Wowprogess finally splits up 10 and 25 man progression

It's about time that it was recognized that 10 and 25s can never be balanced perfectly and I think what wowprogress has done will satisfy both 10 and 25 mans going forward.

How do you all feel about this change also added to the fact 10s and 25s will have separate achievement clears for next patch.

Like I said in the other thread about this, I don't see why this is a big deal other than for the people who discredit 10-man as "not real raiding".

While i do appreciate it, it strikes kinda odd that same-ranking guilds can swing from 11/13 heroic (10) to 6/12 normal (25). I understand it's because barely noone raids 25 anymore, but still seems odd

Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    While i do appreciate it, it strikes kinda odd that same-ranking guilds can swing from 11/13 heroic (10) to 6/12 normal (25). I understand it's because barely noone raids 25 anymore, but still seems odd
    Yeah I think 10 mans also claimed a few more 25 man guilds with Lei shen, I know a couple guilds downsized because of DA and Lei Shen this tier.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightotemz View Post
    It's about time that it was recognized that 10 and 25s can never be balanced perfectly and I think what wowprogress has done will satisfy both 10 and 25 mans going forward.

How do you all feel about this change also added to the fact 10s and 25s will have separate achievement clears for next patch.
    Apparently I'm missing something because it looks the same as it has for the last 3 years.

You could always click Tier15, Tier15 (25) or Tier15(10) and see the different ones. The wowprogress site attempts to parse the members present during the kill to determine the raid size. I believe then you needed to kill 2 bosses in a row to be registered as the correct size.

an arbitrary website did a thing!

Should have done it five tiers ago. Wowprogress has since tier eleven been contributing to the perception that 10s and 25s are comparable, and the damage is already done.

15+ Year Old Account
    From what I have read the only achievement that is split in 10man and 25man is the cutting edge/ahead of the curve. Nothing else is split. So not sure how they will keep track of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    From what I have read the only achievement that is split in 10man and 25man is the cutting edge/ahead of the curve. Nothing else is split. So not sure how they will keep track of it.
    The same way it's tracking now by checking how many people in a guild got the kill and when and from that determining if the kill was made on 10 or 25 man.

I personallly like the change a great deal but it's something that should've been done a long time ago and is something people are going to bitch about now when they try to compare 10 and 25. And that's why it's good they split it up since you really can't compare the two, they're different ways of raiding that appeal to different people.
    But people will still try to compare D: