Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cool What classes can 1v1 a healer?

Pretty self explanitory. Healers are the bane of my existence, and I want to know what class can consistently kill them by themself.
    Thanks

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WWL View Post
    Pretty self explanitory. Healers are the bane of my existence, and I want to know what class can consistently kill them by themself.
    Thanks
    Arms warrior while in burst phase like every 3 min. At 1600 rating.

id say WW monk, rogue has enough lockdown to do it aswell (based on own experiences)... I guess warr can to, takes time though.

And my final bet on what class is best to kill healers... DK'YAAAAAAY

I consistently kill them as Windwalker with relative ease. A really good druid can avoid me for like a minute or two if he is kiting perfectly. I expect DK, Rogue, and Mage also have no trouble.

Dikey hands down

No doubt a Death Knight is the best candidate to 1vs1 any healer. Why? They possess 1 silence, 1 interrupt, an annoying pet that can stun you with a hit, a dispel if glyphed for it and oh yeah something called Necrotic Strike.

Depends if they have peels or not. Death Knights are far far far ahead of anyone else at killing healers. Other classes that can do it are Mages, Rogues, Ferals and Windwalkers. It still might take a few minutes for most of these classes to win a 1v1 though. The only class that can straight up kill Healers in the opener is mages, assuming the healer doesn't use any defensive CDs.

DK fo sho.(unholy)
    Last edited by Decorpse; 2013-08-27 at 10:05 PM.

I myself can solo healers on my Demo lock with Goserv; pop imps, build some fury, pop cooldowns start nuking, deathcoil (3 secs), continue nuking, Felguard Axe Toss (3secs), continue nuking, Goserv felpuppy silence (3/6 secs). Job done.
    Read the signature rules

Deleted
    ^ Seems to me you should switch around deathcoil and goserv, so you get extra damage from the pet.

Blizzard keeps it pretty finely tuned so that equal skill/gear dps is barely not able to kill a healer solo.

That's good imo, if it was balanced in a way that 1 dps could kill 1 healer then there wouldn't really be any point to bring any healers with you at all (except maybe flag carry maps).

15+ Year Old Account
    While my rogue isn't super geared I can kill healers most of the time 1v1, really though when does ever happen though. in most my cases the healer can delay long enough for help to arrive at the very least. Its not a matter of bursting though, I widdle them down slowly and once I get them where they're guard is down and their feeling confident I blow CDs and just wreck em. Its definitely a game of chess though, kinda trying to get them to use their defenses before that point though, because if i use my CDs and they use theirs, they can cancel each other out in most cases.

My elemental shaman can just destroy healers though, not even a match in most cases. If both me and the healer get to free cast - I always win. But common... who is dumb enough to let a shaman ascend on them or their healer with out even trying to CC them.

Deleted
    Apart from an unholy dk maybe feral under a lot of circumstances.

As a hunter I have a god damn hard time to kill a healer. If he is a little geared and skilled, I have the impression that there's almost no way to kill a healer. The most disappointing thing is, that most classes aren't even able to force a healer to consume mana, and this is just incredible... how can such a thing even exist?

Don't let a dps kill a healer in 1on1, fine, but at least make the healer consume his mana, so that he is oom (=dead) after like 5 min. That's long enough to NOT be able to say "what's the point to bring a healer in a BG or Arena?".

In it's current state, the game doesn't force healers to consume any mana at all in 1on1 situations. That's just BS.

In 1on1 a healer has like two health bars:

400.000 direct HP
    98.988.997.672.387.674.923.823.984 HP through mana (not more than this, as at this point his gear will break)
    Last edited by Sarevoc; 2013-08-28 at 03:57 PM.

Ret paladin is the only class that really lights me (Resto druid) up consistently.

DK can without too much trouble. Ret with cooldowns. Shadow Preist with proper setup, Affliction lock due to just wearing the healer out then blanket fear, into silence, into shadow fury. Mage can shatter kill with deepfreeze, frost orb and fire with the perfect CC chain.

Deleted
    Mage / Ele / Ret with rare crit and procc streaks, catching a healer off guard. A more reliable approach to making a healer hate life is bringing a DK though.
    (This is from playing disc at 1.9k and restoshaman at ~2.2k, and from every healer I've talked to )

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevoc View Post
    In it's current state, the game doesn't force healers to consume any mana at all in 1on1 situations. That's just BS.
    Why should a dps be able to force a win against a healer by default?
    Not that I don't agree in the big picture - mana should be really tight for (group) pvp healing in my opinion - but what's with the 1v1 entitlement?

Quote Originally Posted by Staalie View Post
    I myself can solo healers on my Demo lock with Goserv; pop imps, build some fury, pop cooldowns start nuking, deathcoil (3 secs), continue nuking, Felguard Axe Toss (3secs), continue nuking, Goserv felpuppy silence (3/6 secs). Job done.
    This but I do it a little different, I use Gosac but I keep my felpup out, pop imps, build fury, Silence, blow all my cd's, nuke, Silence again, nuke, mortal coil, nuke, dead.

Why do I use Gosac and still have my pet out? If you use Gosac and still have your felpup out you can silence, hit Gosac and silence again right after that, Gosac resets your silence which is extremely useful and not many know about it so shhhhh...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylis View Post
    not many know about it so shhhhh...
    shhhh as in im gonna post it on mmo-champion ._.