Deleted

Hunter Set Values 5.4

Hey

Im currently raiding in a guild and in prep for 5.4 we are looking at the value of set bonuses for each class.

So my question is how much of a DPS increase are the 5.4 Hunter 2 and 4 set bonuses? Both look good on the surface but how much of an increase are they really?

Quote Originally Posted by Eremor View Post
    Hey

Im currently raiding in a guild and in prep for 5.4 we are looking at the value of set bonuses for each class.

So my question is how much of a DPS increase are the 5.4 Hunter 2 and 4 set bonuses? Both look good on the surface but how much of an increase are they really?
    Just curious... why is the guild looking at the value of the sets?

Personally, I would like to see the tier in my raid go to healers >= tanks > dps...

After that the usual: does it complete a 2 or 4pc, size of upgrade over current gear, more skilled dps....

Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post

Personally, I would like to see the tier in my raid go to healers >= tanks > dps...

After that the usual: does it complete a 2 or 4pc, size of upgrade over current gear, more skilled dps....
    You wont get that far with that.

Full T16normal items, not warfroged and not upgraded.
    BM 5600 and 5800
    SV 3000 and 6600

Full T16HC items, not warforged and not upgraded.
    BM 5800 and 6800
    SV 5500 and 7200

In full Bis t16 HC/WF and upgraded it should be ~15000 dps combined.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is pretty much the exact opposite of gear priority these days. Healers are by far the least gear dependent.

The days of "gear up the tanks first" have been over for about 3-4 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    This is pretty much the exact opposite of gear priority these days. Healers are by far the least gear dependent.

The days of "gear up the tanks first" have been over for about 3-4 years now.
    I raid mostly normals, so dps requirements are not very strict and having the tanks and healers geared helps with early learning mistakes.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

good luck with those enrage timers.

Tanks > DPS > healers is how we used to do it in an old guild of mine. Tanks more gear = less healing. DPS more gear = faster kills less healing.

Quote Originally Posted by bewsh View Post
    good luck with those enrage timers.
    There will be no DPS checks, at least there weren't in ToT and they said they didn't like it. Normal modes can be done by simply executing the strategy, not by doing some damage to beat the Enrage timer. Heroic modes are the same in all honesty, there wasn't a single boss in ToT where the DPS Check was hard to meet.

Its always best to gear up the DPS nowdays then tanks then healers.

If you are only raiding normals with no aspirations of heroics then who cares who you gear up 1st. Seems like applying a hardcore approach to gearing for a casual raid enviroment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    There will be no DPS checks, at least there weren't in ToT and they said they didn't like it. Normal modes can be done by simply executing the strategy, not by doing some damage to beat the Enrage timer. Heroic modes are the same in all honesty, there wasn't a single boss in ToT where the DPS Check was hard to meet.
    I struggled meeting the Iron Qon DPS check at 480 ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by shanattah View Post
    I struggled meeting the Iron Qon DPS check at 480 ilvl
    The first 6 were tuned around iLvl 496, last 6 around 505-510. Tuned = average players.

480 is not even close to what Blizzard expects people to be when they do Iron Qon Normal.

Deleted
    Playing MM on ptr without TotH not fitting THAT many arcane shots into my rotation which reduces the significance of the 2 set. As Survival and BM I use considerably more arcane shots/mutli shots which improves my 2 set. Now comparing against the Brew master monk his 2 set is better so he will get prio. The 4 set as MM and Survival is pretty decent havent tried BM since an early ptr where the 4 set was dog it fell off before it ever reached maximum stacks.

I would say compare the tier sets with people you are rolling against the tokens for, that's how we do it.
    If there is higher ilvl gear than t16hc I will be going for that as MM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    Playing MM on ptr without TotH not fitting THAT many arcane shots into my rotation which reduces the significance of the 2 set. As Survival and BM I use considerably more arcane shots/mutli shots which improves my 2 set. Now comparing against the Brew master monk his 2 set is better so he will get prio. The 4 set as MM and Survival is pretty decent havent tried BM since an early ptr where the 4 set was dog it fell off before it ever reached maximum stacks.

I would say compare the tier sets with people you are rolling against the tokens for, that's how we do it.
    If there is higher ilvl gear than t16hc I will be going for that as MM.
    ... look at your 2pc again... read your comment... then fix your post.

Deleted
    Aimed shots also reduces the cooldown on RF by 4 sec just like arcane.

@OP. if you are in full HCWF2/2 having 2+4set as BM will give you a ~17k dps increase and as SV it is ~23k dps.
    Now taking my live gear and swapping head,shoulder,chest and gloves out for new normal tier and upgrading it to 2/2
    BM gets a 7k dps and an extra ~4k from the gear increase from the set bonus and SV will get 13k dps and an extra ~4k from gear increase.
    So if you mainly play SV and never to rarely play BM it's a powerful set.
    (MM set bonus is a bit weird on FD)