Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What's the current strongest 1v1 class, assuming noone gets the initiate ?

Which class would emerge victorious the most in a 1v1 situation where neither side gets the initiate they want.
    Let's say one jumps down a floor and another one comes from a tunnel, suddenly they're surprised and facing each other at a medium range.

Who would win the most cases ?

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo83x View Post
    Which class would emerge victorious the most in a 1v1 situation where neither side gets the initiate they want.
    Let's say one jumps down a floor and another one comes from a tunnel, suddenly they're surprised and facing each other at a medium range.

Who would win the most cases ?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...28patch-5-3%29

Deleted
    mage > demo lock > hunter > feral > monk. That's based on 19K duels won

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    Mage? No way. The rest seems accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    Demo locks, hunters, and ferals all beat mages so how can mage be higher than them? Remove mage and thats pretty good though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Demo locks, hunters, and ferals all beat mages so how can mage be higher than them?

Simple example:

Man U vs Arsenal 0-1
    Man U vs Liverpool 0-1
    Man U vs Chelsea 0-1

Yet Man U wins the championship because they win all their other games, whereas the other 3 lose against other teams.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    probably any hybrid atm.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

BM Hunter = Demo Lock > All

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    Simple example:

Man U vs Arsenal 0-1
    Man U vs Liverpool 0-1
    Man U vs Chelsea 0-1

Yet Man U wins the championship because they win all their other games, whereas the other 3 lose against other teams.
    Except Demo Lock, Feral and Hunter also beat pretty much everything (Demo Lock beating everything but DK's and good Rogues, surprisingly), while Mage loses to Warlocks, Hunters, Druids, Shamans and against DK's, Rogues, Monks and Shadow Priests its like 50/50. Mage is one of the shittier 1v1 classes these days, honestly.
    Last edited by mmocf11091e3a8; 2013-08-27 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    Except Demo Lock, Feral and Hunter also beat pretty much everything (Demo Lock beating everything but DK's and good Rogues, surprisingly), while Mage loses to Warlocks, Hunters, Druids, Shamans and against DK's, Rogues, Monks and Shadow Priests its like 50/50. Mage is one of the shittier 1v1 classes these days, honestly.
    Exactly, people like living in the past I guess. Wars might be added to that list come 5.4 with the changes they are getting.

1v1 is pretty irrelivant. Mages are still good 1v1 but they excel in arena since arenas are all about cc and burst, both of which mages excel at.

15+ Year Old Account
    Going with a wild card and gonna say Mistweaver monks, Mistweavers can almost kill every dps. As long as you have mana you are fine.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Demo lock = BM hunter >>>>> feral/balance druid = destro/affliction lock > ret = uh dk = elemental shaman = ww monk = MM hunter>> assassination/subtlety rogue = fire/frost mage = enhance shaman >>> warrior/frost dk

Actually that's from 5.4. All of above are arena-viable specs. Those that aren't viable past 2.2k aren't included.

Inb4 "lololol balance druids and affliction locks so bad". Affliction/destro have most of demo's tools are lacking in almost no regard (which is we see all 3 lock specs above 2.5k in the current season and they'll be even better off next season) and boomkins are just retardedly powerful between their self-healing/sustained damage/burst damage/control etc. etc. Just try versing a mildly competent boomkin 1v1.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-08-28 at 07:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Demo lock = BM hunter >>>>> feral/balance druid = destro/affliction lock > ret = uh dk = elemental shaman = ww monk = MM hunter>> assassination/subtlety rogue = fire/frost mage = enhance shaman >>> warrior/frost dk

Actually that's from 5.4. All of above are arena-viable specs. Those that aren't viable past 2.2k aren't included.

Inb4 "lololol balance druids and affliction locks so bad". Affliction/destro have most of demo's tools are lacking in almost no regard (which is we see all 3 lock specs above 2.5k in the current season and they'll be even better off next season) and boomkins are just retardedly powerful between their self-healing/sustained damage/burst damage/control etc. etc. Just try versing a mildly competent boomkin 1v1.
    I hope this is true, as a might restart playing this game with 5.4 (playing hunter only). :-D

Though I don't know if BM stays that strong, as BM profited very very much from Readiness.

A Rogue who's trying way too hard and can't admit to himself he needs to stop PvPing already.

I think the unstealthed rogue will be kinda boned, and I'm not sure that's very fair anyway. But many of the orders look mostly right in that world: You should see BM Hunter and Demo lock really well off. I'm surprised mages don't get rated that high in here, but I haven't followed the duels enough to know for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    monk, feral, and UH DK are all good 1v1.

Deleted
    feral by a long way

10+ Year Old Account
    Mistweaver Monks ;D A warrior with Second Wind is about the only thing I've ever had trouble with, but it's not like I'll ever die. xD

Deleted
    Destro Lock.