Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Where did Archimonde's skeleton go?

Remember before Cataclysm, when Hyjal wasn't accessible, you could only view it through eagle vision? Remember Archimonde's skeleton used to be there? Where did it go?

I'm pretty sure something that large doesn't go missing without some one noticing, and they can't exactly hide it or move it easily...

Old, pre-Cata Hyjal was dummied out, and everything in there was not supposed to be viewable at all. At this point we've seen the version of Hyjal we were supposed to see, which is the version we saw in Cata, which didn't have a giant skeleton. That would be the canon version of the site.

Which means that Archimonde's skeleton didn't go anywhere. Archimonde exploded and didn't leave a skeleton behind.

I think it got scrapped because it contradicted WC3's version. Archimonde explode into nothingness in WC3.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I think it got scrapped because it contradicted WC3's version. Archimonde explode into nothingness in WC3.
    I'm pretty sure that's the official explanation. That skeleton was never supposed to be there. The area you could see before Cataclysm was nothing more than a placeholder. Archimonde was pretty much vaporized when all the wisps exploded on him, and he left nothing behind. Maybe someone at Blizz got bored and decided to toss that in there for shits and giggles, thinking nobody would see it anyway.

This is Archimonde's death cinematic from WC3, and you can see that there's pretty much nothing left after:
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-08-26 at 07:56 PM.

Archimonde was not even close that big when we fought him in Hyjal...

Judging by the size of that skeleton, he wouldn't even be able to walk in that zone

The skeleton+armour was definitely a cool addition to the classic Hyjal zone, but it's been rendered non-canonical.

blizz screwed up, plain and simple

i don't know why that's so hard for people to say. they screwed up

Quote Originally Posted by mmotroof View Post

Yeah they screwed up, then fixed it.

I don't know why that is so hard for people to say. They fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by mmotroof View Post

Such a ball of sunshine aren't you?

OT: As others mentioned he exploded so there wouldn't be much left of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Killmaim Deathbringer View Post
    Remember before Cataclysm, when Hyjal wasn't accessible, you could only view it through eagle vision? Remember Archimonde's skeleton used to be there? Where did it go?
    Town council declared it to be an eyesore and had it removed :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post

Judging by the size of that skeleton, he wouldn't even be able to walk in that zone
    He did grow to be that size though. As he was drawing the power from the tree, his body and power grew.

Gee guys I wonder what EASTER EGGS are????

10+ Year Old Account
    A bit offtopic, but I remember sneaking into Hyjal back in vanilla.(used to be able to jump up some rocks in Winterspring (by the locked gate in the demon area) and the only way out was to hearth or jump off the platform where the fire druid chick was in Cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Mannoroth exploded too, and for some unexplainable reason, he left a skeleton.

Must be a demon thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    Must be a demon thing.
    He turned into pyreflies in FF-style.

Deleted
    I think the true question is that why the hell it was even put there? He literally got flashed to nothingness in the WC3 cinematic, leaving no skeleton whatsoever behind.
    Last edited by mmoc72727c7d9f; 2013-08-26 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    I think the true question is that why the hell it was even put there? He literally got flashed to nothingness in the WC3 cinematic, leaving no skeleton whatsoever behind.
    Dev having fun since it was a closed area?

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    Dev having fun since it was a closed area?
    Exactly this. It's clearly just a silly Easter Egg to reference the fact Archimonde died there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    I might be wrong but iirc Hyjal was supposed to be a vanilla zone but it didn't get finished in time.

Maybe a designer developed the zone (Hyjal) but he wasn't exactly a lore nut and didn't know the specifics (Archimonde turning to nothing) and so he made the skeleton, but it would have been removed before making it into the game as a zone.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post

It was outdoors.