Poll: Would you accept Lor'themar Theron as your Warchief

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    the classic horde we had ogres, not zombies.

so the 'classic feel' of the horde have been irrelevant for like 7 years.

Org could use some better interior design and landscaping, I'm all for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't really care.

10+ Year Old Account
    #LorthemarForWarchief2013

10+ Year Old Account
    I play on an RP server and yes I RP. Our RP is heavily based on lore. Now blizzard has done things in the past that are not lore appropriate or contradict their own lore in which red shirt guy so graciously pointed out at blizz con, but this would be it for me. Warchief is an orcish title. Horde was all orcs with some ogres in the beginning. I do not believe this would be fitting lore wise at all what so ever. It would be cool for all the kids who play elves but from an RP standpoint, it makes zero sense to have the leader of the least populated race (again lore) be the warchief. In the past it has always been the strongest person in the strongest clan. Lore wise elves are still not as strong as orcs even though the sunwell was restored. They need to grow in numbers and that will take many years. I could see Baine or another orc taking the title of warchief but not anyone else. I think the orcs would not respect Lor'thermar or sylvannas and would therefore succeed and likewise. lor thermar and sylvannas joined out of convenience, they do not plan to stay in it forever. If an elf takes the throne I will be finding a different game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Nope.

As I said on the other thread, its the equivalent of sticking a white american socialite in charge of Afghanistan. Lor'themar belongs in his own kingdom, not becoming wrapped up in politics with every member of the horde, especially those on kalimdor.
    and why could it be the other way around? why can "Add orc name here" do that? and lorthemar can't?

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    and why could it be the other way around? why can "Add orc name here" do that? and lorthemar can't?
    Because Trassk just loves his green sex-machines.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because I haven't played the last few content patches I still don't know who this dude really is. To me he's still "the paperwork guy". Someone who's come to prominence so recently should not be warchief imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexighar View Post
    I play on an RP server and yes I RP. Our RP is heavily based on lore. Now blizzard has done things in the past that are not lore appropriate or contradict their own lore in which red shirt guy so graciously pointed out at blizz con, but this would be it for me. Warchief is an orcish title. Horde was all orcs with some ogres in the beginning. I do not believe this would be fitting lore wise at all what so ever. It would be cool for all the kids who play elves but from an RP standpoint, it makes zero sense to have the leader of the least populated race (again lore) be the warchief. In the past it has always been the strongest person in the strongest clan. Lore wise elves are still not as strong as orcs even though the sunwell was restored. They need to grow in numbers and that will take many years. I could see Baine or another orc taking the title of warchief but not anyone else. I think the orcs would not respect Lor'thermar or sylvannas and would therefore succeed and likewise. lor thermar and sylvannas joined out of convenience, they do not plan to stay in it forever. If an elf takes the throne I will be finding a different game.
    There is no rule that says only an orc can be the Warchief. Warchief is perceived as an orcish title because the only option for Warchief has only ever been an orc . The Warchief is the leader of the Horde, not just the orcs, and the Horde now is made up of many races, not just the one or two that you like. I would prefer that my faction leader be someone who is capable and experienced, rather than resort to nepotism AGAIN and pick another orc because it HAS to be an orc for some made up reason. I think of everyone, the orcs have the least say in who gets to be Warchief after so many of them willingly followed Garrosh on his genocidal rampage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    Because I haven't played the last few content patches I still don't know who this dude really is. To me he's still "the paperwork guy". Someone who's come to prominence so recently should not be warchief imo.
    well that happens in real life all the time
    Stalin was just a paper-work guy and he went from mid-level bureaucrat to the most powerful individual world leader in about 20 years.

anyway, Lor'themar seems like a dark horse, but that's the whole point of a dark horse, you can't really anticipate one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Because bias, that's why :P

If this was anything realistic the Forsaken and Sin'dorei would veto any Orc-choice.

This is as much Warcraft: Blood Elves vs. Humans as it is Warcraft: Orcs vs. Humans.
    That's to say: Not at all, it is World of Warcraft.

Anyone who wants an Orc as Warchief can piss off and play a Classic-Pandaria private server \o/
    Pretty much my thoughts. This orc supremacist crap is getting out of hand, they're statistically more like than anyone to have terrible leaders. Out of all the races on the horde, they're the only one with a large part still corrupted and driven by blood lust.

It's time this evolved and the mantle of war-chief evolved with it unto a leader who actually has a chance of making a solid horde again. Hint: that isn't an orc.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Pretty much my thoughts. This orc supremacist crap is getting out of hand, they're statistically more like than anyone to have terrible leaders. Out of all the races on the horde, they're the only one with a large part still corrupted and driven by blood lust.

It's time this evolved and the mantle of war-chief evolved with it unto a leader who actually has a chance of making a solid horde again. Hint: that isn't an orc.
    Yeah, i'm sick of Orcs and humans, i really want to see other races having the spotlight

Not to mention that big chunk of orcs is about to be slaughtered so...

Oh wait, I forget, this is warcraft, where population decline is nonexistant and Metzen pulls entire legions out of nowhere (I would say out of his ass, but I say that so often it is no longer funny (or sad)).

10+ Year Old Account
    A big, massive "Whateeeeever".

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    I would never trust him, the blood elves are a bad choice for leader.

A tauren would be a better leader more in line with Thrall, and less likely to turn into another Garrosh. Baine is a far better choice for a level headed leader to push the horde into a new dawn.
    Let me explain why you're wrong, and why Lor'themar the best possible choice for a new warchief.

We need to take other things into account besides personal prejudices against races. We need to take a look at the individual candidates as well as other things going on in the world, including the direction Blizzard seems to be taking the story (which is toward a more cooperative standpoint between the horde/alliance than enemy).

We all know the legion is returning, and only a fool would ignore Wrathions warnings. Any level headed leader would be less concerned with the horde being their enemy, or alternatively the alliance than the Legion returning.

We know they've been turning Wrynn into a more accepting person than he was initially portrayed including as I understand it, even being open to welcoming the Blood Elves back into the alliance.

Lor'themar does not want to be a politician, he is a reluctant leader, he leads because he must and does what is right for his people. He doesn't seek power, he simply seeks the survival of his people and a future for them. That does NOT mean one needs to go the route of Garrosh or Kael'thas to meet that end.

As a Blood Elf, his people have had former relations with the alliance up to and including once being part of it. It was the works of petty men which sent the Blood Elves into the hordes arms.

The Horde itself is a group of rag-tag people who have come together for survival against hatred and racism. With certain exceptions all the horde (since the time of Thrall) ever wanted was to live in peace. War happened, battles happened, but none of the leaders were ever power hungry twits seeking the ultimate destruction of the alliance.

Lor'themar was man enough to turn away from Jaina and do what was necessary despite his anger at the Sunreavers being imprisoned. Anyone doing those quests knows how pissed he was about them being attacked and imprisoned in Dalaran and how much he wanted them freed. However when faced with the larger picture, he turned and walked away. He knew it wasn't about getting revenge against Jaina for imprisoning his people, he knew it wasn't even about freeing his people. It was about making a stand, putting his weapon down and turning and walking away.

His dialogue clearly has shown he is tired of the racism BOTH sides of shown and as I said above, interested in a future for his people.

The point of all this being is that Lor'themar has shows he is extremely level-headed, is not by any means power hungry, potentially accepted by the alliance and Wrynn, and is a reluctant leader which often works in their favor. Lor'themar can build a future for the Horde that doesn't require the raping of the land or the destruction of the alliance.

Ultimately though, I think a 'council' that has been suggested is the best idea. Each member of the Horde has their own needs and a council would represent that best, though I don't think it would prevent any further incidents like Garrosh. If for example Sylvanas were to completely flip her lid (which I don't agree she has, I think it's deeper than that), a council wouldn't prevent her or her Forsaken from going to war against whoever she chose, just like the threat of the Tauren, Blood Elves, Trolls etc rebelling against Garrosh are stopping him or the orcs loyal to him.

I welcome any replies as to why he'd not make a good leader that aren't simply race related. If you want to say someone would be teh suck as a leader, gives points that aren't simple "taurens are better" or "blood elves can't be trusted".

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Oh wait, I forget, this is warcraft, where population decline is nonexistant and Metzen pulls entire legions out of nowhere (I would say out of his ass, but I say that so often it is no longer funny (or sad)).
    If Metzen couldnt do that we would have stopped making expansions after Wrath
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    at least vol'jin understands about living rough, warfare and has some small degree of political understanding. He's a better combination then someone who can't even stand bad smells.
    Because Blood Elves don't having nearly been made extinct by the scourge then turned on by the alliance, then having their beloved leader go nutcase on them?

Or how about the Tauren and them being mercilessly attacked by centaurs?

The Forsaken having to live with everyone's hate and prejudice?

Lor'themar and Sylvanas are better politicians than Vol'jin, and they all understand living rough. I have come to really like Vol'jin over this expansion but I don't think he'd make the best warchief. He's a follower, not a leader. He had no problem following Thrall (and I don't mean that in a 'it makes him weak' or 'a chump' way). I mean he has no problem following a good leader who does good for the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Garrosh did what he had to do for the Horde. Had the rest of the Horde not been so blind, he would have conquered Azeroth already.
    He never had to do that for the horde. The horde survived fine all this time without a tyrant like Garrosh. The fact that we're not losing Orgrimmar after the seige proves exactly how unnecessary Garrosh' actions were. Garrosh has committed war crimes that escalated the war when actions could have been taken to calm the war.

That and the fact that the burning legion is returning, this was a bad time for Garrosh to go all nutter butters. He should have and could have waited for the legion to be dealt with. Like it or not, the devs have worked it into the story that without a whole horde and a whole alliance we won't survive the next invasion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    Why ? All things change,Sylvanas is no superpower that can own everything. Just look at how Lor'themar talks to her in the Siege of Orgrimmar.

He does not fear her at all.
    Exactly. Just because at one time Sylv was his 'boss' doesn't mean she still is. If we're going to go by that logic, as regeant lord of the Kingdom of Quel'thalas, Sylvanas is his underling now, and if he were to become Warchief even more so.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyninja View Post
    There is no rule that says only an orc can be the Warchief. Warchief is perceived as an orcish title because the only option for Warchief has only ever been an orc . The Warchief is the leader of the Horde, not just the orcs, and the Horde now is made up of many races, not just the one or two that you like. I would prefer that my faction leader be someone who is capable and experienced, rather than resort to nepotism AGAIN and pick another orc because it HAS to be an orc for some made up reason. I think of everyone, the orcs have the least say in who gets to be Warchief after so many of them willingly followed Garrosh on his genocidal rampage.
    Bro, you need to go read a book and make shit up in your head or something.

WoW isn't and never had been about peace and butterflies.

WoW is about War and conflict. I don't know why all you goofs want a peaceful "WAR"chief.

The role Warchief is perceived as a Orc role because Orcs are the foundation and the Leaders of the horde. If it wasn't for Orcs there wouldn't be a Horde.

Every other faction that's in the "Horde" are in it because the Orcs let them.

I'd love it. Then again, I play a blood elf.

Deleted

Some prissy elf as a warchief?! NEVAAH! If Blizz even tries to make such a blasphemous move, my days as a Horde player are DONE.

After all, it's orcs and humans, not elves and humans. Is it so hard to comprehend?