Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[MUSIC] EMINEM releases new song "Berserk" for his new album

WTF.... In my opinion it's horrible and this is coming from someone who can recite his first 3 albums word for word. He's been going so downhill since Encore. I've tried to give him chances since then but there's only so much I can take after Relapse and Recovery. He used to be one of the greatest rappers ever if not THE greatest rapper.. but now I ask myself how did I ever put this guy in my top 3 rappers list..

http://www.audiomack.com/song/fashionably-early/berzerk

Last edited by Chingylol; 2013-08-27 at 02:53 AM.

Shit, I had to turn it off after about 15-20seconds.

I used to listen to his first 3 albums all the time when I was younger, he was really great at the start. Now the music he makes is pretty sub standard. I mean, he has pretty good wordplay and metaphors but his new skool flow is shit and the songs are terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

The thing is that he tried to make it kind of a new age "Old School" rap song and you can tell from the Beastie Boy-like sound.. But it sounds so cluttered and cheesy it's almost like... disrespectful to them in a way.

Drugs have seriously turned Em's brain to mush..

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    The thing is that he tried to make it kind of a new age "Old School" rap song and you can tell from the Beastie Boy-like sound.. But it sounds so cluttered and cheesy it's almost like... disrespectful to them in a way.

Drugs have seriously turned Em's brain to mush..
    i think he was better when he WAS on drugs as opposed to when he got clean lol

10+ Year Old Account
    It's his voice. Why has it become so nasally over the years? Ugh. Terrible.

That and he's trying to adopt all this pop-influenced over-production that most hip-hop falls victim to these days. He was always a "poppy" sort of rapper, but it's only his last few albums that have been so ruined by it.

I was expecting to not like. I was not expecting it to be as horrible as it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck. That is not the Eminem I know, but then again he's been going downhill...

It's alright, interested to see how the rest of the album goes. Only problem with the song is how overproduced it is. It's practically impossible to even understand what he's saying in a lot of spots, too much random background noise. Could certainly be worse, but it isn't totally amazing.

I normally hate rap. In fact, other than old school rap, Eminem is about the only person I ever listen to on occasion. This song though? Good Lord. My ears! I wish I could unhear what I just heard.

Deleted
    Dear god that was awful.. I usually enjoy his music but that was unbearable.

its not that bad
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    its not that bad
    no, it really is that bad

Music is Subjective, can't really expect everyone to hate it just because you do, the same for if you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    no, it really is that bad
    better then the majority of crap i hear on a daily basis
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post

Just like every other musician ever.

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    Sadly often the case of many creative people.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

you do know he was deliberately trying to sound beasty boys right?
    Free-To-Play is the future.

Idk, I liked it. It's different, which I always like about em. Better then listening to the same recycled crap from every other mainstream rap artist.

I'm undecided about it, but wait for the rest of the album to come out before judging it. The past 3 or 4 have had a pretty big share of good and bad songs imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk i kinda like it aside from the background shit and the voice effects.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P