10+ Year Old Account

[Music] What song do you like from an artist/band/music genre you hate.

Pretty simple or hard question to ask but alot of people must have a song they like from someone or a musical genre they hate...

Maybe even if its a guilty pleasure we like listening too.. I'll start the ball rolling I guess.

Not a fan of Rihanna at all I wouldn't even own an album from her, I really hate the current r'n'b genre but I dont mind this song at all. I can tollate it more than most of her songs.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel like I'm at the age where I can listen to music from any artist or genre and not have to justify it. Just listen to what you like and don't worry about labels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I feel like I'm at the age where I can listen to music from any artist or genre and not have to justify it. Just listen to what you like and don't worry about labels.
    I'm 30 and find myself fussy about music more than I have ever been lol
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

for me this question isnt about labels really. some bands just suck, but have an awesome song or 2 in spite of their overall suckiness. good example (for me anyway)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgSn0SbQJQI

i think danzig sucks ass, but this song rocks
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Okay. I think Bruce Springsteen is awful, but I like I'm on Fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate Kid Rock with an everburning passion, and I hate southern rock just as much, but I enjoy listening to All Summer Long .

I wouldn't describe myself as a metal fan, but this wound up being really catchy.

And if you're taking one look at the title and backing off, give it a listen. That's the point of the thread, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account

Can't stand "Dubstyle" or Hardstyle or what ever this is. But I like this song.

Agreed. I primarily listen to metal, but I won't immediately be turned off to a song just because it's not metal. I hate most country music (mostly because I grew up/live in the south, and EVERYONE else here listens to it all the time to the point where I'm sick of it), but I still occasionally hear a country song that I can tolerate or even like.

I listen to songs i think are good, even if they are "lame" in others eyes. Also i listen to almost all kinds of music, but if i have to say something i dislike, then it is slow/sad/love songs.

So "Bruno Mars - When i was your man" would fall under that i suppose, however i like it, and he does have a great voice. o/
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Quote Originally Posted by Aspect of Death View Post
    I listen to songs i think are good, even if they are "lame" in others eyes. Also i listen to almost all kinds of music, but if i have to say something i dislike, then it is slow/sad/love songs.

So "Bruno Mars - When i was your man" would fall under that i suppose, however i like it, and he does have a great voice. o/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekzHIouo8Q4
    Following the Bruno Mars thing, I kind of like Locked out of Heaven. Also, I like ET by Katy Perry.

don't hate me pls

there is also one dubstep song I've been listening to lately. I hate myself.

Deleted
    I am not a fan of Metal but I do like Slipknot. I have no idea why I can listen to them but not any other Metal bands.

Heartless from Kanye. I saw a video of a really hot black chick in bra and thong dancing to it. Otherwise, I find this gay dude and his fake wife useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I am not a fan of Metal but I do like Slipknot. I have no idea why I can listen to them but not any other Metal bands.
    Same with me and Metallica. Though, to be fair, I like the softer stuff, Load/Reload and Black times.

Deleted
    Whilst hate is maybe too strong a word for my dislike of Metallica this song is an example of how well these guys could write music.

Metallica post-black/pre-DM was just shit relative to their former glory. A few exception for me are Hero of the Day and King Nothing.

November Rain is the only song I like from an artist I detest

I suppose the only genre I really can't stand is the boyband auto-tuned "crunkcore" garbage and there is not a single song from that genre I genuinely enjoy not even a guilty pleasure.