Page 1 of 2
LastLast

After the next xpac...

Alright so theirs a "leak" going around about 90-100 levels. So this got me to thinking.
    If we're leveling 90-100, what if the expansion after that isnt a leveling expansion, but a war expansion?

Example, World of Warcraft : The dark Below

Aftwards,

World of Warcraft : Reign of the legion (Fake example)
    This time in this expansion we're fighting off the legion. So we're not leveling, but this is a full out lore expansion. No leveling, just storyline of the legion. New dungeons, raids , scenarios, lands of course, but theyre all level 100.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

I would be happy, I really hate everytime there is a new xpack and I have to level up 6+ characters to max level. Just give us new dungeons/raids/scenarios/story quests/events or whatever.

Deleted
    Yeah if it was free, I wouldn't pay for that.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still say that the Legion expansion will be the level 100 expansion.

Therefor, I believe this "leak" is fake.

10 level expansions are long dead, it'll go 90, 95, 100, 105... from now on.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Due to the design philosophy behind the game, that simply wouldn't work.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

So the heirlooms that drop off from garrosh are fake too? I don't believe blizz is actually going to make a heirloom weapon last for 2 more expansions by marking 100 but you could be right.

OT; I don't think that would work and levels would give more content and also not everyone plays for the sake of the lore so... Yeah, I don't think it will work.

If all Blizzard added in the 6th or 7th expansion were new raids, dungeons, etc but no new levels, people would bitch about it not being a free patch. This is an expectation for every WoW expansion to bring new levels, dungeons, raids, spells, areas, etc. Removing levels just makes the expansion a rather large patch that people might not be so keen to pay for. Granted, people will if everything else is any indication, but Blizzard may alienate other players at the same time. This may not be true for other games, but people tend to hold Blizzard to higher standard so expect more. Leveling is expected although not the most loved by some people. If Blizzard added a new expansion with no leveling, I'd hope that's the day the game goes free to play because I'd have little interest in paying for something that just seems like a patch even if it adds a boat load of other things.

Does beg the question, though, if the next expansion is level 90-95 or 90-100. If it is 90-95, then I guess that makes Garrosh relevant to at least the altoholics for 2 expansions. Certainly nothing wrong with that since people still go back to farm Onyxia, Lich King, and Attumen the Huntsman for the mounts. Mounts are no different from heirlooms now since those are usable by alts. So having an item off Garrosh be relevant for the next 4-5 years and possibly longer is rather nice. We'll know soon enough in a few short weeks.

Deleted
    At some point they might come up with level squish.

Wrathion has been giving hints about the Legion and now the Dark Below shows up. I can't tell what the next xpac will be about let alone the one after that.
    Last edited by mmoc26966749d9; 2013-08-25 at 11:23 PM.

There's nothing magical about level 100. After that comes 101 in expansion number six.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Then it would just be a patch, Not an expansion
    Expansion = New lands, New Foes, Gear reset, and a gear reset can only be done via the introduction of more levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Expansion = New lands, New Foes, Gear reset, and a gear reset can only be done via the introduction of more levels.
    that could come in a patch (a bloody big one!) though without increasing level cap.

i thought about this idea before, if they could do an expansion without increasing level cap but still adding all the same amount of content. i say it could work, but probably not very well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    There's nothing magical about level 100. After that comes 101 in expansion number six.
    i said before, i think blizz should do next expac 90-95, then next one 95-105 just to mess with people. i'd love it if they did that!
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    i said before, i think blizz should do next expac 90-95, then next one 95-105 just to mess with people. i'd love it if they did that!
    Almost certain all future expansions will be 10 levels and now would be the perfect place to start since cap is even 90. Many blue posts have said that they agree with player feedback that it feels nicer to get more levels instead of the five levels that feels like taking forever when you see very little progress.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    It feels like you skimmed through my post instead of read it fully.

Blizzard have said multiple times that they aren't treating 100 as a golden number that they can't surpass. You'll reach level 105, 110, 120, it's not important.

Quote Originally Posted by Creations View Post
    It feels like you skimmed through my post instead of read it fully.
    Your post didn't address the need for a gear and secondary stat reset at all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    Not 105. Be like 99 or 103 just to have an odd number the OCD people couldn't stand.
    Aye mate

Alright so theirs a "leak" going around about 90-100 levels. So this got me to thinking.
    If we're leveling 90-100, what if the expansion after that isnt a leveling expansion, but a war expansion?

Example, World of Warcraft : The dark Below

Aftwards,

World of Warcraft : Reign of the legion (Fake example)
    This time in this expansion we're fighting off the legion. So we're not leveling, but this is a full out lore expansion. No leveling, just storyline of the legion. New dungeons, raids , scenarios, lands of course, but theyre all level 100.
    For what reason exactly would there be no leveling?

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    For what reason exactly would there be no leveling?
    Read Please. If its a lore expansion, we would be focusing on the burning legion.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

Pretty sure we only have 5 lvl expansions because of Cata redoing old content. Now that that is over and done with back to 10 lvl expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

Read Please. If its a lore expansion, we would be focusing on the burning legion.
    Not sure I understand. 90% of lore in game comes from quests. Why do quests if you don't have to level.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Pretty sure we only have 5 lvl expansions because of Cata redoing old content. Now that that is over and done with back to 10 lvl expansions.
    What would redoing old content have to do with the number of levels in the new content?

OT - leveling is a part of the game. I can't see them removing that anytime soon.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    What would redoing old content have to do with the number of levels in the new content?

OT - leveling is a part of the game. I can't see them removing that anytime soon.
    Redoing old content took enough development that they weren't able to make enough content for 10 levels. Mop gave us another 5 levels to get us back on track for 10 levels again.