to take the reigns if they are a proven leader; which, Garrosh wasn't, he was a proven war mongerer and a huge mistake by Thrall hoping the job would change him for the better, not for the worse as it has.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    After he showed his disloyalty to the Horde by attempting to rejoin the Alliance, I would not want him anywhere near the title of Warchief.

He, just like Garrosh, only cares for his own peoples' well being.
    As another poster put it better, he cares for his people's interests and well being.

But you twisting the situation is dishonest. Garrosh commits genocide for 'his people'. Theron wishes to leave the tyrannical leader and his people being use as worthless pawns for a healthier, peaceful 'alliance'.

He would essentially be picking the lesser of two evils, for the safety of his people. If he is warchief, he gets to make the choices to protect -all- of the horde.

A great leader knows when to fight, and when not to fight. He has shed much blood in his years. A great warrior, will not needlessly shed blood or send their people in to die in mass for a small advantage unless absolutely necessary. Saurfang, a great orc believes this way as well.

What you suggest is staying with an ally no matter what dark path they go down. That is just blind and stupid. Let us say a country that is your ally, starts killing people based on race, sends in your troops to the front lines to die, and acts like a dictatorship with an iron fist. You are saying that it takes more courage as a leader to follow orders like a good boy than to reassess your allegiances for the betterment of your citizens? Are you being daft?

10+ Year Old Account
    There wasn't a choice that fit how I felt about this subject so, I have not voted.

I personally don't think Lor'themar Theron deserves the reins of the Horde, he deserves better. He shouldn't turn towards leadership of the Horde, but instead turn towards his people and possible try and work better with the High Elves.

He should turn away from a position of leading the Horde, and follow his people and himself down another path. He's been build so well in Mists of Pandaria, I would want way more of him and his choices. He didn't chose to become a leader of the Blood Elves, yet he's become a might fine leader.

They, Lor'themar and his people, have a lot to go through still. Rebuilding of their lands, rejoining with the shattered groups of the Sunreavers - they as well, need a new home after being banished from Dalaran.

I would hope for them all to take tools in hand, to rebuild their home to house Silvermoon's people, as well as the people of the Sunreavers.

I forsee a lot happening within the Horde, but I do not vote for Lor'themar being the head of the Horde.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I like him, but it would be like a white dude bring president in South Africa.

It's true that Lor'themar was making a consideration about leaving the Horde with his people, but he wasn't the only one. Vol'jin had been considering it since Garrosh came into power. Baine and Sylvanas would likely have made such plans too, if they didn't feel their people would be placed in incredible danger by such a move, considering their position. Right near Orgrimmar, for Baine, and with Alliance on her doorstep, and angry orcs in her city, for Sylvanas.

I don't think his consideration about staying with the Horde or not disqualifies him as a potential for Warchief. It's taken time for all leaders to see the others were as willing as they to oppose Garrosh. To believe they have the strength to take back the Horde, together.

10+ Year Old Account
    By far one of the least insane candidates.
    At least he is smart, and does not seek war for wars sake and would probably be less likely to be blindsided by Sylvanas' conspiring, and would show proper deference to the tauren, and is not a little snivelling punk like Vol'jin

- - - Updated - - -

I like Baine, but i don't have the same respect or confidence in his wisdom and experience that i had for his father.