Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    I remember saying something along the lines of it probably being a part of the heroic Garrosh encounter...

But yes, many Alliance fans flew into a rage when it was mined. But considering things from Cata to now, I can't really fault them for thinking the worst.
    I do get where they were coming from, kind of. But still, at least wait until you have something more concrete to go on before going off half cocked. I didn't care for it either, but I at least withheld judgement until I knew the full context.

Did someone notice that Velen isn't there? Is Garrosh afraid of Velen maybe?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by flavourcat54 View Post
    When I did see those Sha-touched images of SW, I feared for the worst but I thought-if Orgrimmar is besieged and there is a large fleet that is spoken of being amassed in one of the Escalation quests, how in the hell will True Horde ships make it past them? I doubt it would be feasible. But anyway, I look forward to what the final two visions (Temple of the White Tiger, Caverns of Time) will involve. Especially since the first 2 visions seems canon, the 3rd begs the question how Kairoz would be there in SoO, and how can the Vision of Time conjure up a non-canon illusion of all the leaders impaled. So many un-answered questions!
    It's the multiple timeways that Azeroth's time has. Just like the End Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Piitz View Post
    Did someone notice that Velen isn't there? Is Garrosh afraid of Velen maybe?
    I don't think he know's who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by greeeed View Post
    they got angry because blizzard have resources to destroy SW ( whatever for cut-scene or raid encounter ) and to upgrade Orgrimmar (again) but not for rebuilding SW...
    Well, they always have resources to show the destruction of some alliance settlement, or to upgrad some horde town, just never the other way around. Kind of like warlocks get new spells and animations twice per addon while other classes still run around with animations that looked old before WoW first went life.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Yanno, I'm as pro Alliance as it gets.

But I remember when this shit was data mined, almost every Alliance player lost their freaking minds with butthurt rage. And now.. this.

To my fellow lovers of the Alliance, please, learn to chill the hell out, and not act as if everything is a personal affront. It's really not. We should learn to temper our loyalties with common sense. And stop going all Linda Hamilton at The Playground every time something happens we don't like.

Cause now, guess who looks like assholes? We do. Food for thought guys.
    Most of the frustration I saw when it was datamined came from the fact that Blizzard just got done saying they can't change old zones to show Alliance victory because it would take away from new content for the next expansion. Then they turn around and change an old zone to show Garrosh's victory. If it's a single event/raid, that's even less time it will be seen/experienced content yet it didn't take away from expansion content somehow.

Most took it as Blizzard can spend time fucking up Alliance territory, but suggesting a change to Horde areas and it's suddenly not possible because it would take away expansion development.

That was the majority gripe I saw, anyway. And I can kind of understand the sentiment.

how dare they not impale all alliance leaders! so much rage.

10+ Year Old Account
    So front page reveals this is a vision of a timeline thread, a possible outcome where we see a future of all the leaders dead.

So people understand this better, this isn't showing a direct future, but one that could happen, as obvious incentive to preventing it. Such a thing was shown in twilight of the aspects, when Thrall was caught in a timeway rift, and sent into a timeline where he died as a baby, Taretha was alive, and blackmoore ruled all having killed doomhammer himself. This was an alternative timeline, just as the vision we're seeing here is, thus why its called a 'thread'.
    #boycottchina

Am I the only one here who REALLY REALLY REALLY like the all-dead timeway?
    Seriously, wow needs a fresh restart. Let Garrosh kill them all and the next two expansions will center around new heroes and fresh new stories. Too bad it will never happen...

Dwarf and Gnomes didn't get impaled? Looks like they got the short end of the stick.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kejer View Post
    Am I the only one here who REALLY REALLY REALLY like the all-dead timeway?
    Seriously, wow needs a fresh restart. Let Garrosh kill them all and the next two expansions will center around new heroes and fresh new stories. Too bad it will never happen...
    How to sink the ship that is WoW 101. Out of stories to tell? KILL EVERYONE!

Not gonna argue about what WoW 'needs', but I don't like the idea of killing so many important lore figures, I just don't believe in the phoenix theory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exuja View Post
    How to sink the ship that is WoW 101. Out of stories to tell? KILL EVERYONE!

Not gonna argue about what WoW 'needs', but I don't like the idea of killing so many important lore figures, I just don't believe in the phoenix theory.
    it never works. killing off all major characters and still trying to revamp the series has never worked. In so many genres of them doing this outcries for the origanal characters often either forces the writers to bring them back, or kill the series altogether.

Known characters give structure to a lineal story, we need them to carry it though, and since warcraft is a story set in lineal fashion, it has to have continuity for them.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    it never works. killing off all major characters and still trying to revamp the series has never worked. In so many genres of them doing this outcries for the origanal characters often either forces the writers to bring them back, or kill the series altogether.

Known characters give structure to a lineal story, we need them to carry it though, and since warcraft is a story set in lineal fashion, it has to have continuity for them.
    My sentiments exactly.

Personally, as a horde player - I can't wait for 5.4, want to be done with that psychopathic orc.. right now the faction feels shattered thanks to all that's happening.

so ? people impaled everywhere like that Karazhan zone ,
    Can't wait for the butthurts because this is to much horror they can handle for a PG13 game

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    so ? people impaled everywhere like that Karazhan zone ,
    Can't wait for the butthurts because this is to much horror they can handle for a PG13 game
    I thought about this.

Garrosh is a favorite of mine, not because of how ''well'' he is written, or anything of that sort, but mainly because of the butthurt that he casues among so many people.

It's amazing how one character can create this amount of whinning.

The impaled models look really awkward. They are basically their /roar models, just freezed up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    I like how Kosak took a swipe at the shitty Alliance here. Showing what would happen if they refuse to lower themselves and become Vol'jinn's manservant in order to help the rebels.
    In case you havent noticed, Vol'jin has a trendy spine piercing made of wood as well... Get out of your own arse please.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The impaled models look really awkward. They are basically their /roar models, just freezed up
    Some of them are laughing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Some of them are laughing.
    Don't forget ones who swim backwards !!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    I thought about this.

Garrosh is a favorite of mine, not because of how ''well'' he is written, or anything of that sort, but mainly because of the butthurt that he casues among so many people.

It's amazing how one character can create this amount of whinning.
    then.. you really have problems if thats your only reason to enjoying a character. People that live by Schadenfreude are truly shallow creatures.
    #boycottchina