Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Garrosh as the new Warchief

Imagine if the Garrosh we know has been an imposter the WHOLE time. We have seen it before with Shades, Dreadlords, and Dragons. Can you imagine if the Garrosh from Cataclysm was somehow captured and replaced? I remember a Garrosh that actually had honor. I remember a Garrosh that was so furious that innocent Night Elf women and children were killed by a mana-bomb that he threw a General off of a airship platform. I remember a Garrosh that almost kills you for using demonic powers to defend Splintertree Post and demands the demon's head that attempted to corrupt the Horde with fel magic. I remember the last time we REALLY saw Garrosh Hellscream kicking ass was when Deathwing's drakes attacked his ship and he crashed into the ocean.

Things seemed to change after that. When he returns, we was suddenly way more aggressive, he kicked most races out of the center of Orgrimmar, and he started using tactics that we had just seem him have issues with not long before... wiping out Theramore with a mana-bomb. He then proceeds into the downward spiral we have witness in Mist of Pandaria.

Like all expansions, after the final raid is release and the story is told, there is always a lead into the next chapter. Quests with Wrathion suggest that the next force we fight is going to be from beyond Azeroth, and that the Horde and Alliance will have to work together to stop it. Even in the quest lines, the images that Wrathion displays to the player is that of felfire falling from the sky, which strongly suggest Infernals and the Burning Legion. What if the Garrosh that is so out of control now is just an imposter set in place long ago? Kil'jaden, Varimathras, Balnazzar, Mephistroth, Detheroc, even Magatha Grimtotem... they are all still out there. What if the Garrosh Hellscream that we have come to know and hate so much is just a place holder for the Burning Legion's return, and the real Garrosh Hellscream is just a prisoner.

With all of the internet rumors about Burning Legion, Queen Azshara, and the Dark Below, it seems fitting that the races of Azeroth would be tricked into war and softening ourselves up for another invasion. This has all happened before, when with Burning Legion created the Lich King and the Scourge to kill everyone in preparation for their arrival.

I am in no way rooting for Garrosh, in fact, if I could choose anyone has a Warchief I would pick Varok Saurfang, but something tells me that Garrosh Hellscream, the REAL Garrosh Hellscream, is going to be the Warchief... and he is going to be really pissed off that someone has messing with the Horde.

Deleted
    Kosak pretty much closed that speculation on the latest interview with Jesse Cox. Garrosh is Garrosh, no one else.

Yes and no.

Thrall will draw the Sha from him and force him into exile, watching over the horde till his return. Garrosh will return from his wandering just in time to warn of an impending legion assault. Whoever replaces Thrall will refuse to step down sighting Garrosh's previous madness and force him to find less likely allies in order to protect the horde without their help.

10+ Year Old Account
    heard this before, it seems how many garrosh fans want to try and rationalize Garrosh being the bad guy now as if something happened to him suddenly, making him turn evil.

Kosak, the story designer of this, has told you outright, that Garrosh was a bad seed to start, he always has been, but he simply grew into something worse over time as all bad seeds do. Its like a psychopath who pulled bug wings off insects when he was a kid and got enjoyment from it, thats that kind of character Garrosh is.
    Kosak told you outright this is what they intended for him, so suck it up please and deal with it. you picked the wrong horse!

Its like battered wife syndrome.. battered loyalist goon syndrome
    #boycottchina

It would be very logical..... but sadly its just because of bad storywriting

10+ Year Old Account
    what are you saying the Dark Phoenix wasn't the real Jean Grey? it was actually a psychic projection of Jean Grey who was actually in a coma beneath Jamaica Bay who was in fact a clone of the real jean grey from another time line who was in fact jean grey daughter from the future?

at least it will be unexpected

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Kosak pretty much closed that speculation on the latest interview with Jesse Cox. Garrosh is Garrosh, no one else.
    why are people unable to accept this, or accept that he's just a bad guy?
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor Garrosh, the last of the Hellscream...

I thought Horde were meant to be the bad guys anyways? I must have missed the part were they became a bunch of gay tree hugging hippies

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Garrosh is Garrosh, no one else.
    Even more, there's some parallelism between Garrosh and his father Grom, who also became corrupted in his quest for power and paid with his life later on. Lorewise it makes much more sense having Garrosh repeat the mistakes of the past instead of pulling some mysterious evil twin plot.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Lorewise it would've made sense for Garrosh to have learned not to make the same mistakes because of exposure to all sorts of people warning him of the dangers and potential consequences of it.
    many characters needed a foil, one who wasn't a big evil lich king/dragon aspect type, and garrosh fit the bill, being a foil for multiple characters.
    #boycottchina

The Garrosh in MoP turning out to be an imposter would be a gigantic copout and a stupid move by blizzard. It's the real Garrosh, there's no magical corruption, no impersonation. It's him, and he's evil because of his own flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Because character development was so abysmal that people just looking for any kind of logical reasoning. LK aka Sauron was kinda bad but at least he was funny with his " I almost got you this time!" stuff. Garrosh - depression to I'm gona kill all humans to I'm the master to Oh! I'm kinda good guy- No! I'm evil and now I'm also insane! Bad story writing trough out all of Cata and MoP, not only about Garrosh but as a whole in general. OP idea though used often would actually top any stuff Blizzard come up so far. At least we kill the maniac on the end so that is some kind of consolation.

I can't wait until the final cut scene releases for 5.4, maybe then people can finally let Garrosh go. Unless the legion swoops in and saves his ass before we bury an axe in his back, then we're all doomed for another several years.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like how they've written this story and what they've done to Garrosh either, but he's dead and gone at the end of MOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Obliteros View Post
    Imagine if the Garrosh we know has been an imposter the WHOLE time. We have seen it before with Shades, Dreadlords, and Dragons. ... I remember a Garrosh that was so furious that innocent Night Elf women and children were killed by a mana-bomb that he threw a General off of a airship platform.
    Cue "I think you may have let your imagination run away a little too far already."
    Dreadlord theories are cool, but Garrosh's character arc just got cut in half by Blizzard's attempt at thematic convenience, yeah. All to say.
    It wasn't long ago / I was just like you / And now I think I'm sick and I wanna go home!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    what if SEARING WOLVES? The possibilities?!!?

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    "Because Daddy says I love you with his fists" - Every Garrosh Fanboy

Face it man, they are a dying breed. Just let the last of these Dodos march themselves into extinction. If Blizzard had truly done their Job of making Garrosh a gloriously loathsome and respectable villain as they had with Arthas and Pre-SC2 Kerrigan we wasting my time in this thread right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd have to see I've seen a lot more sons and daughters tread the footsteps of their failed parents than learn from them.

I think part of the reason that people don't like it is it doesn't feel like a story, it feels like some jacked-up real situation. Which is a win for the writers I suppose.

It's either that or TERRIBLE writing. I can't decide which.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    "Because Daddy says I love you with his fists" - Every Garrosh Fanboy

Face it man, they are a dying breed. Just let the last of these Dodos march themselves into extinction. If Blizzard had truly done their Job of making Garrosh a gloriously loathsome and respectable villain as they had with Arthas and Pre-SC2 Kerrigan we wasting my time in this thread right now.
    My favorite Blizz villain is probably Arcturus Mengsk.