Poll: Do you run LFR for gear despite not enjoying the content?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Poll: Do you run LFR for gear despite not enjoying the content?

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...53516469530624

Do you run LFR for gear for more than 2 weeks despite not enjoying the content (clarification: by "content" I mean any aspect of LFR, as poll suggests)?

Please answer only if you are a N or H raider.

CLARIFICATION: Yes, I mean on your main.

-----Updated-----

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Didn't miss that he was talking about H raiders. I said it first, after all. My point was just that there are still a lot of players who don't enjoy LFR but feel obligated to run it for gear. https://twitter.com/GeodewMW/status/371356808775876608

Also: https://twitter.com/GeodewMW/status/372041314923081728
    Last edited by Geodew; 2013-08-27 at 12:04 AM.

Undecided on this one; I enjoy the last part of LFR so I do that on my priest every week even though I don't need gear from it. I never do the first part of lfr on my priest since it's boring as hell to heal.

On my Resto Druid alt I'll do the last part if I feel like it. But I have yet to complete the other parts of lfr this week because I know I would just be bored; even though I definitely need the gear.

On my main (prot-pal), no. This is largely a function of t15 (and t14) having shit set bonuses for Prot, and BIS trinkets being RPPM and therefore scaling poorly at low ilvl. I don't think I've even fully completed t15 LFR ever on my Paladin.

My alts (Monk, DK) do LFR very begrudgingly, only sometimes, and only under the influence of many beers, for the legendary items.

If I was a DPS with a very broken set bonus, then maybe...but being a tank, IDGAF about set bonuses and would rather just use higehr iLVL off-set pieces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

On my main character? Yep. On my alts? Only if I feel like it.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    Yes.

Because I can't find a guild because of elitists, but want to keep up with the legendary quest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    On my main character? Yep. On my alts? Only if I feel like it.
    Agreed.
    Obviously this only applies if I actually need something on my main. Looking at the trinkets.... yep.
    I do not enjoy running it on my alts a lot either. While it is fun and refreshing to try out some mistweaver healing, the enjoyment of lfr is gone once I hit second week of levelcapped. At that point it becomes a grind for gear and legendary quest items.

10+ Year Old Account
    by content do you mean the the raid itself? like do i hate ToT? if so then no. the raid is a very interesting one. the only thing i didnt like was its linear. but the story, the bosses, the artwork, all very nicely done.

do you mean LFR because of the horrible community that tries to troll? then yah i still run LFR for transmog items despite the unpleasant trolling. i like the color set of some outfits more then i like the Norm/heroic variations.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2013-08-26 at 08:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

I think you missed the 'unless their progression in heroic was really slow' part of GC's post. For your heroic progression to be slow, one generally assumes you're clearing normal and some heroics. If I was 6+/13H by week 3 of ToT I doubt I would have really felt required to do LFR. Maybe to go after Rune of RO or get a 4 piece a week or two early, but if I missed it I doubt I'd care much.

Of course it actually took me longer to clear Normal, so I did do LFR for more than 2 weeks and I still do it as the mood takes me for random offspec/valor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I can't seem to get the damned Ji'Kun, or Primordius trinkets to save my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by maezer View Post
    I think you missed the 'unless their progression in heroic was really slow' part of GC's post. For your heroic progression to be slow, one generally assumes you're clearing normal and some heroics. If I was 6+/13H by week 3 of ToT I doubt I would have really felt required to do LFR. Maybe to go after Rune of RO or get a 4 piece a week or two early, but if I missed it I doubt I'd care much.

Of course it actually took me longer to clear Normal, so I did do LFR for more than 2 weeks and I still do it as the mood takes me for random offspec/valor.
    Didn't miss that he was talking about H raiders. I said it first, after all. My point was just that there are still a lot of players who don't enjoy LFR but feel obligated to run it for gear. https://twitter.com/GeodewMW/status/371356808775876608

Also: https://twitter.com/GeodewMW/status/372041314923081728
    Last edited by Geodew; 2013-08-26 at 08:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy LFR because with my dead server and play time schedule, this is probably the only way I would even get to see new raid content.

GC's remark is based on false assumption that people have over 75% chance to get gear from every boss. Getting reward from any mode of raiding is heavily reliant on RNG, which usually doesn't turn into player's favor. In other words: chances to win anything are abysmally small and based on luck.

Thus people have to do all raid modes, which are inferior to their current one. This is also another reason why introducing Flex, as additional raid mode and raid sub-tier, is a huge mistake.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2013-08-26 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    I enjoy LFR because with my dead server and play time schedule, this is probably the only way I would even get to see new raid content.
    The poll, even the third option, is meant for people who already get to see the raid via Normal or Heroic. I said that in the OP, chief. :P

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaswarrior View Post
    Yes.

Because I can't find a guild because of elitists, but want to keep up with the legendary quest.
    Blaming a small group of people for not being able to find a guild lol

The moment I'll be able to transmog normal/heroic gear into its LFR/Flex equivalent is the moment I stop running LFR/Flex. Not necessarily because I dislike the content but because it really doesn't help with keeping the raid from burning out for me.

Who cares really. Running LFR is a choice you make. Guilds are completely capable of running MV wearing nothing but heroic blues and maybe some valor gear if you take the time to grind your valor. You have to realize that when you join LFR that not everyone will know the fights or care about it. Sometimes you will wipe, sometimes you will run into idiots, sometimes you will be completely unlucky and have the worse group ever. If you make the choice to participate in it, and don't understand these things and don't have as much fun as you are able...you only have yourself to blame. But again....LFR is a choice and is completely optional.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really enjoy the content. Content isn't even an issue. I just don't enjoy having 2 boomkin healers, one afk paladin in a corner and 6 dead dps busy flaming other people for being shit, when they're the ones standing in fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    The Ashpole?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkstarG View Post
    LFR is a choice and is completely optional.
    Yep! In the same way that flasking is completely optional because the fight can be done without it. Everyone should just stop flasking because there is really no point. Farming the gold for flasks is a waste of time. It's not necessary to kill the boss, so why would you do it?

(The above paragraph was complete sarcasm.)

Point being that players will run content that they don't enjoy for advantages while raiding N/H to be maximally competitive. Some advantages, like Flasks, are easily accessible and promote MMO economy. Some, like LFR, are just a grindy time sink for most players. If players are doing things they don't enjoy because they feel compelled to do so (by other aspects of that game that they do enjoy), I think that is a glaring game design flaw and I don't see why anyone would reasonably disagree.

Just returning from a 9month break, I actually do enjoy the lfr content; it is quite refreshing.

Deleted
    I was running it a long time on my main because I was slacking on the legendary quest chain. So whenever I missed a boss for swapping in someone else / my alt for gear I had to do it on LFR to get the secrets (I started the 5.1 quest in 5.2 so was 3 weeks late on secrets).

Nowadays I only run it with friends that are running it for the same reason, to provide moral support for the traumatising experience that LFR is. We usually try to be atleast 2, sometimes 3 or 4 running LFR. None of the people enjoy it, but only their for the gear or to provide some social support for the ones that need the gear. It becomse a bit more bearable when you run it with friends since you can pretend you are at your "Happy place" and not in an actual LFR.

I know you said for mains, but I think alts are relevant too. The same person is playing alt/mains.
    I do run LFR on multiple alts each week both for gear and/or legendary quest weeks. This week I have run T14+T15 LFR on my druid (on Sigils legendary part), did T15 LFR on my hunter and half T15 LFR on my monk. I still should do T14+T15 LFR on my warlock, T15 completed on my monk and T15 on my other hunter. But really, doing LFR on more then 3 characters (well 2.5) in 1 week would burn me out. I am not sure I could take that burden. That nagging pain that I should do it on more characters because it is easy gear for no effort is really eating me up. Next week I am gonna try to get myself to do T15 LFR fully on 4 characters atleast, but not sure I am gonna be able to do it. Think I am gonna try to get my friends in for support.