High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Suggestions for a PvP Character

For starters, I've never gotten in to PvP. I've done an occasional battleground with guildies or attacked Shrine with some guildies that all had shells, but never anything more. I want to give it a try, especially since they've made the entry barrier lower than ever - it seems like it could be fun on off raid nights.

My question you guys and gals who are much more experienced than I - What would be a good entry class to try? My biggest concern is that from a raiding perspective, PvP throws so much more into the equation in terms of abilities you can use - it's a little overwhelming. I've mained a Hunter since BC and I have tons of abilities I never use while raiding that I would need to for PvP. Every class I've played at max level is the same. There are just so many things to keep track of, that if you don't you seem to be at a sever disadvantage.

Now, I realize that a lot of that knowledge and skill will come in time, but what class would be a good "entry" point - not too complex with 45 different timers and cooldowns to watch. Again, I do not want to (and will not) roll a specific class just because they seem to be FotM. I'd rather do well because I played well than have an OP class carry me.

My options:
    90 Hunter (521)
    90 Blood DK (520 with 500 2H frost)
    90 Holy Pally (quest greens)
    90 Arms Warrior (quest greens)
    75 Guardian / Boomkin
    63 Monk with no specific spec - I've tried them all.

I'd prefer to NOT use the Hunter or DK since they're my PvE toons - I'd rather keep them separate honestly. And I'm not against completely leveling another character, especially with how easy leveling is.

The Pally has me a little concerned with how many utility abilities are available with the different hands, heals, and all of their cooldowns.

The warrior I just leveled and Arms has been very, very fun compared to ranged DPS that I'm used to. They also seem to have a lot of situational abilities of varying usefulness.

The Druid has me a little scared from a too much utility point of view - knowing when to change forms etc. I had a max level druid tank in Wrath - I'm mildly familiar with their playstyle.

Monk doesn't seem too bad at all, I just don't know much about the class.

So, what do you guys think? Pick one of these, or would it be worth it to level a new toon? I have a Shammy in the 50s and a second DK at 86 as well. Haven't really though about using one of them.

Deleted
    Your thread will be locked and the reason will be, pick my character threads are not allowed.

I can see into the future!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If that's the case then so be it. I didn't see any PvP forum rules guide or whatnot so I didn't realize they weren't "allowed." Just looking for opinions on what a good beginner PvP class would be is all.

Try a mage imo. They can really hit hard, and scale really well with gear, and they have great CC. Fire is a great spec for disorienting/DoTing enemies, and Frost is good for slows and stuns. They may be squishy, but they hit like a train. Try to level the mage by PvPing as well, so that you can learn the class as you go.

Deleted
    Depends what you enjoy. melee or caster.

warlock: very strong class but also difficult to learn. One of the harder to play classes.
    mage: easier than warlock, more overpowered but extremely boring in my opinion.
    warrior: they are very mobile in pvp but pretty much every season they are weak. Easy to play class
    monk: my main. At the start you will fail miserably. Monk is extremely fun, not OP and not weak but it's one of the more difficult classes.
    dk: Don't bother with blood. Either go unholy (hard to play) or go frost (most easy class there is, therefore also gets boring quickly).
    druid: balance is hard to play and bad in everything except RBG. The difference between a good balance and a bad balance is bigger than the grand canyon. I'd advise feral. Very fun, very mobile, medium difficulty but requires micromanagement.
    rogue: high skillcap but not hard to pick up, requires micromanagement and is decent in pvp.
    paladin: easy to play, will be one of the strongest classes in 5.4 because they get fear. (speaking of ret).
    hunter: if you don't want many buttons, this class probably isn't for you for pvp. Hunter has probably the most buttons of them all. But it's very very easy to play in pvp (BM). MM and surv is hard to play.
    priest: I got no clue about priests.
    shaman: elemental is really strong, not too hard to play, so is enha. Not many buttons.

If you really want the easiest class that performs pretty well: Frost DK

Anyway now that's said: I don't think you should use a class in pvp just because it's easy. Every class is different in pvp and counters their opponents differently. Just pick the class you actually WANT to play with because it's fun and don't look at difficulty level. PvP isn't as hard as it seems.

Hope I helped. If you have any questions, feel free to post here and I'll try to answer them

I recommend your warrior if you don't want to play your dk or hunter. They will be the easiest they have ever been to play next patch but they still have somewhat of a high skill cap in that you can be very innovative on them. Will also be very competitive next come 5.4. But honestly, play whatever you enjoy the most, no one can make your decision for you.

what you shouyld do instead is looking at various guides of classes/specs. and see what you like and dislike about there playstyle.
    and then your going to weight them. and there is always going to be 1 or 2 winners. then you see play them a bit either on live or on the ptr(if you don't have it at max lvl)

and then you will have a main you like to play. not who is op or fotm or a class who is played by 50% of the wow players.
    but a class you truely enjoy.

and since your asking your not really bother to play 2200+ rating. and every class can reach 1500 rating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veej View Post
    Your thread will be locked and the reason will be, pick my character threads are not allowed.

I can see into the future!
    Knowing the rules and seeing into the future are 2 different things, but I guess you are right here