Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    I was under the assumption warrior had the worst scaling in the game, next to hunter, and that their damage revolved heavily around their weapons particularly fury.
    Without decent weapons you hit like a wet fish, no?

I'm looking at Logs and certainly warriors are underpar when being compared with rogue, enhance, ret, feral. It is also my opinion that Warriors are the dogshite bottom of dps on live, maybe I'm wrong...?

Anyway playing them on ptr with t16 they seem to be pretty fucking op, hitting a raidboss dummy with 525 pvp weapon full t16 and ilvl 525 offparts (boots, neck, rings, waist, bracer, cloak) and the SoO trinkets equipped I'm doing 1mil execute crits and 150-160k sustained dps, while mr arcane mage in similar gear is a good 10k dps behind.
    I would claim that 150-160k sustained dps is not very good, and that the mage must be sub-par skillwise..

10+ Year Old Account
    From everything I have seen and tested myself Warrior dps in general is pretty solid in 5.4. I do not like though how boring Arms is, and how lopsided the dps is from single target to the crazy AoE/cleave it does. Fury is in a good place if you factor in the single target boost we get if you use SB instead of bloodbath for Fury, especially TG.

As TG using SB with the CDR trinket, SB lines up perfectly every time with CS and the damage is truely nice to see as far as single target goes. During the burst off the pull I am seeing 2 Million crits from SB. If you are to go Arms for ANY AoE/Cleave fight for example Dark Shaman, Heroic Immersus, etc. Arms will pull ahead of all other specs if you do the rotation correctly which is mind numbing how easy it is.

As it stands right now, Warrior DPS is solid as far as where we will place in our raid groups if we were to play to optimization. IMO if we were to see some sort of Fury buff in any way, it would just be icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    I was under the assumption warrior had the worst scaling in the game, next to hunter, and that their damage revolved heavily around their weapons particularly fury.
    Without decent weapons you hit like a wet fish, no?

I'm looking at Logs and certainly warriors are underpar when being compared with rogue, enhance, ret, feral. It is also my opinion that Warriors are the dogshite bottom of dps on live, maybe I'm wrong...?

Anyway playing them on ptr with t16 they seem to be pretty fucking op, hitting a raidboss dummy with 525 pvp weapon full t16 and ilvl 525 offparts (boots, neck, rings, waist, bracer, cloak) and the SoO trinkets equipped I'm doing 1mil execute crits and 150-160k sustained dps, while mr arcane mage in similar gear is a good 10k dps behind.
    Dont forget how crit works for us as fury :P Crit + weapon dmg is basically the reason why we're scaling like we are :P It's a known fact that warriors scale insanely with gear - weak early xpack and usually veeery strong late xpack. Blizz tried to fix it for MoP, but it would seem that they failed horribly.

Arms on the other hand scales HORRIBLY.

you seems to forget that we were scaling great because of infinite rage which we dont have anymore so dont expect us to be insane anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are looking great in 5.4 honestly. No more doom and gloom from me. Our aoe is great (and more usable than 5.2), survivability easier with changes and single target slightly higher. Not to mention RPPM leaving is pulling everyone else basically but us down.