Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Why Lor'themar is likely to be Warchief (With valid logic and reasons)

With the next patch being released in a few weeks, and having been confirmed that we learn who the next Warchief will be in the SoO closing cinematic, it has come to my attention as to who is most likely to be the new leader of the Horde.

Wrathion: But that idiot idiot, Wrynn, High King indeed. Why did he allow another Warchief, he could of united the world under the Alliance banner.

Lor'themar Theron says: Now, I look at our Warchief, and I begin to see the very same racism. He is willing to throw away our lives for his agenda.
    Lor'themar Theron says: Know this: I won't stand idle if the Horde interests conflict with those of my people. I may reconsider old Alliances.

King Varian Wrynn says: I was trying to negotiate with the Sin'dorei. I was opening discussions to bring them into the Alliance! By attacking their people, you've forced their hand-

Right there it seems like this is the reason as to why Varian aloud a Warchief to be chosen. And it was stated that his choice will cause even more friction between him and Jaina, and by allowing a new Horde leader could do just the trick for such friction. And while I would expect Thrall to simply reclaim the title of Warchief, it seems like for some reason he has no say or is missing during the decision.
    World of Warcraft: Level 60 Blood Elf Holy Paladin

Does seem plausible. I'd be dissapointed, but that just further strengthens the chances.

Didn't they also say something like it might be who we think it'll be? Would fit right in with them throwing us off with Vol'jin's bigger role, just to have Lor'themar get the title.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    The thing is though, that neither Vol'jin or Lor'themar have ever expressed wanting to replace Garrosh as Warchief. Wanting to dethrone/remove/kill him, yes. Replace him, no.

There's also the fact that with the death of Garrosh, not only will the Horde be without a Warchief, the orcs will also be without a leader.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Lor'themar does not even like being the regent lord least pretend to be warchief. I think his greatest wish is to be a ranger in the blood of the Highborne novella does not like having a high political office

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    The thing is though, that neither Vol'jin or Lor'themar have ever expressed wanting to replace Garrosh as Warchief. Wanting to dethrone/remove/kill him, yes. Replace him, no.

There's also the fact that with the death of Garrosh, not only will the Horde be without a Warchief, the orcs will also be without a leader.
    If you wish to dethrone someone that means you will start thinking about who to replace that someone. So both Vol'jin and Lor'themar will think about who is best to replace Garrosh. I am leaning more towards Lor'themar of those two though. Because of the incident with the Isle of Thunder quest chain.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    If you wish to dethrone someone that means you will start thinking about who to replace that someone. So both Vol'jin and Lor'themar will think about who is best to replace Garrosh. I am leaning more towards Lor'themar of those two though. Because of the incident with the Isle of Thunder quest chain.
    Oh they are no doubt thinking about it obviously, but that doesn't mean that *they* want the mantle. Honestly, I'm pretty sure Vol'jin would want Thrall back.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    They did say that a character not to be expected would be the next Warchief.

I am placing my money on Rexxar returning and becoming the next Warchief since he
    has had such a minor role in WoW so far.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Lor'themar does not even like being the regent lord least pretend to be warchief. I think his greatest wish is to be a ranger in the blood of the Highborne novella does not like having a high political office
    While that is true, that short story took place before Wotlk - things have no doubt changed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syrith View Post
    They did say that a character not to be expected would be the next Warchief.

I am placing my money on Rexxar returning and becoming the next Warchief since he
    has had such a minor role in WoW so far.
    Rexxar doesn't want to live in a city, nor does he want to lead. Nor has he been seen since Wotlk - no Rexxar for you.

While that is true, that short story took place before Wotlk - things have no doubt changed.

- - - Updated - - -

Rexxar doesn't want to live in a city, nor does he want to lead. Nor has he been seen since Wotlk - no Rexxar for you.
    the isle of thunder while the mogu cons fight on the front lines talking about how much he dislikes being a politician and how much you like being a ranger

Vol'jin and Lor'thremar have been built up the most lore-wise this xpac, as far as possible Warchief replacements. Them and Thrall are the only logical choices. Lor'thremar is the only one who is both realistically possible as well as not the expected choice.

I still think Vol'jin is more likely (or maybe would have higher betting odds, haha) but I would not be surprised at any of those three.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I could see it being Lor'themar for one reason:

He's willing to make a truce with the Alliance for the greater good.

Whether the next xpac is Azshara or the Burning Legion, both would require the combined might.

However, if this is the case, Aethas better be punished for the betrayal. >_>

I still get the feeling there will be the Horde equivalent of the Council of the Three Hammers.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post

Whether the next xpac is Azshara or the Burning Legion, both would require the combined might.

... Aethas didn't betray anyone. Hell, Jaina betrayed him by locking him up and issuing martial law in the city of Dalaran. Aethas and all the other Sunreavers were set up by Songweaver and Silverthorn, rogue-agents of Garrosh.

Nothing will surprise me at this point in time

My money is still on Thrall but if they elect fucking gamon it wouldnt surprise me

Silverthorn is a reliquary member

Thrall could still be leader of the orcs. Also, not that I want Lor'tehmar to be Warchief, but it has been thrown out there that he'd be willing to take it.

Grand Magister Rommath says: My Lord. YOU would make a fine Warchief.
    Lor'themar Theron says: It may come to that. Bring me my blades. The next move is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post

Vol'jin is already showing he's willing to make alliances with them if they must. He can also keep the conflict alive once the danger is gone and he is a close personal friend of Thrall. I just don't see how it could not be Vol'jin.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Silverthorn is a reliquary member
    Exactly, but it was his actions that made Jaina go all apeshit on the Sunreavers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Thrall could still be leader of the orcs. Also, not that I want Lor'tehmar to be Warchief, but it has been thrown out there that he'd be willing to take it.
    "It may come to that", is not exactly overly affirmative.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Vol'jin is already showing he's willing to make alliances with them if they must. He can also keep the conflict alive once the danger is gone and he is a close personal friend of Thrall. I just don't see how it could not be Vol'jin.
    Because at no point has he expressed that he wanted to be warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    only if necessary

Someone didnt want the Blood Elves to join the alliance

Why did they leave an obvious footprint in darnassus?