Page 1 of 2
LastLast

PC Vs PS4 vs Xbox One

Having a right war in this head of mine and I cannot decide what to do but before you start throwing your opinions at me, let me tell you abit about my background so you can actually give a reason why you are suggesting

Ive always been a PC gamer but always had consoles too.. I like all the good old action adventure type of games played with a control pad, Tomb Raider most recently and Sleeping Dogs, I had on PC but played with a control pad..
    At the same time I also like shooting games like Counterstrike, call of duty and battlefield which I prefer to play with mouse and keyboard - but only because thats what I am used too, Id happily use a controller but FPS games but I am crap at it
    I was a heavy WoW player too and obviously mouse and keyboard is a must there, but tbh I think my love for MMOs have died so that isnt too important as part of this debate, plus MMOs usually cater for lower end rigs too so this system will probably still suffice for that.
    Racing games also, I like, and prefer controller..
    Lately I have actually been trying to really make the most out of big picture but it just isnt the same nor anywhere near as good as using a console

Thats pretty much where Im at...

Do I get a new PC ready for all these next gen games... probably costing £800
    or do I get one of the new consoles.... and then which console meh.. meh

10+ Year Old Account
    Really depends on the titles you want. For the most part all the games are on PC and all can be played with controllers these days. I prefer PC with controllers. However, I want XBONE as my main console but I love Kingdom Hearts and want the ps4 just for KH3 when it comes out. I have bought systems in the past just for certain titles..
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevecow View Post
    Really depends on the titles you want. For the most part all the games are on PC and all can be played with controllers these days. I prefer PC with controllers. However, I want XBONE as my main console but I love Kingdom Hearts and want the ps4 just for KH3 when it comes out. I have bought systems in the past just for certain titles..
    KH and FF are gonna be on xbone too sadly.

Though I don't trust a thing out of microsofts mouth anymore. If I had to pick a console it would be PS4 but vs PC? Stick with PC unless you want exclusives.

If cash limits you to one thing I think you get the most bang for the buck by buying a PC with a console controller.
    It might not get all games consoles get, but it gets a good amount.

How outdated is your PC?

If you want to do this fairly, you need to compare a $400 PC today to a PS4.

Just saying "PC's do better graphics/games!" doesn't put it in proper context, because I ask you to try using your $400 PC for the next 8 years without upgrading. That's a TON of money saved by the owner while still having a great gaming experience.

Consoles cheaper, PC's better. If you can afford it then PC, if not then go for the PS4.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    I was in the same position as you and i decide to go for a ps4, it's fairly cheap compared to upgrading my pc and the next batch of mmos i want to play will be released on it.

£350 for a ps4 for 8+years, easy decision

well my PC is still alright, its a i5 2500k cpu with 8gb 1600mhz ram and a geforce 570 gfx card

if steam sorted their shit out and made big picture a true console experience then id probably be settled, but meh

- - - Updated - - -

if steam sorted big picture id get that logitech f710 controller, looks good and possibily live happily ever after but like im bein told, to get real console experience get a console..

I too just get consoles for exclusives. But as many have said, if you want exclusives go with a console because it's cheap but PC is better.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    well my PC is still alright, its a i5 2500k cpu with 8gb 1600mhz ram and a geforce 570 gfx card

if steam sorted their shit out and made big picture a true console experience then id probably be settled, but meh

- - - Updated - - -

if steam sorted big picture id get that logitech f710 controller, looks good and possibily live happily ever after but like im bein told, to get real console experience get a console..
    What's wrong with the Big Picture mode? I haven't had any problems with it, so maybe I can help.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

just petty stuff really dez, but like some games that force their own launchers to open from steam first, like skyrim etc..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malgo View Post
    I was in the same position as you and i decide to go for a ps4, it's fairly cheap compared to upgrading my pc and the next batch of mmos i want to play will be released on it.

£350 for a ps4 for 8+years, easy decision
    true words these, i gota ask you though what games do u normally play? the only genre i am unsure about is first person shooters. i am totally terrible at them with a controller so i dont know how id cope from battlefield 3 on PC to battlefield 4 on ps4... lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you gamers or are you not? If this is your hobby, the $500 for an Xbox One, the $400 for a PS4 and the $2000 (1000x2) for PC are well worth the cost.

You talking about $3000 for the hardware for this console generation. 5-7 years. Counting 2 $1000 PCs. Say it only lasts 6 years, that's only $500 a year, or $1.37 a day!

Stop being so dam cheap.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Gears of War serie is the only reason i will buy a next gen console, maby destiny to. To bad they will not come on pc, gears maby as first one is on pc.
    Do you hear the voices too?

There are 0 reasons to purchase the upcoming gen of consoles. Period.

None of the exclusives are worth a second glance.

Anything they can do a PC can do better... and/or are completely pointless "features."

10+ Year Old Account
    stick with PC you can play with console and mouse and keyboard!

Deleted
    true words these, i gota ask you though what games do u normally play? the only genre i am unsure about is first person shooters. i am totally terrible at them with a controller so i dont know how id cope from battlefield 3 on PC to battlefield 4 on ps4... lol
    I play a bit of everything. I play like BF3 etc,if you are not use to joy pads it will just be a case of practice makes perfect, it should only take you a day or 2 to get it down. destiny might be worth a punt a long with stuff like TESO and final fantasy, I was comparing a list of games for the ps4 and xbox and i prefer the ps4 games + it's cheaper.

I only have a PC for wow really and there is not much point upgrading for it, I felt a PS4 would be better since it will last longer and be cheaper and a lot of new mmos are beingaimed at consoles.

Are you gamers or are you not? If this is your hobby, the $500 for an Xbox One, the $400 for a PS4 and the $2000 (1000x2) for PC are well worth the cost.
    Some of us don't want to blow all our money on 2 consoles + a PC :P, there are many things to do in life gaming is just one of em

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post

You talking about $3000 for the hardware for this console generation. 5-7 years. Counting 2 $1000 PCs. Say it only lasts 6 years, that's only $500 a year, or $1.37 a day!

Stop being so dam cheap.
    ...would you like to factor in online subscriptions, Internet fees, costs of new games (variable per month), any micro-transaction purchases, costs of perpetually upgrading a PC, cost of peripherals (mostly PC), costs of maintenance/replacement parts, ect?

Oh, and factor in the other more important aspect: Having only 24 hours in a day... generally at least 1/4th of that is devoted to sleeping.

And the last thing - spending your money on other things in life. Because, as much as I love gaming, no console/PC game has ever beat my memories of my Cancun trip 5 years ago or the beachfront condo I invested in 10 years ago. :P

You make "Gamers" sound like some sort of cultist way of life. As if somebody who just plays RPGs on a console aren't a "Gamer"...

Just stick with your PC. In 2 years ps4/xbox1's hardware will be quite outdated and you wont be able to upgrade it.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me it breaks down to:

Initial PC cost is more, BUT... graphically superior to console and higher FPS

Also, PC can be used for more than just games, and a helluva lot more diversity

and... PC games (new titles) are generally a lot less and also (god bless them) there's Steam specials.
    and... controllers work just fine and more options to types of games you can play through the use of keyboard and mouse.

I would also argue backing up your steam games are quicker (external drive) - I speak from NO experience with console except for the odd rental to try it.

Cons - well, not really - except portability. You can still put a PC in your living room and attach to your TV if need be - just like a console and use wireless controllers.
    oh - and of course the odd exclusive title - which you could just rent if it's THAT a big deal to play it.

So, yeah - I'm PC all the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    If you want to do this fairly, you need to compare a $400 PC today to a PS4.

Just saying "PC's do better graphics/games!" doesn't put it in proper context, because I ask you to try using your $400 PC for the next 8 years without upgrading. That's a TON of money saved by the owner while still having a great gaming experience.
    This has been my argument every time this topic is brought up. a $400 PC is not going to play games on Ultra very well, and also will not withstand the test of time. None the less, PC's require maintenance, which consoles do not.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.