Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What? You are 2,000th in the world by just killing 4/13 in normal?

How many players have remained anymore that actually raid? The 25man guilds that can do heroic can be browsed in a matter of seconds on wowprogress. Only in a couple of clicks you see all 13/13hc and you go to the pits of hell of 4/13 normal and you see people being 2000th in the world!

Wat? I remember a couple of years ago being 4000th and having 4 or 6 heroics to reach it.

In contrast the 10mans are tons. The 13/13hc are billions compared to 25s but they still offer more actual guilds that raid.

I suspect 25man bosses are nerfed to accomodate the few remaining WoW players and they STILL can't manage a lot.

Deleted
    I don't understand what your trying to say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    I think he is trying to point out the fact that less people are raiding, and as such people will have higher ranks with less progress.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    That it appears so few wow players have remained anymore that you see mediocre guilds being in the top 1000 while 2 years ago you'd see only the top skilled being NEAR top 1000-500.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well there are 2 main reasons:

1. There are far less players
    2. Recently 10 and 25 man rankings have been split (though you may already have taken that into account)

Also, my old guild is at 5/13 hc and ranked 4000+...

Aaaaaand I completely missed the fact you were solely talking about 25.. Silly me
    Last edited by Turin; 2013-08-26 at 12:29 AM.

Yes less people raid 25s

How is this "new" news?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
    Yes less people raid 25s

How is this "new" news?
    AND 10s!!!!

With less people playing the game, it's expected to have less raiders, no?

Also, doesn't matter if 25m is easier or harder than 10m, it's way more easy to find 10 good players than 25.

The guild i am in is around the 2500th mark in 25 with 2/13, and in 10 man we're around the 15000th, with 12/12N, so there clearly are alot more people raiding 10 man, than 25 man

Probably due to the fact that either people don't want to pay to change to a server just so they can get into a 25m guild, or the fact that people are more likely to join a 25m that was already been established quite well opposed to creating a new one

10m fit every server quite easily and people it needs less than half the amount of people it is much easier for them to pop up and start progressing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    That it appears so few wow players have remained anymore that you see mediocre guilds being in the top 1000 while 2 years ago you'd see only the top skilled being NEAR top 1000-500.
    Well then I guess those are the top guilds now. Things change

Raiders have always been a Minority.

With the shrinking sub base, expect that minority to shrink with it.

Deleted
    Most guild leaders prefer 10mans. The work of putting up 25man groups is very annoying.

By the way, was your text put through Google Translate?

It's simple: Required time commitment in an aging game is not worth it, combined with seeing content in LFR anyways.

I cant even remember the last heroic mob I killed on progression... probably Bastion of Thunder or something
    Free-To-Play is the future.

Deleted
    I'm impressed with the number of people admitting few players. What has changed this year? Did Blizzard report lower numbers or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. That is how few people raid. Now can you blame blizzard for making more stuff for casuals to do?

So few people do heroic modes they will be removed sometime over the next few years because they will not even be worth the balancing time to tune them up from normal modes.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Oh I see it now. At least 60% drop in revenue from last year: http://www.ausgamers.com/news/read/3...e-subscription

Jesus Christ, what have they done? Did Pandas really drive all people away?

The reason is lack of PuGs. PuGs let people taste the raid content without completing it. Getting peopel interested to join organized raiding. Now with LFR noone cares to do organized raiding. Getting into raiding was easier in BC/Wrath than it is now.

Deleted
    I suspect 25man bosses are nerfed to accomodate the few remaining WoW players and they STILL can't manage a lot.
    I suspect they aren't nerf but require an organisation that, once acquired, make encounters easier (whether it's a 1°M or a 25M guild) . As for such the gap you're pointing out (hc guilds => 4/13 normal), even though I haven't checked it, can be the result of difficulties to keep on a line up for few months ; they also might have gone into 10 raiding due to the holidays.
    As long as you understand that 10M guilds are encouraged (albeit not as heavily as before TF weapons), these figures won't appear so strange. Now I assume that most guilds (out of the already weakened number of subscribers) go 10M so you should consider the 10M as your standards if you want to compare current progress to what it used to be.

On top of that, there are imho far more 10M guilds that don't really care about the progress than 25M, because if you want to play with your friends in particular, you just get a stable line up and don't seek other members to go on a troublesome 25M roster.
    Edit : PUG must also have had a bad impact on end-raiding (don't want to say "high raiding").

But in a few patches, if other incentive stuffs are added to the 25M raids, there might well be more guilds trying them out. Or maybe 2-3 fusing guilds so that they can enjoy those stuffs.

I would really like to have a ranking based on % so that we can see the evolution though. May not go the way most people think (more bad guilds, more casual players and all) .
    Last edited by mmocff9ad3f61f; 2013-08-26 at 12:45 AM.

Deleted
    Oh I see it now. At least 60% drop in revenue from last year: http://www.ausgamers.com/news/read/3...e-subscription

Jesus Christ, what have they done? Did Pandas really drive all people away?
    Maybe not, but hopefully it drove people like you away. Sucks, don't it?