Poll: Would you accept Lor'themar Theron as your Warchief

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    To me, elf and war chief really don't go together. I'd prefer someone who actually deserves it, and I really don't think he deserves it, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by reesi View Post
    To me, elf and war chief really don't go together. I'd prefer someone who actually deserves it, and I really don't think he deserves it, honestly.
    Can you actually give reasons WHY he doesn't deserve it or are you simply against him because he's an elf, which is what I think since that's how your post started, with racial discrimination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Lor'Themar is the most diplomatic leader that the Horde has at this moment.
    If you think the Horde needs diplomacy then you're playing the wrong game. There's a reason the highest leader is called Warchief and not Diplomat.
    What do you think this is, World of Peacecraft?

Deleted
    Lacks the option "I don't care and I don't know this character nor I want to know anything about the stupid lore of this game"

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    If you think the Horde needs diplomacy then you're playing the wrong game. There's a reason the highest leader is called Warchief and not Diplomat.
    And there's a reason our warmongering current Warchief is getting kicked out of office.

Thrall wasn't that much of a "Warchief" by your standards either. ANd he made the current Horde what it is.

Thrall was a peaceful leader, so your argument is invalidated.

Garrosh saught war and look where that got us.

As I stated before, there's plenty of war to be had. It's not World of Horde vs Alliance, it's World of Warcraft. There's nothing implied that the war has to be vs each other. Get over it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    Lacks the option "I don't care and I don't know this character nor I want to know anything about the stupid lore of this game"
    Yet you came in here to vote, or was it just troll?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    Mhmm... here's your sign for the election rally. We know you're just reluctant and in denial, it's ok.../pat

I'm not really all up onto the lore much, but some parts of it are fun.. no ruining the fun. Now go hold your sign up for others to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntzii View Post
    Thrall was a peaceful leader, so your argument is invalidated.

Garrosh saught war and look where that got us.

As I stated before, there's plenty of war to be had. It's not World of Horde vs Alliance, it's World of Warcraft. There's nothing implied that the war has to be vs each other. Get over it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet you came in here to vote, or was it just troll?
    How dare he deliver us an awesome story!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    at least vol'jin understands about living rough, warfare and has some small degree of political understanding. He's a better combination then someone who can't even stand bad smells.
    Regarding the knowledge about living rough, Lor'themar struggled with his magic addiction alongside his people.
    Regarding the knowledge about warfare, Lor'theron fought and survived the Scourge invasion on Quel'thalas, and fought the alliance, zandalari and mogu in the Isle of Thunder.
    Regarding the knowledge about political understanding, he's the leader of the Blood Elves, he has delt with many problems such as the High Elves and Kael'thas, and is a fine politician.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakesong View Post
    Regarding the knowledge about living rough, Lor'themar struggled with his magic addiction alongside his people.
    Regarding the knowledge about warfare, Lor'theron fought and survived the Scourge invasion on Quel'thalas, and fought the alliance, zandalari and mogu in the Isle of Thunder.
    Regarding the knowledge about political understanding, he's the leader of the Blood Elves, he has delt with many problems such as the High Elves and Kael'thas, and is a fine politician.
    On the tactics, Lor'themar was second-in-command to Sylvanas (who was Ranger-general of Quel'thalas). So he was effectively the 3rd highest military personnel in the entire kingdom (King Anasterian > Sylvanas > Lor'themar).

I daresay Lor'themar has a better grasp on war than Vol'jin, certainly with entire armies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Heh, and it was under my impression that a large amount of the community actually disliked the whole convoluted red vs. blue idiom we are being stuck with.

*Grabs tinfoil hat*

Thrall was Warchief during TBC, Alliance and Horde had peace on many levels with few conflicts, TBC best expansion ever.

*Tosses tinfoil hat aside*

With that out of the way, I would eventually like to see this 25 year old race war one day end. It's sort of drab and honestly boring, especially when we need to artificially create reasons as to why the Horde and Alliance should hate each other. Then again, Blizzard writing with Mary Sue Metzen has never been better! *Sarcasm*
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Am I the only one who sees a problem with the locations of Lorthemar was to become warchief? Where would he reside? Surely Orgrimmar since that is the horde capital. Would be weird to have the warchief rule from a remote location in Eastern Kingdoms.

How would the achievements work? For The Alliance! right now requires the warchief (Garrosh, Sylvanas, Baine and Lorthemar). Would it be changed to 2x Blood Elves or if he resides in Orgrimmar then 2x bosses in Orgrimmar?

I just don't see it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadlack View Post
    Am I the only one who sees a problem with the locations of Lorthemar was to become warchief? Where would he reside? Surely Orgrimmar since that is the horde capital. Would be weird to have the warchief rule from a remote location in Eastern Kingdoms.

How would the achievements work? For The Alliance! right now requires the warchief (Garrosh, Sylvanas, Baine and Lorthemar). Would it be changed to 2x Blood Elves or if he resides in Orgrimmar then 2x bosses in Orgrimmar?

Well keep in mind that Lor'themar does have advisers. Rommath, Halduron, Aethas, and even Lady Liadrin could step into the spot light and take over at leader of the Blood Elves.

Also they can easily change the achievement, they did so when Baine took over for Cairne.

That being said I could see him becoming Warchief as he himself does seem to be on somewhat better terms with some members of the Alliance than other Horde members. Though I can see things going south with Jaina.....but if they can prove that it was Garrosh who ordered/put in the spy then maybe things will work.

Point being, people may be more on par with working with him given that he has a good chunk of experience with both sides.

This is still the most pathetic argument against Lor'themar becoming warchief. For The Alliance could be made a feat of strength. Additionally, once Lor'themar is Warchief, a new regeant of Silvermoon could be elected.

10+ Year Old Account

The simplest way is to just rename his current achievement to acknowledge his new position, and rename the old Garrosh achievement to reflect the inevitable new orc leader. He doesn't have to lead from Orgrimmar at all, in a world where teleportation and magic are extremely commonplace, theres no reason he has to permanently move there to lead the other half of the Horde a continent away. There is also no gameplay reason for why the Warchief has to be in Orgrimmar.

I've illustrated before how this is a great opportunity for Blizzard to revamp Silvermoon and The Exodar as new major hubs for the Burning Legion expansion.

The more I think about it, the more I'm fine with it.
    Contra: He's a Bloodelf, he might be a bit too fickle, he stated that he always thought of himself as a ranger and not as a leader and that he never wanted to be one, and he didn't get any attention by Blizzard or the player ingame until 5.1.
    Pro: He had his fair share of fighting (even if he didn't stand out like others did), he has the qualities of a good leader, even if he thinks differently, he would fit the seat better than most alternatives (I personally just can't see Vol'jin or Baine as warchief), he had this awesome moment of mutual understanding between archenemies (at least after what happened in Dalaran) with Jaina at the end of the 5.2 questline making it clear to me that Blizzard probably has plans of some sort with him and should the Alliance get a vote in the upcoming election (which is not unlikely) they would probably give it to him (especially after said 5.2 moment).

However should Blizzard refuse to choose him to keep Alliance vs. Horde a Humans vs. Orcs conflict like they have stated (because gameplay>lore), my vote would be on Saurfang. He would also make a fine warchief.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2013-08-28 at 12:56 AM.

The warchief will come from the big 3 races in the horde (orc, tauren, troll) (forsaken are barely part of the horde lol). The blood elves are still a relatively new addition to the horde. Vol'jin is the current clear choice due to his set up as the rebel against Garrosh. He's been advocating a horde that comes together as one, rather than holding one race above the others completely. People don't like Vol'jin because he's not a bloodthirsty maniac like Garrosh, while they don't realize that that trait has damaged the horde immensely under Garrosh,

Lor'themar doesn't really strike me as being a good leader for the Horde as a whole.

His first loyalty is to Quel'thelas and he will do whatever he believes is best for Quel'thelas. If he became Warchief, he would likely put the interests of Quel'thelas ahead of what is best for the Horde as a whole. He has yet to expect serious interest in the "Horde is family" ideal embraced by the original leaders of the rebellion, which I would consider an absolute prerequisite for becoming Warchief.

Vol'jin, my personal choice, practically introduced the "Horde is family" concept (well, reintroduced it after Garrosh undid most of the cultural changes Thrall created) and his novel even played around with the idea of the Horde as a whole being the true successor to the ancient Troll empire rather then anything the Zandalari are cooking up.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

I think the playerbase should vote on the next warchief. One vote per active wow subscription

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    How dare he deliver us an awesome story!!!
    "Once upon a time there was a roid-raging idiot Warchief, so everyone got together to kill him. The end."

Still, Pandaria was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.