Poll: Would you accept Lor'themar Theron as your Warchief

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If LT becomes Warchief, where will he be stationed? Orgrimmar? Then are they going to replace him in Silvermoon? Would be lame to have the same PvP boss in 2 locations. If he stays in Silvermoon with his people, does Silvermoon become the new capital? Then who is going to be the PvP boss in Orgrimmar?

The easiest solution is make an Orc the new Warchief and copy/paste his abilities from Thrall or Garrosh for the PvP boss. Or just make it Thrall like they originally intended.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-27 at 08:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    If LT becomes Warchief, where will he be stationed? Orgrimmar? Then are they going to replace him in Silvermoon? Would be lame to have the same PvP boss in 2 locations. If he stays in Silvermoon with his people, does Silvermoon become the new capital? Then who is going to be the PvP boss in Orgrimmar?

The easiest solution is make an Orc the new Warchief and copy/paste his abilities from Thrall or Garrosh for the PvP boss. Or just make it Thrall like they originally intended.
    Not really, just put him as warchief, and leave Rommath and Halduron as the leaders of Silvermoon...

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I am somewhat baffled, that she didn't start to train in order to become a lich, given her track record.
    Well, she's only really died 3 times (actual death, suicide, getting her head blown up).

End Time wasn't even really her (it was an Echo), and the vision during Garrosh's fight is a what-if, likely part of the short story where the goblins go through the stories and end up in a "last stand" at Orgrimmar where everyone still left makes a last stand against Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I am somewhat baffled, that she didn't start to train in order to become a lich, given her track record.
    I personally haven't seen her do anything bad, the only bad thing that she have done is when she took Koltira to Undercity to take out his weakness, but in one way or another, Koltira deserved it cause thanks to his friendship with the alliance, many soldiers were dying and he was losing Andorhal

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Well, she's only really died 3 times (actual death, suicide, getting her head blown up).

End Time wasn't even really her (it was an Echo), and the vision during Garrosh's fight is a what-if, likely part of the short story where the goblins go through the stories and end up in a "last stand" at Orgrimmar where everyone still left makes a last stand against Garrosh.
    True, but we have seen her death enought :P, even if those are just visions XD

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    True, but we have seen her death enought :P, even if those are just visions XD
    They're obviously going to do something with her, given all the shit she's been through. And she hasn't been right in the head since her suicide. Hell, even in-game characters have said she's acting more and more like Arthas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    They're obviously going to do something with her, given all the shit she's been through. And she hasn't been right in the head since her suicide. Hell, even in-game characters have said she's acting more and more like Arthas.
    Yeah, is true, that Blizzard is going to do something with her, i mean, they have to deal with the problem, one way is killing her, or finding a way to change the way she acts, IMO as i said before i haven't seen her doing anything wrong... YET

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the better choice is Vol'jinn. He have been in a rough life since he was born, just like Horde, almost died for Horde and does everything for Horde. Lor'themar does everything for his people, but we all know Lor'themar would join Alliance if it was good for Blood Elves. Vol'jinn would never do this. He'd rather die fighting with Horde than become and Alliance Scrub. Vol'jin has the soul and the face of Horde and fought all of his ghost when almost died after been attacked by Garrosh's Killer. He's now ready to be the Warchief. A long road to build the complete Warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by AleDangerous View Post
    I think the better choice is Vol'jinn. He have been in a rough life since he was born, just like Horde, almost died for Horde and does everything for Horde.
    Except fighting, thats when he conveniently is somewhere safe/rolling on floor in pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    it is not really accurate to say that Lor'Themar could 'keep Sylvanas in line,' Sylvanas can't really be controlled per se, but she can be negotiated with and persuaded in her course action (that is to say, BEFORE she has chosen that course of action).

Lor'Themar is perhaps the closest to the Sylvanas and his tact, their former relationship, and their shared position and history will have a greater chance of lending weight to his opinion compared than any other contender for war chief, but no one is really going to 'keep Sylvanas in line,' which ever path she chooses to tread is the path she will go down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Except fighting, thats when he conveniently is somewhere safe/rolling on floor in pain.
    who among us has not found ourselves rolling on the floor in pain, that can happen to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by razorfire View Post
    you simply ignoring or denying every point that isn't saying your favorite character isn't the perfect decision you're pushing for him to be is not the same as not having given valid points.
    Actually Kael'thas is one of my favs, though admittedly Lor'themar is growing on me. Just because I favor him as warchief doesn't make him my favorite. I wouldn't complain is Saur was made warchief for example. Don't presume me arguing in favor of someone makes them my favorite character.

and most of the counterpoints haven't been "blown out of the water" they've been met with what equates to "well..hey look at this other thing that I think makes him look good!"
    Yet your counter-points blow our points out of the water? LOL

vol'jin may have had thoughts of leaving, but unlike lor'themar he never acted on them.
    Only because our great and brilliant hero Thrall talked him out of it. The fact is, both were considering option and making comments out of frustration and anger. The fact that you ignore the one, and condemn the other is laughable at best.

if not for the dalaran purge he WOULD have left to join the alliance without even having looked to the rest of the horde for aid.
    Assumption not based on anything specifically stated in game.

on the "blame the devs" they've had plenty of time to show him and when they finally did THAT'S when all of the love for him spontaneously came into being. you don't think he was "scared to act" go look at his leader short story, even going to northrend is a decision that's made for him by sylvanas.
    And people grow and learn. The devs have shown that when push came to shove, Lor'themar can act.

and I never said sylvanas would ONLY use it because of garrosh forcing her into fights, I'm saying she wouldn't use it AS MUCH.
    You stated she was using it because he was forcing her. Go look at what you said.

gilneas was a fight she was forced into by garrosh, that is the largest use of plague we actually see in game aside from the unexplained circumstances of southshore, and she uses it there because garrosh managed to screw up the initial assault so badly she had to in order to keep an advantage.
    Okay, so one minute you're arguing using Sylvanas as a negative tool against Lor'themar, now you're singing her praises and making excuses to cover her actions. You argue against yourself.

also if you're going to make a comment based on my punctuation and way of typing in an attempt to discredit me, let me help you out. ?!@$!@%$@!%!@^!^$#^.
    That made me lol irl.

so...you're saying no to vol'jin because your speculation on what ifs...
    Not arguing against Vol'jin. Arguing against points you make yes, but not against Vol'jin. I've come to respect Vol'jin quite a bit over the last two xp's. Again, because I feel Lor'themar is the BEST choice doesn't mean I think others are fail choices. I'm simply backing up my standpoint. Arguing against your 'points' is not arguing against people.

and you're saying that unless someone is the bestest of friends with the alliance there can't be peace... right..
    Show me specifically where I said that. I said it's something in his favor. I NEVER said someone can't lead unless they're bestest friends with the alliance. Stop putting words into my mouth.

you then try to discredit baine who has about as much good leadership of his people as lor'themar has shown for the same reason you say I can't shoot down lor'themar.
    No... the one theme you fail to see is that any argument you make for someone can also be applied to Lor, and every argument you make against him can also be applied to the others. Despite what you think, you're failing to make a valid argument against Lor'themar because all of your arguments can also be applied to others.

and your dismissal of saurfang is yet again just saying "he's not bestest friends with the alliance, somehow that means he can't get peace with the alliance without having been a member of the alliance"
    /sigh I didn't dismiss Saurfang. I merely gave a counter-point, something you're familiar with attempting to do. You made an argument for him, I made an argument against. Yes Saur fought along-side them. Yes he's had diplomatic relations. I'm simply stating that the elves were once part of the alliance. That they shed blood and died along-side the humans fighting against the orcs. They have a bond of blood.

and yes I agree with you no leader should be chosen or denied based on race, but that's part of my annoyance with this sudden "lor'themar for warchief" push. people seem to be pushing lor'themar more simply because he is a member of the most "alliance like" of the horde races (and no I don't say that meaning he should be in the alliance, they have good reasons not to be in the alliance), claims that the bloodelves should come to the forefront are almost all backed up by saying the horde needs to advance or "we have enough orcs vs humans".
    If you've looked, I've been as against people saying he should be warchief because he's an elf as much as people saying he shouldn't because he's an elf.

IGNORING THAT LOR'THEMAR ACTIVELY PLANNED TO ABANDON THE HORDE, THAT HE, MUCH LIKE GARROSH, WOULD BE PUSHED TO LEADERSHIP DIRECTLY AFTER A LONGSTANDING LACK OF CONFIDENCE, AND THAT HE DIDN'T EVEN WANT HIS OWN OFFICE BUT IS SUPPOSEDLY MEANT TO ACCEPT BEING WARCHIEF IS IDIOTIC.
    That it's 'idiotic' is opinion.

When did he actively plan it? He said words in anger and frustration but when did he actually, actively plan it?

but don't worry, I suspect somehow you will continue to ignore all points against him as ineffective but swear up and down your own arguments in his favor make him the best candidate ever.
    I'll start paying more attention to your points when your points stop applying to almost anyone. You could replace "Lor'themar" in many of your arguments with "Baine", or "Vol'jin", or "Sylvanas" or "Saurfang".

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post

who among us has not found ourselves rolling on the floor in pain, that can happen to anyone.
    I would expect more from such role model (as many people think of him in here).

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I hope that when/if he becomes warchief the blood golems take center stage as the hordes finest weaponry.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyninja View Post
    There is no way in hell I or anyone else should go through the effort of reading through that wall of text if you can't be bothered to put in some effort yourself and use some damn capitilization. I know you don't care because you think it's not important but it is, because your posts are literally eyesores. Not that you're talking about anything new that we haven't already refuted about four pages back.
    Now you're making me feel bad for actually going through the wall of eyebleed to counter-point.

My thoughts:
    It's nice to see that Wow LGBT population got their leader to represent such a great organization like Horde.
    (No offence to real LGBT).

He isn't an orc so being warchief is out. He could be the leader of the Horde it would just be under a different title.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I hope that when/if he becomes warchief the blood golems take center stage as the hordes finest weaponry.
    Yeah, they are really cool, i thought they were going to be used on SoO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    He isn't an orc so being warchief is out. He could be the leader of the Horde it would just be under a different title.
    Commander in Chief?
    High Warlord?
    Shogun?
    Generalissimo?
    Imperatus Belli?

they all mean the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post

LOL So lets throw lore out the window for ease?

Lets make it REALLY easy and make the achievement where you kills the other factions bosses a feat of strength. That way we don't have to worry about where who is stationed anymore, ya?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AleDangerous View Post
    I think the better choice is Vol'jinn. He have been in a rough life since he was born, just like Horde, almost died for Horde and does everything for Horde. Lor'themar does everything for his people, but we all know Lor'themar would join Alliance if it was good for Blood Elves. Vol'jinn would never do this. He'd rather die fighting with Horde than become and Alliance Scrub. Vol'jin has the soul and the face of Horde and fought all of his ghost when almost died after been attacked by Garrosh's Killer. He's now ready to be the Warchief. A long road to build the complete Warchief.
    You lost any merit the second you restored to the use of scrub.

Yeah lets put Vol'jin in place who'd die for the horde... is that before during or after his three attempts at seperating from the horde?

Fail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yakshamash View Post
    My thoughts:
    It's nice to see that Wow LGBT population got their leader to represent such a great organization like Horde.
    (No offence to real LGBT).
    If you don't want to offend people, then keep your mouth shut. Because not only did you just bash anyone who actually like elves, you basically said anyone who's of LGBT population acts like a narcissistic flaming puffster.

If you can't get it through your head that being narcissistic is NOT the same as being gay, and/or that all gay people don't act like flamers, then take the advice I'm sure your mom gave you. If you don't have anything nice to say, STFU.

BTW, the 'all elves are gay' spiel is old and trite. Try being original instead of rehashing some crap that's TBC old.

EDIT: In fact, going through your posting history was quite illuminating. Seems you have a history of being antagonistic, insulting and trolling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Commander in Chief?
    High Warlord?
    Shogun?
    Generalissimo?
    Imperatus Belli?

they all mean the same thing.
    How about High King? LOL That'd be funny but would prolly piss off both sides.
    Last edited by Stuntzii; 2013-08-27 at 09:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Nope.

As I said on the other thread, its the equivalent of sticking a white american socialite in charge of Afghanistan. Lor'themar belongs in his own kingdom, not becoming wrapped up in politics with every member of the horde, especially those on kalimdor.
    Yes, because the only other choices are a group of old, near death orcs, a troll with some serious trust issues, a tauren that might as well be a copy paste of his fathers character, a goblin that gets about as much screen time and mention as the entire cast of Alliance leaders, and the Lich Queen. I guess it could be Ji Firepaw (in before LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL)

And no, not Thrall. Thrall would be about 5 steps backward in terms of stupidity. I would relate it to Sylvannas being elected Warchief.

Then again, Blizzard has done some very stupid things with lore...
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be really weird for a Blood Elf to take command of the Horde but I'd be ok with it as long as it makes sense that he became Warchief. I still think it should be an Orc as the Warchief though, wouldn't feel right without an Orc commanding the Horde.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe