Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    oh yes the day has been great. I've seen a bunch of ignorant fangirls rev about an illusion like they think its real, well ignoring the released video of all the horde and alliance leaders standing over Garrosh's corpse.
    Yes, it has been a good day indeed.
    As i said before, i know that these's just an ilusion and it won't happen, but it would be a cool twist

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Oks, Moon Blade, Trassk, you're right, the only thing i wanted to point out is that it would be cool if the bad guys win at least once (is true that they can't have the utterly victory)
    Yeah, they don't need to win the entire game to get a leg up on us by the end of an expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    and with that said they do. Look at Deathwing's destruction in the world, look at the Vale in 5.4 amongst other things. Those are the victories, they are reversed and turned into defeats by our characters as gameplay
    The problem is that most of those are small victories, and in case of Deathwing, that's was only when he appeared, he didn't fought anyone, it would have been a victory if he had to fight the aspect, and in the end he got the world to that state, etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    Oks, Moon Blade, Trassk, you're right, the only thing i wanted to point out is that it would be cool if the bad guys win at least once (is true that they can't have the utterly victory)
    Then your in the wrong game. You really are. You want to have all faction leaders and factions destroyed by garrosh.. and then wow dies and you people have nothing left to bitch about. Think logically on this for a moment please, you seem like someone who has more common sense then the others here, so I'm guessing you know what your hoping for couldn't happen.

Villians winning in video games doesn't mean they keep going. Take Kefka from ff6, who did achieve his goal, he did destroy the world, but the heroes in that game still pulled together and killed him in the end.

Wow is not a lineal grimdark fantasy, its an mmorpg with progressive storyline.
    #boycottchina

Velen's people already experienced genocide from the orcs once. You'd think he'd want to get involved in this conflict of orcs trying to commit genocide.

No, they can't, in the same way no one faction, Alliance or Horde, will ever have a decisive and utter victory over the other. Even when one faction is romping around the other's with an army and offering a title "Conqueror of Orgrimmar" for doing it.
    Its called epilogue.

They do have victories now and again. The ending of Throne of the Tides for example. They just don't win at the end of the story, ie raids.

Then your in the wrong game. You really are. You want to have all faction leaders and factions destroyed by garrosh.. and then wow dies and you people have nothing left to bitch about. Think logically on this for a moment please, you seem like someone who has more common sense then the others here, so I'm guessing you know what your hoping for couldn't happen.

Villians winning in video games doesn't mean they keep going. Take Kefka from ff6, who did achieve his goal, he did destroy the world, but the heroes in that game still pulled together and killed him in the end.

Hehe - saying that reminds me of a great Big Finish Doctor Who quote:

"I keep telling them that it's useless to take over the universe. It too big to manage, and as a piece of real-estate it's valueless - as, by definition, you'd have no one to sell it to."

On a serious note... yeah - that is the whole problem with "Progress through combat/competition" - because, when you run out of people to kill/defeat - you'll have nobody left to kill, and since all you know how to do is fight - you'll eventually start fighting eachother... and the whole cycle starts alllll over again.

No, there is no "epilogue" to a story still being written.
    Oh sorry, you think I would want such thing now?

can you at least pretend to be coherent?
    I dont know, can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I really don't get sentiments like this. Yes, if you don't do anything, he has the power to kill you and a whole lot of people. So what do you do? You break his gates, smash your way into the very heart of his home, raid your way into his very seat of power, murder everything in your way, and end show him that those who would threaten your home will be crushed beneath your heel.

I really don't see how the Alliance is seeing this victory as being victimized. The more powerful and domineering the opponent, the more you are the underdog, the greater the hero you become. The higher the peak of glory. Would you really feel like heroes if there was no imminent threat? If the Alliance never suffered losses, and you scored one victory after another?

Enjoy your revenge. Revel in the might of the challenge before you. For gods sake stop lying on the ground like you're being punched in the nuts over and over.
    I lulzed...hard!!! Yeah we break his gate open...blah blah blah along with our enemy! We now help the very people who we were supposed to be fighting this entire time, because now, they decided that Garrosh was being mean to them. They are not replacing him because he was mean to the Alliance, but because he turned on THEM. You can say whatever you want, all I have to say is, Cata revolved around Thrall, Mop revolved around Garrosh...nuff said you cannot counter either of those points, they are fact. And based on that alone =fuck you ally.

But hey, w/e I just paid for a faction xfer this week, I am now on the winning side, let the horde centric game continue please.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Ogres are dumb and easily tricked/ defeated. Garrosh is smart and cunning and willing to do anything to win. an ogre would stop attacking you if you offered him food >.<
    /point behind Garrosh

"Look! Is that an Alliance Horseman heading towards us!?"

/Garrosh swivels head

"WHAAT!?! HOW DARE THOSE ALLIANCE DOGS COME CHALLENGE THE MIGHT OF...."

/club Garrosh's head over with a mallet

Looks like the draenei and gnomes get to live. I am ok with this outcome.

And thus we establish you haven't a bloody clue what "coherent" means.
    It translates to "súvislý" in my language. And I know what that means.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah i understand, and is true i did express myself wrong, i don't want Garrosh to have the utterly victory, but i think it would be cool if he win these figth, and that also means make a big impact in the horde and the alliance, putting them in the big question: "How can we beat him and how can we prepare for the comming dissaster", that victory doesn't require the death of all faction leaders, but you know that these will also be an unexpected twist, if he see Thrall, Voljin, Sylvanas (my lady), Vol'jin, Jaina, Lorthemar, Varian, Anduin, Tyrande death, it won't leave the faction leaderless either, cause... for all those race we have others who can take their place, we still have the gnome leader (i forgot his name... mekkatorque :P ), Genn Greymane, Crowley, the dwarf council, Malfurion, Veressa, Velen, even Turalion can come back, and the same with the horde, we have the Goblins, Nathanos, Halduron with Rommath and Aethas, Saurfang, etc..., the death of these character even if its a big blow to the horde and the alliance and even to us the players, doesn't mean the end, also i know that the vision itself can't become true, cause that will be the last stand, and that means that all other resistence would have been destroyed, all the other rebelds, the rest of the alliance in Kalimdor, and undercity with silvermoon, including Ironforge.....

Again, i'm sorry i didn't express myself as i should have

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    They do have victories now and again. The ending of Throne of the Tides for example. They just don't win at the end of the story, ie raids.
    True, or just with Theramore (poor theramore, i loved that place :S )

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently if you play mass effect, infamous, dragon age, fable, black and white and choose to be the bad guy you are messed up? You can't possibly see how drowning your sims, blowing up your simcity , being the renegade etc is fun? 0o

I love playing black and white 2 and being the evil god..the enemy evil god is like "i'm evil i will destroy your citys", and I'm like "how cute, here I'll help you" * sacrifices 2/3 of the population for a mana boost*
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-08-27 at 10:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And your language is? Either your translator isn't working or, you really don't understand what "coherent" means.
    is Slovak, and yes i did looked for it in google translate :P

like when the bad guy they love actually dies and they can't grasp the fact thats what happens to bad guys.
    The problem is that today's gamers want to be/fantasize about being the Bad Guy.

Just look what happened to Star Wars: The Old Republic. It was literally 10-to-1 in favor of the Empire. Everybody wanted to be some form of "Darth" this or "Sith" that...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Apparently if you play mass effect, dragon age
    if you think you play a "bad guy" in mass effect/dragon age (2) then you clearly don't know what a bad guy is.