LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Commander in Chief?
    High Warlord?
    Shogun?
    Generalissimo?
    Imperatus Belli?

they all mean the same thing.
    Yes and no, which is why I said he could be the leader just not the warchief. This is something that has been beaten to death in countless threads on here and wows forum boards.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    The warchief will come from the big 3 races in the horde (orc, tauren, troll) (forsaken are barely part of the horde lol). The blood elves are still a relatively new addition to the horde. Vol'jin is the current clear choice due to his set up as the rebel against Garrosh. He's been advocating a horde that comes together as one, rather than holding one race above the others completely. People don't like Vol'jin because he's not a bloodthirsty maniac like Garrosh, while they don't realize that that trait has damaged the horde immensely under Garrosh,
    Relatively new? They've been in the Horde since TBC...

Also, where are you going your info that it's going to come from one of the 'big 3'? Nowhere, opinion not based at all on fact.

Except that they said it wouldn't be someone we were expecting, like vol'jin. No one expects them to put Lor'themar on the 'throne' of the horde because he's a blood elf and for all the mediocre arguments here. It's not going to be Vol'jin.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntzii View Post
    Except that they said it wouldn't be someone we were expecting, like vol'jin. No one expects them to put Lor'themar on the 'throne' of the horde because he's a blood elf and for all the mediocre arguments here. It's not going to be Vol'jin.
    If that's the crux of your argument then your reasoning for Lor'themar being Warchief is no better-- no, it's actually worse than the reasons people think he shouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    1. Abandoning the Horde is more peaceful than starting a rebellion > We need a peaceful leader.
    2. Not wanting the power would be good for a change > We need a leader that doesn't want to get power so he can abuse it.
    1. Abandoning the Horde also means your heart doesn't lie within it, and hence, you don't have the interests in the group as a whole in mind. Being willing to cut all ties with the organization doesn't mean you're peaceful because you're making a terrible assumption that Lor'themar joining the Alliance means he doesn't have to fight the Horde-- the opposite is more likely.

2. Not wanting power can also mean being lax in authority and allowing your subordinates to run the show. That is not automatically a good trait.
    Last edited by arcaneshot; 2013-08-28 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntzii View Post

If you don't want to offend people, then keep your mouth shut. Because not only did you just bash anyone who actually like elves, you basically said anyone who's of LGBT population acts like a narcissistic flaming puffster.

If you can't get it through your head that being narcissistic is NOT the same as being gay, and/or that all gay people don't act like flamers, then take the advice I'm sure your mom gave you. If you don't have anything nice to say, STFU.

BTW, the 'all elves are gay' spiel is old and trite. Try being original instead of rehashing some crap that's TBC old.

EDIT: In fact, going through your posting history was quite illuminating. Seems you have a history of being antagonistic, insulting and trolling.
    If you don't like joke and like to call people trolls, then you STFU, thanks. People can't make jokes these days, usually they are trolls. Thanks.

If they make Lor'themar war chief or some kind of "head of the council" I think after 8 years on the horde Ill just roll an alliance toon and see where that takes me.

Deleted
    Blood Elves have no business in the Horde, just like the Forsaken. I have disliked both of them since the moment they were announced. I guess you can understand how I would feel about Lor'thewho becoming Warchief.

Besides that, he was nothing until patch 5.1 and was suddenly built up to be something. Feels too much like Garrosh and his sudden rise. Even more than that, the guy actually tried to get into the Alliance in 5.1, so that makes him an even worse candidate.

15+ Year Old Account
    If Lor'themar becomes Warchief, which I'm 70% sure he will be. do you think he will reside at Silvermoon?

Surely when he becomes Warchief then he'll need to be in a place at the center of the attention. And I don't think he will stay at Orgrimmar because that would make a BE the racial leader of Orcs and leaves SM leaderless, so will he go back to SM?

the leader of the entire horde, residing in a place so far away from the iconic horde capital?

-meditate on this-

I know it will never happen but if he did then i'm behind this.

Imagine all the benches he would flip. It would become a horde sport.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Soon enough we will finally find out who the warchief is... i just hope it's not someone from warcraft pop culture like gamon or an alliance leader, that would truly kill the game for me.

Anyway back to lor'themar, i wonder what he will do regarding the kirin tor and the prisoners they still hold, maybe varian will let them go ?

But most of all...i can't wait to see jaina's reaction when he is named warchief, Mwahahahahaha! I'm half expecting her to outright attack varian in rage if he names lor'themar warchief and demands that jaina release her prisoners.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    at least vol'jin understands about living rough, warfare and has some small degree of political understanding. He's a better combination then someone who can't even stand bad smells.
    Then I dont think you've read alot what happend in the last patches just because he is a blood elf isn't it?

Hes imo the only 1 who came with a plan a strategy.

I'd love him as a warchief, though, the title would need to change, seeing as how that is more of an Orc leadership title. Blood Elves have always been good at politics, and he seems to have emissaries that can talk to Varian, I can see him being warchief and then one day brokering a truce with Auldiun against the Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of the various contenders i can predict what my emotional reaction would be

Vol'Jin: "Meh, yeah, obviously whatever, ok. That make sense'
    Baine: "Seriously i don't even know or care who this punk is"
    Lor'Themar: "Whoa, Blizzard, look at you taking the unexpected choice, i'm impressed"
    Sylvanas: "Dafuq you thinking?! I, mean, I love Sylvanas, but b*tch be cray-cray!"
    Saurfang: "Who? Oh... Really? Well, I suppose it's ok, I guess."
    Rexxar: "HAH!, I used to BE Rexxar"

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    If that's the crux of your argument then your reasoning for Lor'themar being Warchief is no better-- no, it's actually worse than the reasons people think he shouldn't be.
    It's not, nor has it been. It's a point against Vol'jin though.

2. Not wanting power can also mean being lax in authority and allowing your subordinates to run the show. That is not automatically a good trait.
    Except Lor'themar hasn't been like that so, yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Just like the Tauren.
    Just like the Trolls.
    Just like the Pandaren.
    Just like the Goblins.

How about we kick the Orcs out of the Horde and start a new faction?
    Exactly. Orcs have been proven to be subject to being power mad and easily corruptible. They've displayed a complete lack of ability to learn from their past.

This joke is getting way too far!

This guy was nobody for a long time. He had his moment in Isle of Thunder and suddenly people are like "He would the best wurchief evah!". He did nothing for the Horde, he was basicly absent for most of the time, He even wanted to get back to the Alliance for crying out loud.

That is the worst warchief idea ever for my taste, I rolled the horde to be part of tribal society not Alliance 2.0 ruled by pinkskin pixie.

I'll accepty any orc, I'll accept Baine, and I'll accept Vol'Jin.

BUT Any Elf or Gallywix is huge No-No-NO! For me

This guy would be good leader for blood elves only, he have no idea about Horde politics, he wasn't there when Horde was found, he stays away from traditions that are important to 3 core races (orcs, tauren, trolls), he never was part of any debate or action in the name of the Horde.
    He don't consider himself as part with the nation, he don't get it at all, he is there because he has to. His negotations with Wrynn got sabotaged, and he had to suck it up and stay with Horde.

That's horrible choice. I'd rather for Mankrik to rule the Horde. Or Gamon. But not this traitor that is switching sides as it's convenient for him.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Garrosh did what he had to do for the Horde. Had the rest of the Horde not been so blind, he would have conquered Azeroth already.
    Who's to say the Horde wants to conquer Azeroth? I'd go so far as to say the opposite, most of the Horde just wants to live peacefully. It's the whole reason the Horde as we know it today exists. That's why Lor'themar, being so capable of diplomacy, is the perfect choice for Warchief right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laorenshu View Post
    Who's to say the Horde wants to conquer Azeroth? I'd go so far as to say the opposite, most of the Horde just wants to live peacefully. It's the whole reason the Horde as we know it today exists. That's why Lor'themar, being so capable of diplomacy, is the perfect choice for Warchief right now.
    there are likely a multitude of opinions among various members of the horde regarding the Horde's position in Azeroth, though i think it would be foolish to even try to concquer Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    I disagree; I feel that if you read his lore, from being a high ranking veteran of the 2nd and 3rd wars, to his diplomacy and making some tough decisions; he has done more fighting and bloodshed, and more diplomacy and decision making than Vol'Jin ever has.
    And this is the reason i wouldn't be surprised if he was indeed considered for the mantle of Warchief. but the Orcs would still need a racial leader, under the Warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciarán View Post
    Blood Elves have no business in the Horde, just like the Forsaken. I have disliked both of them since the moment they were announced. I guess you can understand how I would feel about Lor'thewho becoming Warchief.

Besides that, he was nothing until patch 5.1 and was suddenly built up to be something. Feels too much like Garrosh and his sudden rise. Even more than that, the guy actually tried to get into the Alliance in 5.1, so that makes him an even worse candidate.
    I agree.

Jaina's actions have effectively alienated the Blood Elves (through the Sunreavers) from the Alliance. The Blood Elves and their inherent refinement have never really fit in with the "tribal" "classic" image of the brutish Horde.

It seems they have always been stuck between a rock and a hard place, with no real place in world politics.

I'd like to see them become or return to a Switzerland like role. Either that, or Jaina is held accountable for her actions, and the Blood Elves are "allowed" into the Alliance. Something I personally wouldn't really have a problem with, as much as I don't really care for the stereotypical player base of the Alliance.

As for the Forsaken, as much as I love their lore, and as much as I Love Sylvannas, I view them as essentially a rogue nation like North Korea.

I think the plain ol "two diametrically opposed factions" based world is rather stale. I'd like to mix it up in the ways above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warchief Varok Saurfang.

"Without its master's command, the restless orcs will become an even greater threat to this world."

"Control, must be maintained. There must always be.... an orc Warchief!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    BUT Any Elf or Gallywix is huge No-No-NO!
    Gallywix would just buy out the alliance and end the war, though.